Q & A-Important please read below

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Q & A-Important please read below

Dan link said:
It probably isn't set up yet.

By the way, this is an outstanding step and idea. Members should be very very very happy and thankful that Lowe is reaching out to them like this. Not many CEO's would.  Of course some of the questions will be filtered, but this is still a good thing

Correct on all counts Dan, and all the "Lowe Knockers" should take a step back now, although I imagine we might have to wait and see if he answers any hard questions before he gets the seal of approval.

Other than matters financial (privately owned club) and who they are buying (as in specifics) if I was CEO I'd answer anything

After sending a "test" e-mail I can confirm that the e-mail address listed above now appears to be working, so members now is your opportunity to fire off a question...and remember it has been promised that this is not just a one off, you you have nadda to lose.

Hey Vid,

I am thinking it should be marketed too all non members as a hook to join......it shows the potential value of being a member (tangible benefits)

lsz link said:
Hey Vid,

I am thinking it should be marketed too all non members as a hook to join......it shows the potential value of being a member (tangible benefits)
very true lsz
but vidmar wont agree because it doesn't help his Football Club agenda
does it

lsz link said:
Hey Vid,

Hey Isz, fully agree so as mentioned hopefully the initial ones will be a success and we can continue to see it offered as a benefit to members next season.
I remember a few years ago (I'm guessing around 2006?) there was a members benefit where Des, Dennis Moore and Donnie Singe held a session at the Leagues club and gave an overview of training and preparation routines etc for the team.
It was really interesting and they were very open to all sorts of questions and to discuss the difficulties that vagaries of different prep times/schedules dependant upon what day/night a game was played (it was quite an eye opener)
Sadly there were only about 40-50 people turned up but I'd imagine if they did it again then we could expect more to turn up so I'd be keen to see these sorts of things happen.

"I remember a few years ago (I'm guessing around 2006?) there was a members benefit where Des, Dennis Moore and Donnie Singe held a session at the Leagues club and gave an overview of training and preparation routines etc for the team"

In light of the current disquiet in the membership, wouldn't that go down a treat.

I hope the option to e-mail the CEO with questions doesn't fall over as well, would be sad to see it offered and not taken up...I am sure it will be taken up this week, but I was more concerned with say another 4 weeks time...apathy is the greatest killer of good ideas

How it is taken up in 4 weeks time will depend on how he answers this week's questions. Setting up the 'askLowie' feature looks like a significant move by him. I'm sure many of us will be watching developments with interest...

Mark from Brisbane link said:
\"I remember a few years ago (I'm guessing around 2006?) there was a members benefit where Des, Dennis Moore and Donnie Singe held a session at the Leagues club and gave an overview of training and preparation routines etc for the team\"

In light of the current disquiet in the membership, wouldn't that go down a treat.

I hope the option to e-mail the CEO with questions doesn't fall over as well, would be sad to see it offered and not taken up...I am sure it will be taken up this week, but I was more concerned with say another 4 weeks time...apathy is the greatest killer of good ideas

I was at that session and it was bloody fantastic (part of the then "Supporters Club" prior to Screaming Eagles etc) - it was the same night that Matt Orford had agreed to terms, Des was late because he had come from the airport after meeting Matt.

Wheel, we have part 1 under way (ask lowie)....and I have already suggested a similar thing with Des would be great, it will be harder to get them to agree with that BUT as it's been shown before..... it's not impossible.

I do think they are starting to see that they need to do more, and I am not saying that just to make people feel better, but I think the penny might be dropping a little.....well I hope it is!

Should be part of gold membership package IMO

Actually I think you are right Wheel, they should give Gold members some thing that you can't get in any other type of membership, so something like that would be a huge boost.

why become a gold member when you can pass your questions on to vid & he can get the same access any way.. the only thing a gold member should get that others dont, is that yrs current jersey with their membership, thats more of a reward,or a training shirt  or polo shirt

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=184193.msg277410#msg277410 date=1279778959]
Should be part of gold membership package IMO
Wheel became elitist when he scored free tickets to the Jane Try. :p
[/quote]

Nah MB...it's after he and the training wheels were lauded as the "face of Manly family" in the Manly Daily...we of course knew him when he had nothing....

jjai link said:
why become a gold member when you can pass your questions on to vid & he can get the same access any way.. the only thing a gold member should get that others dont, is that yrs current jersey with their membership, thats more of a reward,or a training shirt  or polo shirt

From memory Souths season member's (full 12 games) get a fully signed and framed jersey and go into a draw to have a bbq with the players. Maybe that's something the club could look at 

XX Deleted link said:
can someone please ask why Grant Goldman was shafted?
How about you become a member and ask this for yourself?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7