R20 MANLY NSW CUP V WYONG ROOS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=79968&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-twenty

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Wyong Roos
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, July 27
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Referee: Daniel Olford
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Peta Hiku
4. Troy Savage
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Kayne Lawton
8. Ligi Sao
9. Liam Higgins
10. Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Michael Chee Kam
12. Nick Skinner
13. Dylan Strickland

14. Jason Seage
15. Kayse Greer
16. Justin Lemalu
17. Jackson Williams

COACH: Luke Williamson

It looks like a strong line up FB . I think Peter Hiku best position is at centre

Game on - Ligi V Stromquist. Don't want to miss it!

1. Grant Nelson
2. Ben Shorter
3. Matt Nelson
4. Dan Phillips
5. Etu Uaisele
6. Brad Bennett
7. Jono Ford
8. Eloni Vunakece
9. Mitch Williams (c)
10. Magnus Stromquist
11. Marvin Filipo
12. Junior Tia Kilifi
13. Brock Molan

14. Jay Florimo
15. Leivaha Pulu
16. Kaine Matthews
17. Shaun Boss
19. Lionel O’Mally
20. Joel Patterson

COACH: Paul Stringer

Look out I bet that Magnus lover will be on here tellin us what were missing out on.

Match preview from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=80230&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-twenty

Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

Summary: A very even contest is expected when the Manly Sea Eagles play host to the Wyong Roos this Saturday. The Sea Eagles will be out to avenge a 26-10 Round 12 loss up on the Central Coast but will be confident of doing so having won two of their last four. The Sea Eagles have played some of their best football of the season over the past six weeks and with a strong side named including Peta Hiku, Nick Skinner and Kayne Lawton, the home side will expect to win. Wyong were no match for the Tigers in the first forty minutes last weekend but did manage to salvage some pride as they scored 18 late unanswered points to eventually go down 30-18. Wyong continue to play well in patches of games without really putting together a complete performance. If the Roos are to knock off Manly for the second time in 2013 they will need to complete a high percentage of their sets and keep the man in pink on side throughout.

Talking Point: Magnus the Magnificent – A former Manly man who now wears the Green and Gold of Wyong is Magnus Stromquist. Stromquist has been a shining light for Wyong all year long and would only trail Mitch Williams in terms of being the clubs best player in their inaugural season. This kid only knows one way to play and that’s hard and straight, and expect him to put his best foot forward against his old club on the weekend.

Prediction: Manly have been much better of late and will look to register a rare home win. Sea Eagles by 8.

Fairy Bower said:
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=79968&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-twenty

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Peta Hiku
4. Troy Savage
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Kayne Lawton
8. Ligi Sao
9. Liam Higgins
10. Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Michael Chee Kam
12. Nick Skinner
13. Dylan Strickland

14. Jason Seage
15. Kayse Greer
16. Justin Lemalu
17. Jackson Williams

COACH: Luke Williamson

A winger and a halfback on the bench?

Yep, a winger & halfback. I'm pretty sure we have been running 4 forwards all year off the bench. I guess only Willo would know why we are running with 2 backs for this game.

I can work the Seage one out. He could give Higgins a rest or alternatively Lawton to hooker and Seage to HB. Jackson Williams is a very good winger. I guess Farrar & Gagen better be on their game!

Wyong lead 4 nil after 10 min. Ligi Sao on report twice for high and late shots

Chisholm scores and converts manly 6-4

Gagen scores 10-4

Gagen in again 16-4

Wyong score after too many handling errors from manly. H/T manly lead 16-10.

Wyong lead 24-22. 7 to go

Ligi sent off for an elbow with 26 seconds left

Manly win 28-24 after a lawton try with 2 mins left.

Wow. Cant believe we won that. We played awful in the 2nd half. Not sure what fired Ligi up today. He was on report twice before being sent off late in the game.

James Hasson played a full game and went well. Skinner, Chisholm, Gagen, Lemarlu, Higgins and Chee-Kam all good games. Some obversations;

Gutherson made some simple handling errors in the first half and made one nice clean break. His second half was much safer.

I dont think Lawton is a half. He likes to run to much himself at the expense of starving his edge.

Chee-Kam continues to improve.

Gagen went off injured in the 1st half and was replaced by Seage. He was playing really well before that with 2 trys.

Fairy Bower said:
Wow. Cant believe we won that. We played awful in the 2nd half. Not sure what fired Ligi up today. He was on report twice before being sent off late in the game.

James Hasson played a full game and went well. Skinner, Chisholm, Gagen, Lemarlu, Higgins and Chee-Kam all good games. Some obversations;

Gutherson made some simple handling errors in the first half and made one nice clean break. His second half was much safer.

I dont think Lawton is a half. He likes to run to much himself at the expense of starving his edge.

Chee-Kam continues to improve.

Gagen went off injured in the 1st half and was replaced by Seage. He was playing really well before that with 2 trys.

Thanks for the report FB, but how did Magnus the Magnificent go?

FB your summaries as usual are entertaining and enjoyable. Thanks again. Hope Sao isnt out for too long. I guess if he is gone for a while they'll bring young Trbojevic back from U20s. Good to hear Chee-Kam is getting better and that Gutherson, but for a few errors is looking good. Excellent result

Noticed no Hiku in the final team that played in NSW Cup and he's not listed for Manly firsts. Is he injured or is there a secret injury in firsts we will only know of on Monay evening

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2