QUEENSLAND V NSW Origin 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Brett Morris & Tony Williams in NSW team for game 3. Tony Williams picked. Glenn Stewart in squad #nrl

NSW squad for Origin Three:

Greg Bird, Todd Carney, Ben Creagh, Robbie Farah, Paul Gallen, Tim Grant, Jarryd Hayne, Michael Jennings, Luke Lewis, Trent Merrin, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Mitchell Pearce, Beau Scott, Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, James Tamou, Anthony Watmough, Tony Williams.

Tweet on twitter

#NRL Does anyone recall the crap call re Watmough's non selction for #Origin 1- he couldn't train. But Glen Stewarts been named for Origin 3

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Tweet on twitter

#NRL Does anyone recall the crap call re Watmough's non selction for #Origin 1- he couldn't train. But Glen Stewarts been named for Origin 3

The more weeks wind on, the more Watmough's omission from SOO 1 becomes more staggering.

Great to see Gift in the squad, although I just can't see him playing.

I see Aussie Ben Te'o has been called into the QLD squad. How is he eligible? Did he play a mickey mouse game in QLD before played he for the Tigers?

Mals said:
I see Aussie Ben Te'o has been called into the QLD squad. How is he eligible? Did he play a mickey mouse game in QLD before played he for the Tigers?

From memory he went from NZ to Keebra Park high and that's how the link has come about

I'll have to play the "That's in Queensland" Youtube Video again...Ben Teo, born in Auckland, played for Samoa and now Queensland.

BUT as the song says "Queenslands everywhere"

Good to see Uate getting the flick and Brett Morris replacing him.
Looks like our strongest lineup in a while. But can this team beat the Qlders at home? I sure hope so
GO THE BLUES!!!

The Morris brothers aren't that sharp. One maybe, but not both. I thought Uate was only half responsible for the gaffs on his wing, Morris should take some responsibility, as should the person responsible for picking him. Anyway besides Pearce and Carney the team should go alright. I believe Robbie is going to have a blinder in memory of his mum.

Slater in Qld squad.
According to the "speculators", he appears to be a reasonable chance of playing.
In form, I think he is the best player in the world, but part of me wants him to play. I just get the feeling he could be a bit hesitant and cautious if he does play, and that could be to our advantage.
That aside, I'm not convinced he has been in great form anyway.

Choc on Ice

Anthony Watmough added his name to New South Wales' list of walking wounded on Tuesday but dismissed concerns over his availability for next week's State of Origin decider.

Watmough joined Glenn Stewart in being a spectator for Tuesday morning's wet training run in Coogee, the rampaging Manly back rower claiming the move was more a precaution following an 80-minute stint against Sydney Roosters on Sunday.

"The body was a little bit tight from Sunday. The old body needs a couple of days rest so they just gave me till tomorrow off," Watmough said.

With the Blues being given the day off on Wednesday, Watmough will not be required to run until Thursday.

He removed any concerns that he was still feeling the effects of the neck injury which hampered his preparation for game two of the series, when he needed two cortisone injections to help alleviate the pain.

"It's been good - I wish I had done it (the cortisone injections) a bit sooner," he said.

"It's been near perfect - fingers crossed it stays that way.

"Just the knee swelled up a little bit (after Sunday's game).

"They (Blues medical officials) just said no point in running today and flaring it up - just give it another day's rest."

Watmough admitted none of the players had been told who would be in the final 17, with Stewart's recovery from a knee strain to play a large role in determining who gets cut.

Stewart, who strained his medial ligament just over a week ago, is expected to attempt to run on either Thursday or Friday.

AAP abc.net.au

No Suncorp ambush this time: Choc

FORGET about fairytale finishes for Petero Civoniceva. NSW backrower Anthony Watmough has vowed the Blues won't be ambushed again when they line up against the Maroons in the State of Origin decider at Suncorp Stadium next week.

It is a case of deja vu for the Blues as it was only last year that they headed to Brisbane with the series on the line and quickly fell victim to a Maroons team pumped up to send retiring captain Darren Lockyer out a winner.

This year the series is also on the line and Queensland has no shortage of motivation to extend its winning streak past six seasons with veteran prop Civoniceva playing his final game in a Maroons jumper. "They've had a couple of good things they can use as motivations for the last couple of years," Watmough said yesterday.

"We took a lot out of Lockyer's farewell last year. It was a big occasion and we thought we were ready for it but we weren't.
The most influential people in Sport

"We know what to expect now. We can go up there with all that hatred against us and try and use it to our advantage."

The Blues suffered most of the damage in the opening 20 minutes of last year's decider where Queensland ran riot to establish a 24-0 lead. Although the Blues rallied to make a game of it, the damage was done and the Maroons went on to win the match and a sixth straight series.

Blues enforcer Greg Bird said they can't afford to make the same mistakes again. "If you're not up to it, they're going to blow you off the paddock," Bird said. "That's what they did to us. We weren't ready and although we felt our preparation was sound, something was found lacking.

"I'm sure Ricky (coach Ricky Stuart) will identify that and make sure it doesn't happen again.

"It cut pretty deep but hopefully that experience on the field and the experience in the sheds after the game ... comes out in our players in a positive reaction."

Watmough failed to train with the rest of the team at Coogee Oval yesterday but put it down to knee soreness following Manly's win against the Sydney Roosters on Sunday, and said he was in no danger of missing the decider.

The Blues biggest concern is over Manly backrower Glenn Stewart, who came into camp with a knee injury he suffered in the club's loss to Melbourne just over a week ago.

Stuart has said he could wait until the last minute to finalise the team but it is believed it will become clearer by the end of the week with those players not selected expected to return and play for their NRL clubs. "I don't know if I'm even in the team yet," Watmough said. "He's named a squad and said he'd wait pretty much until the end of the week to name the (team)."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/no-suncorp-ambush-this-time-anthony-watmough/story-fnca0von-1226409504899

Stuart Honeysett The Australian

http://www.nrl.com/foran-to-captain-nsw-residents-side/tabid/10874/newsid/68223/default.aspx

Liam is the captain of the NSW Cup SOO side :huh:

But congratulations to him and Oldie in their selection.:angel:

My only interest in origin is our players getting through without injury, happy for them being selected though but it will be tough to beat those Queensland Squeezers at Toad Park.

HappilyManly said:
http://www.nrl.com/foran-to-captain-nsw-residents-side/tabid/10874/newsid/68223/default.aspx

Liam is the captain of the NSW Cup SOO side :huh:

But congratulations to him and Oldie in their selection.:angel:

Residential - so overseas players can play.

Josh Mantelanto is an Italian rep as well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6