Putting an end to the discussion and debate on board room issues. Please Read

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
After the tumultuous last few weeks and constant debates from either side of the fence regarding the board room debates, it is time for us as a group on Silvertails to move on from the subject matter.

From the very start I said I would be doing my best to not take sides in the debate, as there exists an obvious conflict of interest with me being the owner of this site. I have always tried to stay out of the debate side of things and to leave that to the people involved.

Now I think we have reached a point where no more good can come of further debate. It seems that many from both sides of the arguments have traversed beyond debate and each post now seems to quickly denigrate into insults and personal attacks on other posters, and persons of interest who have no right of reply. No good can come of that and to be honest it is unbecoming of a supposedly civilised supporter group.

If you want answers and want to see changes at the board level, that is fine and you are entitled to that opinion, right or wrong. There is a path available for you to pursue that, and that comes in the form of the AGM and voting, or calling for an EGM. I ask that each side, pursue those avenues for continued debate on the subject.

We will continue to post articles from the media as per normal, no matter which side it supports, and you are free to discuss the content of the articles maturely and sensibly. Enough of the personal stuff and enough of the carry on.

We obviously DO NOT and CANNOT monitor every single post, however when we do see ones that we think cross the line, or if any are reported to us we will assess and remove these posts if required.

This is also a good time to ask everyone to review our Terms and Conditions of Use of Silvertails.net found at http://www.silvertails.net/articles/site-information/5144-terms-of-use
It is especially important to note that you are solely and completely liable for anything you post and your use of the site confirms your agreement to this.

Finally we won a Grand Final just a few short weeks ago, it was a massive effort and there have been plenty of positive stories since, including the re-signing of several players. There are plenty of other things we can talk about, so can we give it a go for a few days

Dan

Well said, and exactly what we need to do...it's been dissapointing (to say the least) that after such a magnificent result that we haven't spent the last few weeks slapping ourseleves on the back (or kicking ourseleves up our own backsides for not having faith).

We have lots of great stuff to talk about, and at the end of the day we are ALL Manly supporters and so why we fight and abuse each other on here is somewhat beyond me.

World Club Challenge is next (well maybe there's a little thing called Christmas and Cricket in the middle).

Understood Dan.

I would also like to make an apology for a comment I made about Melinda Gainsford-Taylor this morning in a now deleted thread. I'm sure she has worked hard for the club within the context of her operating and informational paradigms.

As many have suggested, my thoughts on current Board issues are well known and canvassed. No need to bore anyone with them anymore. So Matabele signing off on that issue. *cue to cheers of relief*.

Hey Dan

Understand completely. It is a shame things degenerated before there was any clarity over a number of issues.

One can only hope the club will conduct some form of independent review which will answer the various questions raised here and in other areas

lsz said:
Hey Dan

Understand completely. It is a shame things degenerated before there was any clarity over a number of issues.

One can only hope the club will conduct some form of independent review which will answer the various questions raised here and in other areas

I encourage anyone with questions to attend the the AGM, that is the best way to get your answers, or to engage one of the board members directly

Good move. Better off moving on because things were getting ridiculous, don't want to get to the point of legal threats from some of the parties involved, which no one here would want, least of all you Dan.

Legal threats? Sure it has been heated but, apart from obvious baiting (Jolores etc) I would not think anything has been that bad??

Actually sorry for putting a tin foil hat (feel free to call me a hypocrite for all the times i have rallied against the conspiracy folk) but...

First this thread is brought up and then Mata's apologizes (which comes around as often as Parra winning a comp.....)

If i were a more cynical person i would think that someone has complained or worse threatened? I would hope that is not the case.

Hear Hear everyone. As intriguing as it all was for a relative newcomer like me it's time to get get back to footy. We've got a back to back title shot to discuss and prepare for.

DSM5 said:
I found it interesting that after 'Fro' had closed the thread on 'Vidmar', Matabele was free to add one last comment. Seems that some are more equal than others. Good to see that thread closed and gone.

DSM5 - When threads are closed, Mods still get the rights to add things. The Quick Reply box at the bottom still appears by default and it is easy to add another post without knowing that the post has been closed by someone else.

That may or may not have been what happened, but I have made that error before. We have a good bunch of Mods, most of who are very proactive in their roles but occasionally the left hand acts without the knowledge of the right.

Good that we are back on the footy. Hopefully things settle down.

The positive is that management and some board members read this forum. Hope that means they have seen how bitterley dissapointed the fan base are with
- losing an amazing Head Coach
- the board room bickering and poltical game playing (now almost 3 years in duration.)

And as a result will do something to Fix the problem rather than just providing bandaid solutions, PR exercises and grand standing so this fantastical club can be the Benchmark in the NRL both on field and off field.

Well the solution is for independent people to be on the board to end the friction and innuendo.....

Come Bob Reilly for the good of the club step down from the MWSE board put another independant person up as the footy club rep.

The Wheel said:
Well the solution is for independent people to be on the board to end the friction and innuendo.....

Come Bob Reilly for the good of the club step down from the MWSE board put another independant person up as the footy club rep.

Didn't you read the title of the thread?

bob dylan said:
DSM5 said:
I found it interesting that after 'Fro' had closed the thread on 'Vidmar', Matabele was free to add one last comment. Seems that some are more equal than others. Good to see that thread closed and gone.

That was a real show of class, and yes some are more equal than others here, its just the way it is.

DSM5 posted in it as well, several times. Seems he wanted to have the last word. The master Mr Pot.

lsz said:
Legal threats? Sure it has been heated but, apart from obvious baiting (Jolores etc) I would not think anything has been that bad??

Actually sorry for putting a tin foil hat (feel free to call me a hypocrite for all the times i have rallied against the conspiracy folk) but...

First this thread is brought up and then Mata's apologizes (which comes around as often as Parra winning a comp.....)

If i were a more cynical person i would think that someone has complained or worse threatened? I would hope that is not the case.

Such speculation is at odds with the title of the thread. The FC people are good people, volunteers all, trying to do their best for the club I believe.

bob dylan said:
DSM5 said:

That was a real show of class, and yes some are more equal than others here, its just the way it is.

wrong Bob, as soon as i saw there were posts in a locked thread I deleted the whole thing.

I dont sit on here 24/7 so it may have been a while after it happened.

there were posts from both of them, and whether it was "accidental" or not i couldnt care less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8