Rabbitohs challenge Manly fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
SOUTH Sydney co-owner Peter Holmes a Court last night taunted Manly fans, saying: "Let's see if more than 100 of them turn up to the game."

His comments continue the fiery exchanges between Souths and Manly in the build-up to this evening's match at Telstra Stadium, Homebush.

The off-field battle between the two famous clubs started in The Daily Telegraph a fortnight ago when Manly CEO Grant Mayer accused Souths co-owners Holmes a Court and Russell Crowe of being "attention seekers."

Holmes a Court challenged Sea Eagles fans to leave their "luxurious" northern beaches home tonight and head west to cheer their team.

"Let's see if more than 100 Manly fans make it to Homebush," Holmes a Court said. "Our fans are the most loyal in the game.

"Our away crowds are up 48 per cent so there's a challenge there for the Manly fans . . . how much do you want to support your team?"

Holmes a Court said he was disturbed by the fact Manly co-owner Max Delmege was born in Maroubra - Souths territory - yet left for Sydney's north.

"Maybe Manly fans are spoilt in having their home ground in their backyard," he said.

"They keep telling us how luxurious it is on the northern beaches, so it will be interesting to see whether they will travel to Homebush. I see Max Delmege was born in Maroubra but moved to the northern beaches. But we're proud of our grassroots and we're proud to have Redfern."

Mayer responded last night saying: "Our supporters are warming up for the finals.

"They'll be there in their numbers on Monday night.

"We have bigger fish to fry than Souths."

Manly halfback Matt Orford is unlikely to play, because of a thigh injury. Michael Monaghan will be shifted to halfback with Matt Ballin expected to come in at hooker.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler may rest some players before the finals with Melbourne now all but assured of winning the minor premiership.

Hasler may even rest a player or two from tonight's game or decide against taking some of his bigger names to Auckland for next weekend's match against New Zealand.

Meanwhile, Holmes a Court and Crowe will miss this evening's match. :lol:

The pair will be in Los Angeles to promote their South Side Story television documentary, to be aired in the US in October. "We wish we could be at Homebush," Holmes a Court said.

Crowe will also promote his forthcoming movie.

Souths are reporting no late injury problems.

Why would 100 of us need to turn up to the game?

He just wants to make sure they at least break even in gate takings even though it is a garunteed loss to the bunnies

Manly have been getting good away crowds all year anyway (we even had a few there out of the 6,000 at the Sharks match).

This really did bring a smile to my face .. good on Peter ... all harmless banter. Who really cares what he says anyway. I was at the Sharks match and I was surprised at the support there was for Manly, even on a cold (bloody freezing) wet night.

I too was at Shark Park. What a ****ehouse venue. Graveyard for fans as well as most visiting teams. Terrible place to get to and be at.

Honestly though...do they really think fans in 2007 wouldn't know what type of psychology they are using?

Tell em Jatz.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4