R4 MANLY NSW CUP V CANTERBURY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
Manly team to play Canterbury Saturday 30 March 2013 3pm Brookvale Oval

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=70754&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-four

1. Peta HIKU
2. Dom NASSO
3. Jacob GAGAN
4. Esi TONGA
5. Dean McGLINCHEY
6. Dane CHISHOLM
7. Jason SEAGE
8. James HASSON
9. Liam HIGGINS
10. George ROSE
11. Michael CHEE KAM
12. Ben MUSOLINO
13. Nick SKINNER
Interchange:
14. Kayne LAWTON
15. James CUNNINGHAM
16. Steve TAVITA
17. Ligi SAO

COACH: Luke WILLIAMSON

Wonder how much they'll get belted by this week?

Willow has got to go. He has coached NSW cup before and they sucked, U20s last year sucked and if he doesn't get results with a pretty good squad he needs to go.

Unless the CEO is sleeping with his mum. Might have got some advice from the other waxhead south of the harbour.

Some interesting changes this week;

*Seage at 7 and Chiz at 6. Usually the other way around. WTF? Is there any difference?

*Gagen to centre.

*McGlinchy & Nasso retain their wing positions over Chapman.

*Liam Higgins starts at hooker while Kayne Lawton comes off the bench.

*James Hasson starts at prop (not 2nd row) while James Cunningham comes off the bench

George Rose is starting as prop. I hope he plays with some pride for the club this week. We really need him to step up against a real nasty bunch from Canterbury.

Here is the Canterbury team

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, March 30
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Michael Laverty
Broadcast: www.nswrl.com.au’s NSWRL Match Centre Scoreboard

1. Nathan Massey
2. Brett Lane
3. Tim Lafai
4. Ed Murphy
5. Daniel Abou-Sleiman
6. Joel Romelo
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Junior Palau
9. Shane Pumipi
10. John Kite
11. Lachlan Burr
12. Harlan Alaalatoa
13. Paul Carter

14. Steve Azzi
15. Josh Gill
16. Dean Janda
19. Gareth Shepherdson

COACH: Barry Ward

Trent Hodkinson makes a return to Brookvale.

I know he got a good deal with the Dogs but it must eat away at him that he is stuck in reserves after playing a full season of first grade with us.

I watched manly play tigers last week, they were crap...... rose dragged himself around like he was on another plant.... they really need to step up..... chee kam was ok , was hoping to see more spark from him, considering all the hype .... didnt really stand out.

Brookie said:
c eagle said:
I watched manly play tigers last week, they were crap...... rose dragged himself around like he was on another plant....

what sort of plant?

Well, the way they played, it's not hard to guess what sort of plant!

They were seriously awful, I only watched the second half and it's 40 mins of my life I can't get back.
Willo may cop the blame as he's the coach but some of the errors made couldn't be all the coach's fault.

NSW Cup preview from NSW RL website

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=70795&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-four

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, March 30
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Referee: Michael Laverty
Broadcast: www.nswrl.com.au’s NSWRL Match Centre Scoreboard

Summary: After a promising first up win over the Vulcans, the Sea Eagles have lost two on the trot, and things won’t get much easier for them here as a Bulldogs side who have also only posted the one win thus far themselves, head over the bridge on Saturday. The Sea Eagles were comprehensively outclassed in the second half last weekend by the Tigers while the Dogs were unable to overcome a slow start against Wentworthville. The Bulldogs have named a largely unchanged side from last week although there is some chance the likes of Drury Low and Tim Browne may be late inclusions if their services are not required at ANZ Stadium on Friday night. Luke Williamson has reshuffled his side somewhat with Hiku back at fullback this round and McGlinchey shifting out onto the wing while Lawton and Cunningham move back to the bench and there places are taken in the run on team by Higgins and Hasson respectively. The Sea Eagles will be keen to win as many games as possible at Brookvale Oval this season, because in past years, wins have been at a premium away from the northern beaches.

Talking Point: Pow Pow Palau – While Belmore cult figure Marty ‘Kapow’ Tapau is currently spending a well deserved stint in the top grade covering for James Graham and Sam Kasiano, the Belmore faithful have found another burly front rower to get behind in Junior ‘Pow Pow’ Palau. This former Manly man hasn't looked out of place since arriving at Canterbury in the off season and seeing as though this will be his first hit out against his former club, we are tipping that he will have a big one.

Prediction: A Dogs win seems the logical tip but you can expect Manly to be better than they were last week. Dogs by 10.

Poor timing by the Leauge. Why wouldn't they play the same week as first grade. Especially just a week apart.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4