R6 MANLY NSW CUP V ILLAWARRA CUTTERS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What is wrong with this team. They have some of the most outstanding young talent around and are playing like turkeys. Is it the coaching? Surely they should be doing far better than this. Seems as soon as Tom Symonds was promoted they fell in a heap. What's Chee Kam doing

Bearfax said:
What is wrong with this team. They have some of the most outstanding young talent around and are playing like turkeys. Is it the coaching? Surely they should be doing far better than this. Seems as soon as Tom Symonds was promoted they fell in a heap. What's Chee Kam doing

Well I hate to say it but I think it is the coach. I like willo he is a good bloke but this squad should be ripping teams up. Willo did no good with the under 20s and no good with the nsw cup side 2 years ago.
Cliffy did better last year. I spoke to one of the players last night and he said hes head has not been in the games. That is coaching. They are not drilled or coached right.

You are right , if the talent is there and the players are not playing as a team or with passion it has to be the coach

lovefooty said:
Well I hate to say it but I think it is the coach. I like willo he is a good bloke
He also seems quite smart but I suppose there is more to coaching than being popular and smart (otherwise TC would be on a $million contract). Maybe a hard edge is what's needed. Can't ever recall seeing Willo scowl at anyone...

Willo didn't have a lot of talent to work with in other team. Remember, this team is solid but not as good as we keep rating it.

Nearly all of them are players cut from other teams.

2. Chapman is useless and thankfully isn't there anymore.

5. Nasso has always been ordinary.

centre: Parra fans laughed when we signed Esi. They said he was useless. He certainly was at Mounties.

wing: McGlinchey left us, went to the Dogs and back here (says it all)

Half: Seage not really wanted at Parra (and they need help)

Half: Chisholm cut by Storm and Tigers.

2nd row: Hasson and Gower let go by Sharks and Saints. Hasson is now being trialled at prop because he's pretty slow.

Rose is disinterested.

Big signing Lawton is on the bench for reserve grade so not the gun we thought.

Cunningham hasn't stepped up from an impressive junior career.

Ben Musolino wasn't wanted by Saints.

Nick Skinner is a plodder at best.

The Good:

Chee Kam recovering from off season surgery. Extremely talented junior but missed most of the off season. He's very young.

Sao is a young prop and new to the club. First season playing seniors so not expected to destroy teams yet.

Gagan is only a youngster and can't get much ball on the wing or centre.
Higgins has been a top talent coming through and rightfully back at hooker.

Justin Lemalu has come through our juniors as an impressive prop but just out of 20's. Rose would be a great role model for him and Sao (wish!! look at what they are seeing at training and games!!!)

We will see how tough Willow is as a coach this week to see how he reacts to the disgraceful twitter of George Rose. As Boofhead revealed - and I checked it myself to be sure - Rose said yesterday;

"Think I might chuck a sickie and go check out @kellyslater at manly. Great day to be in the water #FootyOrSurf #Decisions hmmm"

What a great attitude. This bloke should be a leader. They are a young team crying out for leadership and direction and George has a role to play here.

But will Willo sack him?

I cant believe George would say a thing like that , and i don't believe Toovey would be impressed either .

I'm not sure if George was serious, but that is the problem. The younger guys might not have known if he was serious either?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6