R4 MANLY NSW CUP V CANTERBURY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do they look similar? Maybe they have been using him instead of Tony?

Nah. Tony's just ****house.

In a complete form reversal Manly have defeated Canterbury 36-12. Gower started and played the ful game. Halves Chisholm & Seage outstanding. Great performances all over the park

eaglezap said:
Does anyone know the score & details of today's game ?

@[eaglezap]

Check the post above yours.

Yes I was down there, unfortunately we lost Nick Skinner and also the bloke was 18th man on Thurs (Sene Lao something) to bad injuries by the look of things. Anyway a much better performance from the TV game last week - Gower was great along Chislom, Saege, Hiku, Higgins, Lawton but most of the team played great

Shame about Jesse as I heard he was really looking to go well this year. Nice to see a great win as this team has a lot of talent in its ranks. Higgins has always impressed me and I know the club feel the same. Maybe a Ballin replacement in the future!!!
Seeing Junior Palau in a Dogs jumper is a shame nut he just couldn't kick on even though he was in the top squad with us. Brilliant junior who had some serious injuries which stopped his potential from going further. Watched him in a Flegg?? a few years ago and he steamrolled the Tigers.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Jesse was actually a standout until hurt just before halftime. Big George was good without being great. There were others ahread of him in the game eg Gower

Well what a difference a week makes. The last two weeks we were flogged 40-10 by the Blake Ferguson led Mounties and 50-12 by Wests Tigers. So what happened yesterday when we faced a Canterbury team boasting plenty of NRL experience including Hodkinson, Romelo, Lafai and Drury Low?

I think you can put it down to a combination of factors including some strategic changes to the team, correcting the poor ball handling that had marred the team’s performance, a return to Fortess Brookvale, the return to form of George Rose and the inclusion of David Gower and Jesse Sene-Lefao at the 11th hour. Gower played 20 minutes for the NRL team against Wests Tigers and any more minutes would not have allowed him to take the field yesterday. His contribution was outstanding.

Mention should be made of the courageous effort from the team that had to play the second half with a two man bench after injuries to Jesse Sene-Lefao and Nick Skinner. Both players were going well.

Dane Chisholm and Jason Seage superbly led this team around the paddock and they both produced really dominant kicking games continually putting the Bulldogs under pressure. They out played Hodkinson & Romelo. But they wouldn’t have been able to play such outstanding games if it were not for the grit of the forwards who provided good go-forward for the team. Seage scored the first try with some dazzling footwork and speed and moments later put big winger Dean McGlinchey over in the corner with a deft grubber kick. McGlinchey had a good game and scored 2 trys.

George Rose played his best game for this team so far this season. I felt the last few weeks he was not putting in but I really believed he lifted yesterday and had a real dig. His contribution is important to this team. I also thought Chee Kam had his best game for us with some purposeful running to add to his good defence. Ligi Sao was all heart and continually looked for work. Good to see Ben Musolino also have his best game for the Sea Eagles after coming here from the Dragons.

The back three of Hiku, Nasso & McGlinchey were safe as a bank and continually diffused bombs coming their way from Hodkinson.

But it was great to see the team play a more disciplined and structured game. Gone were the silly penalties and poor ball handling. You could hear the players yelling, “complete the set” and I remember once when Ligi lost the ball, Chizzo rebuked him, “no more loose passes Ligi”. The talk was good. No poor performances yesterday as everyone had a dig.

Manly Sea Eagles 36 ( Tries: D McGlinchey 2, D Nasso, B Musilino, J Seage, J Gagan, J Sene-Lefao Conversions: D Chisholm 4) def Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs 12 ( Tries: T Lafai, T Hodkinson Conversions: T Hodkinson 2)

Thanks for the report Fairy Bower.

On a side note, I like the way that you have highlighted the players names by bolding them. It really makes them stand out and makes it easy to scan if you wanted to check up on a particular players progress in the game.

Howdid the 20s look ?

I know they win against a very good tiers team, but I haven't been able to find any reports?

I didn't see them play but here is a match report;

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/NYC-Sea-Eagles-v-Tigers-match-report/71149

NYC: Sea Eagles v Tigers match report
John Chammas | Photo: Robb Cox - nrlphotos.com
Thursday 28 March 2013 8:00 PM
The Sea Eagles NYC have recorded their second win of the season, defeating last year’s NYC premiers, Wests Tigers at Blue tongue Stadium.

The boys in maroon and white were at their attacking best and even more devastating in defence. The Tigers looked certain to score on a number of occasions but the home side were up to the task, keeping their opponents relatively quiet in the first half.

Manly prop forward Jake Trbojevic crashed through the Tigers' defence to open the scoring for his side.
When Dylan Kelly made a break, the support play of hooker Michael Stig proved a pearler as he sliced through the line to take his side out to a 12-0 lead.

The Sea Eagles went into half time leading by eight and when Sam Short sliced through two defenders after the break, the home side was well and truly on top.

Manly had dominated the majority of the match and when centre Clinton Gutherson picked up the grubber kick from the Tigers to run the length of the field, the Sea Eagles were home and hosed as they led 24-4 on the hour mark.

Charlie Taylor piled on more pain for the Tigers, pouncing as a high ball from Short was allowed to bounce in goal.

The Tigers managed to pin back two trys through powerful second-rower Salesi Funaki but, although impressive, they were nothing but consolation as Manly proved too good on the night, taking vistory 28-16.

aha played with/against and went to school with 3 of the nyc boys, good to see em winning.

I was there ,it was a great game and good to see the boys come back from last week.
I did see something funny and I will bag him when I see him but manly got a penalty on there 40 mtr line. Chisom kicked out gaining an extra 10.
The ball bounced in the grandstand and Bob Reilly caught it. He then tried to firer a pass back to the ball boy waiting .It missed hitting a bulldog fan in the back of the head. From the look of it it wasn't Des or any former manly staffer now with the dogs but it got a good laugh for those who saw it including Kerry Sibrra sitting next to him.

Good one Bob,we are glad you were a front rower.

Jethro said:
Thanks for the report Fairy Bower.

On a side note, I like the way that you have highlighted the players names by bolding them. It really makes them stand out and makes it easy to scan if you wanted to check up on a particular players progress in the game.

Agreed Jethro. I thought highlighting the names was a classy touch to an excellent match report.

Good win and I'm glad Gower got to spend some time on the field after only playing 20 minutes on Thursday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6