Questions, I can not answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Watching the game last night some things stuck out like dogs balls.

1 - Why would a half back stand 20 or more metres nearly on the other side of the field from the play the ball on the last tackle less than 10 metres from the line?

2 - Why would both your half back and 5/8 both play makers, stand in second receiver in the same position as above?

3 - Why 2 years in a row would we select Anasta and an a rookie halfback which has now failed twice, when we have seasoned halfbacks to step in?

4 - Why would you keep arguably th ebest fullback in the game on the bench for nearly 60 minutes?

5 - Why would you play one of the heaviest, slowest wingers, with no ability to jump, opposite the best "in the air" player the game has ever seen, when you have someone like Hayne, who can jump and catch?

There are more but I am too angry to bother finishing them

If the following names are selected for NSW next year. I'm giving up on origin.

White
Hoffman
Anasta
Monaghan
Tupou

A little unfair on monaghan but the other 4 continually get selected and continually show they aren't up to it.

NSW boasts some of the best young forwards in the game. The forward pack chosen is embarrassing in comparison to what could have run out there.

Kite, O'meley, Bailey, Heighnington, Watmough.

At LEAST 2 or 3 of those players above should have been there.

Bye bellamy. You got your favourites their rep jumper now piss off and let's play a proper origin series.

Bailey is out for the rest of the season I think.

But Kite, is rated by Australian selectors as one of the top 2 props, he should have had automatic selection!

Dan link said:
5 - Why would you play one of the heaviest, slowest wingers, with no ability to jump, opposite the best \"in the air\" player the game has ever seen, when you have someone like Hayne, who can jump and catch?
Exactly Dan, why Hayne was not marking Folau is beyond me, Quinn on Boyd would have been a much closer match up.

You forgot Quinn and Gallen Nutz.

Yeah Monaghan deserves another chance, didnt do a great deal wrong, certainly not as much wrong as some nuff nuffs that have played a heap of games

Why pick two halves whose only attacking weapon is the bomb and then pick a small winger (Quinn) and a lazy one (Hayne). 

Lesson:  When we play Melbourne we need to bomb the corners and grubber through the middle third.  Make Quinn and Turner go high and Inglis and Folou swing low. 

Gidley was our most dangerous looking player.

If i was coach and we fell behind....i wouldn't of hooked Gidley for Buderus. I would of pulled that mug Gallen (how many penalties can 1 man give away) off and let Gidley/Stewart roam around and try and make something happen.

Anasta and Pearce should of be targetting Boyd with their kicks. It just beggars belief.

Is Bellamy reading too much into his own hype and trying to constantly come up with these miracle moves to make him appear greater? All he has done is made himself look like a douche.

The NSW kicking game was atrocious and all because the kickers stood too far away from the ruck, by the time they got the ball QLD had already made the 10 and were right on top of them, it's and easy concept, stand a little deeper and close tot he ruck so you get the ball quickly

Bederus ran well out of dummy half but his service was poor.

I also can't believe how many times, the ball was thrown to Anasta or Pearce only for them to throw it to the other to kick

I'm bewildered as to why Gidley didn't play the full 80.

Hoffman was rat **** as usual. He should have been hooked with Anasta going into the backrow. Stewy to fullback and Gidley a roaming 5/8th role.

I plead for a change of selectors. Honestly, how can they get it so wrong. The first game was deadset jagged. It was said before the start of the series that it was one of the worst NSW sides on paper. They were right.

This is the team that should have been running around from day 1.

Stewart
Hayne
Gasnier/Jennings??
Cooper
Monoghan/Quinn/Robertson
Greg Bird
Matt Orford
Brent Kite
Danny Buderus
Mark O'Meley/Bailey
Hindmarsh/Heighnington
Fitzgibbon
Gallen

Gidley
Cross
Laffranchi
Mason

Much better team.

There is actually front rowers in my team.
Orford has proven he can play without a skilled up 5/8th.

I know it might appear bias with the introduction of some manly players but fair dinkum they are on top of the competition for a reason.

Next year, I'd like to see something like:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jarred Hayne
03. Mark Gasnier
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Nathan Merritt
06. Feleti Mateo
07. Peter Wallace
08. Brent Kite
09. Danny Buderus
10. Willie Mason
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Luke Bailey
16. Mark O'Mealey
17. Anthony Watmough

well you wont Rhino

Buderus and Lyon are gone from rep stuff for a start.

and Nathan Merrit???

Ryan link said:
Next year, I'd like to see something like:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jarred Hayne
03. Mark Gasnier
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Nathan Merritt
06. Feleti Mateo
07. Peter Wallace
08. Brent Kite
09. Danny Buderus
10. Willie Mason
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Luke Bailey
16. Mark O'Mealey
17. Anthony Watmough

Although it would be good to have him there Ryan, Buderus is gonski, goooorne.....(although, you never know).

I thought Perry deserves a Bench spot as well.

Matabele link said:
Why pick two halves whose only attacking weapon is the bomb and then pick a small winger (Quinn) and a lazy one (Hayne). 

The other question/s regarding these two is:

What was Bellamy's game plan for them & is this what they were told to do?

Until we know all of the facts, you can't lay all of the blame for the way they played totally on them. Bellamy is just as if not totally to blame. I agree with whoever said that Gidley should have played 5/8th as Brett should have been Fullback from the start. Pearce was an unknown entity in that role for Origin. For all that we knew, he may have blitzed them just like Langer did for QLD on the first Origin game that he played but sadly, Pearce didn't. To me, he was just too inexperienced to be thrown into that Origin spot at this point in time. His old man even said that he would have been more happy if he was given another 12 months to gain more NRL experience before given the appointment as the NSW Origin halfback & I tend to agree. I wouldn't write him off by just the one game at that level as everybody makes mistakes. Anasta has no excuse as he's been there before.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4