Question about the opposition coach Friday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
just interested to see where everyone's heads at in regards to Des now days.

I know turning the clock back 4 years ago I was leading the chorus on here for him to be lynched at Brookie (Jks).

But being honest now my stance has softened. I despise the dogs but I have no hate for des, the bugger still makes me laugh with some of the stuff he says in the media and I really hope that some stage in the future he comes back. The way I see it he owes us fans a premiership for the one he spoiled in 2011.

What about everyone else?

If des doesn't win the comp this year, which i cannot see him doing, he will be under huge pressure to retain his job at the dogs as he has not delivered.

Just another statistic in the players and coaches who leave manly and never achieve the same sucess.

If des doesn't win the comp this year, which i cannot see him doing, he will be under huge pressure to retain his job at the dogs as he has not delivered.

Just another statistic in the players and coaches who leave manly and never achieve the same sucess.
Funny thing is crusher hasn't seemed to be as affective recruitment wise compared to the way he was at manly in 2004-2007. Maybe we just had a once in a generation batch come thru back then.

Got results at Manly appreciate that - but hate not the fact he defected to another organisation which, like players can be viewed as business.....simply didn't like the way he left Manly, OR approached players, OR backended certain players contracts which apart from true Manly resilience & imo, a top effort from Toovey could have set us to the bottom of the NRL ladder for a decade.
Not preaching Toovey as a brilliant modern day coach but gee....when we talk loyalty & guts, Tooves basically spilled blood even as coach throwing out the life jackets to the players, fans & Manly club to keep it afloat....legend imo.
Hasler could coach - power hungry, tunnel vision but got results - but was willing to shaft the Seaeagles who created him - because he thought he was bigger than the club & his ego destroyed the super character he had built so well.

I can never forget what he did for the club on and off the field from 1984 to 2011, particularly after taking over from Sharp and shaping a glorious run for a decade.

If only it could have ended differently, at some point it would be great to see him back in some form however not sure what.

A bit like Tooves hopefully it will be forgive maybe not forget but these blokes spilled too much blood for the club to stay away forever

I can never forget what he did for the club on and off the field from 1984 to 2011, particularly after taking over from Sharp and shaping a glorious run for a decade.

If only it could have ended differently, at some point it would be great to see him back in some form however not sure what.

A bit like Tooves hopefully it will be forgive maybe not forget but these blokes spilled too much blood for the club to stay away forever

You have a long but short memory Wheelie.

The dark days of October 2011 will take a long time to heal, if ever.

He is not needed by Manly now or in the future.
Des was my school teacher back in the 80's so i was cut pretty deep when he did what he did. I looked up to him for a long time but never will again.
The king is dead.
Long live the king.

****ing great post mate.

Killed off the celebration of our GF win
Not for me, I celebrate grand final wins to the hilt, they don't happen every day even for the mighty Sea Eagles.
In hindsight it wasn't all bad that he left, he was starting to assume god-like status at Manly and that never ends well (unless you really are God) (or at least @God) :)

I was devastated in 2011 when Des did what he did but now we have a very good team and a great chance of winning again in 2016. All I care about is cheering on these Manly Sea Eagles and Friday night can't come quick enough.

Most of you know my thoughts. I'd have him back in a second. He's a legend. Having said that lets see how our rookie goes this season. You never know he may be the next legend in the making.

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4