Queensland floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The fam and i are back in Sydney. We were due to come down this weekend but i decided to come down early. Looks like a sound decisions as our place, whilst not wet, has had not power for 20 odd hours now (according to neighbours etc)

Would have been fine if it was just the misses and I but not worth it with the young fella

This is only the start of the wet season.  There's more to come and the authorities know it, hence the mad (and currently futile) scramble to empty Wivenhoe and Somerset. 

The army is mobilising to help with the clean up effort. unsure of the numbers in total but would guess it would be whatever than can accomodate at ennogerra, probably 1-2K

The mayor up there is calling for volunteers this weekend to come out and help clean up the CBD. 

Some places here in VIC have had over 200mm last night too. 

Crazy weather right now. 

The Gronk link said:
The mayor up there is calling for volunteers this weekend to come out and help clean up the CBD. 

Some places here in VIC have had over 200mm last night too. 

Crazy weather right now. 

Typical Victoria, always trying to get in on the act

I wonder what it would take to make the Yarra flood.  Probably about 5 years annual rainfall in a day.  We only usually get 650mm a year. 

Fluffy link said:
The army is mobilising to help with the clean up effort. unsure of the numbers in total but would guess it would be whatever than can accomodate at ennogerra, probably 1-2K
+ Amberley.  They'll send them west out to the Lockyer Valley.

There's a couple of fundraiser gigs at the Annandale Hotel next Thursday & Friday nights (20th & 21st) from 7pm.
It's on Parramatta road in Annandale (in case you didn't guess).

Entry is $10.00 with all gate takings going to the releif fund.

My band "Tom Stone & the soldiers of fortune" is playing on the Thursday night, if anyone wants to come down & tell me off in person for being such a wa**er. As long as you pay your way in, it's cool.

Duff link said:
if anyone wants to come down & tell me off in person for being such a wa**er. As long as you pay your way in, it's cool.

I can do that any weekend for free ;-)

But it might be a change to pay for the opportunity.

The Gronk link said:
I wonder what it would take to make the Yarra flood.  Probably about 5 years annual rainfall in a day.  We only usually get 650mm a year. 

not as much as I thought, the Yarra just burst its banks
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/yarra-bursts-banks-as-floods-hit-melbourne-20110114-19qks.html

Brookie4eva link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186236.msg311709#msg311709 date=1294971344]
if anyone wants to come down & tell me off in person for being such a wa**er. As long as you pay your way in, it's cool.

I can do that any weekend for free ;-)

But it might be a change to pay for the opportunity.
[/quote]

$20.00 for you.

you couldnt call him that,  c*nts are useful.

ill see about thursday, will have to ask the boss

Duff link said:
There's a couple of fundraiser gigs at the Annandale Hotel next Thursday & Friday nights (20th & 21st) from 7pm.
It's on Parramatta road in Annandale (in case you didn't guess).

My band \"Tom Stone & the soldiers of fortune\" is playing on the Thursday night, if anyone wants to come down & tell me off in person for being such a wa**er. As long as you pay your way in, it's cool.

Nice sound you guys have and well done for supporting the flood victims. Well worth $10!

Duff link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186236.msg311709#msg311709 date=1294971344]

My band \"Tom Stone & the soldiers of fortune\" is playing on the Thursday night, if anyone wants to come down & tell me off in person for being such a wa**er. As long as you pay your way in, it's cool.

A couple of spell issues missed by Fro.  Relief, not releif.  And presumably it should be Tom Stoned if we're talking about Duff?

I spent a few hours yesterday arvo in one of our city stores helping. They have given almost 600 hundred pizzas out at RNA evacuation point since Wednesday.

The franchisee was telling me that since she started doing it Wednesday she recieved calls from all our major suppliers offering to replace the stock she has used no charge. It's amAzing how everyone is pitching in to help

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=186236.msg311709#msg311709 date=1294971344][quote author=Duff link=topic=186236.msg311709#msg311709 date=1294971344]

A couple of spell issues missed by Fro.  Relief, not releif.  And presumably it should be Tom Stoned if we're talking about Duff?
[/quote]

I'm still on holidays Matas

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4