R5 MANLY NSW CUP V NEWTOWN JETS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here are the highlights of last weeks big win over Canterbury from the NSW RL website;

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=multimedia&vid=533561

Thanks FB - a couple of thoughts after seeing that is how good did Jesse (no.15) go before he was injured and what a great pass by Hiku for Dom Nasso's try - both these guys are real talents!!!

Fairy Bower said:
Here are the highlights of last weeks big win over Canterbury from the NSW RL website;

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=multimedia&vid=533561
Wow I caught a glimpse of a bloke I assume to be John Kite. He looks like he ate George Rose and had a couple of Burgess brothers for dessert. A very big boy indeed.

wombatgc said:
eaglezap said:
Does anyone have result and details of yesterday's game ?

Got flogged 38-10.

I was at the game and it was a big disappointment on last week.
We could not hang onto the ball. Our defense was not seen all day .
We just did not respect the jets or the ball and got flogged for it.
This side is very hot and cold.
We did miss big Jessy this week as he was out injured and Big George played like a big girl. He should be drooped to A grade.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Newtown Jets 38 (Tries: U OSullivan 2, B Jones 2, P Rokolati 2, H Wells, Conversions: P Rokolati 5) def Manly (Tries: D Nasso, M Chee Kam Conversions: D Chisholm)

This was a terrible game. As someone has pointed out this team is very hot and cold. Last week we played like champions and yesterday they played like chumps. We were 7th on the table going in to this game and after getting smashed we lay in 9th spot and depending on a couple of results today we might be in 11th spot by this afternoon.

This team is schizophrenic - you really don't know what you are going to get each week. Not one player advanced their cause for first grade selection. Poor discipline, poor ball control and bad defence was the order of the day. Yeah we were missing Jesse & Nick Skinner and the size they bring to the team and we appeared to be getting out-muscled particularly late in the game.

I think 3 or 4 of Newtown's trys came from kicks to our wings. We seemed to get out leaped and I think this is an area the coaches need to work on.

Not too many positives to report on this week. Next week we host the Illawarra Cutters at Brookie. I wonder which Manly team will front up?

Let them play efore the Fg games each week and see how much better they would be. Holden cup needs ot be downgraded to presidents cup which is used to be and play either before NSW cup or on say a wednesday night.

The players might have thought they were playing at Henson Park given that Jets supporters out numbered ours by 2 to 1 making noise and waving their flags.

Fairy Bower said:
The players might have thought they were playing at Henson Park given that Jets supporters out numbered ours by 2 to 1 making noise and waving their flags.

But did anyone bring the KB?

It is a side with a massive amount of new personnel so it may take a while for them to gel properly I would have thought

Thanks Fairy Bower. Really appreciate your summary of NSW Cup games because its so difficult to get anything but the results. Is it likely you will do the NYC games as well. Thanks for the service. Keep up the good work. Look forward to your later reports

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6