Quote of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Wheel link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=186377.msg314721#msg314721 date=1297218709]
Yeah I have no problem with the \"s**t Happens\" comment. What I have an issue with is a supposed \"leader\" having 2 and a half hours notice for an interview, and still not being able to come up with a suitable response to a question he knew was coming?!!?

Just standing there looking like one of those dogs on someones dashboard moving your head around is not an appropriate response.

Agree Clon - the Sh*t comment in a non issue, but the way he handled the interview was not soemthing you would expect from a future PM or international representative of our country
[/quote]

Yes it is much better that we have a ranga who speaks like she should be wearing flanelette shirts and uggh boots representing Australia

I somewhat agree with you Jatz in the sense that surely, it is not possible for a national leader to be so seriously dumbfounded. Usually when Abbot is thinking or lost for words he fills the void with er's and ahh's! Just another filthy journo adding flavour to the mix to suit his own agenda!

AND we all know how journo's do that don't we!!

Pricks, I hate the lot of them after what they did to Brett.

That footage was doctored, Abbott only nodded his head for 3 seconds but they looped the film so it appeared to be much longer. Must have some fans of the movie speed at Seven. ;)

Abbott's a complete dog.  He was nowhere about when we needed Brookvale upgrading.  In contrast, all other politicians dug up oodles of coin to upgrade League facilities in their electorates.  Abbott had years to give us some cash and did nothing.  "**** happens", and it's Abbott that's ****e.

Im shocked with the stupidity of some voters,they dont understand what
they are voting for its all "i vote labour/liberal DER!!!"

Northern beaches is one of these stupid area,a liberal seat as safe
as a titanium house

DSM5 link said:
Abbott's a complete dog.  He was nowhere about when we needed Brookvale upgrading.  In contrast, all other politicians dug up oodles of coin to upgrade League facilities in their electorates.  Abbott had years to give us some cash and did nothing.  \"s**t happens\", and it's Abbott that's s**te.

**** mate. 'complete dog' is bloody harsh. I'm all up for a Brooky upgrade but there were a few more pressing issues around election time!

DSM5 link said:
Abbott's a complete dog. 

This.

I wont exactly be doing a Duff if the Libs get in next election but if this twat is still the leader of their party when they do then what little faith I still have in Australia will be shattered.

Back on topic though, F Norths & all that.

Jatz Crackers link said:
My view on the Abbott thing is a bit different.

He told the journo he was taking the comment out of context and ended up (after some silence) restating the journo had received an answer fitting of the question.

I see Abbotts silence as demonstrating great control. The journo deserved to be knocked down then and there IMO.

yup, if it was 2 blokes in a pub and one said that to the other I dare say there would have been more than silence. One of them would have ended up on his arse.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Wolfpack...you coming to Melbourne mate???

Yeah mate should be there. Just been run off my feet lately & forgot all about booking.

Should send the forms off late this week, got them sitting on my desk at home.

Good man...the numbers are growing I reckon we "might" get to 100...so a LOT of noise coming their way!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Good man...the numbers are growing I reckon we \"might\" get to 100...so a LOT of noise coming their way!!

Good to hear. The MWTS has made a wall of noise on every Melbourne trip for the past two years (Even when we got hammered in the finals down in the Tard Dome) so it'll be good to keep that tradition going!

Cambo - " Are you a ladyboi"?

Thai - "No Mr Cambo me no ladyboi but you bery hundsum man"

Cambo -"Why Kob khun Krap but you sure you're not a ladyboi"

Thai - "Oh Mr Cambo, me sure me no ladyboi. Cannot afford operation yet but I think you like go with me short time please? maybe you become my overseas boyfriend, can help me by sending money to me every month maybe 10,000 baht..... because you bery hunsum man"

Abbott just looked mentally unstable and not up to hard questions with his head wobbling around in fury.  His version of the Mark Latham handshake moment.

Its worth noting that after this trip to Afghanistan he came out saying the troops weren't being given enough gear (remember him asking for tanks?), yet there in that video is the commander for the area saying they have everything they need. That's the real story here I think.   

All he had to do was explain the context, and I thought the journo was fair enough in the way he asked the questions, especially with 2.5 hours notice and a transcript of the video. 

People are saying Gillard faked her tears about the floods which is very harsh in my book.  I bet she will hold it together better when asked about that.

Anyone with half a brain would realise he was saying "**** happens" in terms of - sometimes bad things out of your control just happen.
Not as in - ahwell **** happens get over it.

That chan 7 wanker was just after some more face time on TV.
Tony Abbott is a douche bag but even douche bags deserve a fair go. Unless they wear purple.

I ran into Tony the other week and was whinging about brooky oval and how we cant get funding.
He told me **** happens

I complained to Abbott about Trex not knowing where to stand in defence and he said the same thing - "sh*t happens".

It was highly offensive.  The bloke should have showed more compassion.

Abbott's just lucky Mark Riley wasn't there.

DSM5 link said:
Abbott's a complete dog.  He was nowhere about when we needed Brookvale upgrading.  In contrast, all other politicians dug up oodles of coin to upgrade League facilities in their electorates.  Abbott had years to give us some cash and did nothing.  \"s**t happens\", and it's Abbott that's s**te.

DSM, I am not a massive fan of Abbott's, never will be. But I am a Liberal. What you need to understand is every area that has received a grant from the Government  in the past 15 years has been a Labor area:

State:

Balmain/Leichardt (Verity Firth's seat)
Kogarah (Rockdale, Frank Sartor's seat)
Wollongong (Seat of Kiama)
Campbelltown (Seats of Campbelltown and Wollondilly, both Labor)
Parramatta (Seat of Parramatta, Labor held)
Redfern ( Seat of Clare, Clover Moore's seat (Labor Leaning Independent)

Brookvale Oval (Seat of Manly, was a Labor leaning Independent until Mike Baird won at the last election. Since then we received our state funding)

Federally, only one stadium has had money put in it and that was Kogarah. This was from Howard because Howard is a Dragons supporter. Nothing more, nothing less.

There has not been a Liberal in NSW and Federally at the same time since the great Sir Robert Askin was Premier and Billy McMahon was voted out as PM to make way for Gough Whitlam in 1972. This area alone hasn't had a leader or Treasurer since Askin was the Premier in 1972. Now, not only do we have the Opposition Leader federally from this area but we also have half the Cabinet in the future NSW Liberal Government as well, including the Premier and the Treasurer.

What does this mean for us? Very simple: An application to Infrastructure NSW (the group O'Farrell will be creating) and then onto Infrastructure Australia for an upgrade to the stadium, a process that has never been available and quite frankly our best chance ever to ensure Brookie gets the upgrade it deserves.

If you take Labor out of the mix and bypass them using a loyal NSW Government, then this area will get what it needs for the first time since '72

If Bazza O'Farrell was like 'the great Sir Robert Askin' then we would just need to pass a brown paper bag to the right people and it would then be called Brookie Palace.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6