Put a line through....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan link said:
A mate of mine was saying yesterday that he reckons we have a good shot at the spoon and was heading down to the TAB to have a lazy $50 on us.

I dont think we are that bad but I am happy to book a my holidays for September because be have almost no hope of making the finals.

Round 1 or not the fact is our roster is one of the weakest in the NRL depth wise.

A mate of mine hates Manly with a passion, but has put $50 on them to win the comp. As he rightly points out at $26 you would have to be stupid not too. After all they do have 9 players who were in the 08 grand final. Pity some of our own supporters don't share his same thoughts.

Manly were behind by just 6 points with 10 mins to go last week , yet one of the 12 teams you say is strong enough to make the 8 is behind 26 -0 at halftime. Care to rethink?

vidmar link said:
Dear dear me...

I've seen people admit defeat and head out the ground with 5 to 10 minutes left in a game but after the first game of the season is a bit premature innit?

Well put your money where your mouth is, and throw a couple of hungie on the Eagles this Sunday.

Exactly.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=186897.msg323972#msg323972 date=1300326513]
Dear dear me...

I've seen people admit defeat and head out the ground with 5 to 10 minutes left in a game but after the first game of the season is a bit premature innit?

Well put your money where your mouth is, and throw a couple of hungie on the Eagles this Sunday.

Exactly.
[/quote]

I've done better. I put a couple of hundy on them to win the comp. Pick up a cool $5200 when they do.

MPC link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186897.msg324687#msg324687 date=1300522441]
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=186897.msg323972#msg323972 date=1300326513]
Dear dear me...

Exactly.
[/quote]

I've done better. I put a couple of hundy on them to win the comp. Pick up a cool $5200 when they do.
[/quote]

Dude, with a full team, that's a good bet. The problem is injuries, lack of depth, and suspension unfortunately.

Shane link said:
So Ryan you concede round 1 isnt the seasons story?

If we were healthy, had a good front office, weren't suspended so frequently, and had positives coming from round one, no, not so worry some.

2011 Sea Eagles are a different kettle of fish.

No recruitment. No sponsorship. No form to speak of. So you know, we have not won a first grade game in our last 5 starts....and the results in all of those look bad, really bad.

We went 2-0 throughout the pre season however,0-1 from 1 start in the season so far,most likely 0-2 after 2morro but aslong as the maroon and white still lives theres every chance of the season being a good season

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186897.msg324752#msg324752 date=1300530882]

If we were healthy, had a good front office, weren't suspended so frequently, and had positives coming from round one, no, not so worry some.

No recruitment. No sponsorship. No form to speak of. So you know, we have not won a first grade game in our last 5 starts....and the results in all of those look bad, really bad.
[/quote]

Seriously Ryan, stop banging on about no recruitment.

We bought no-one because we already had all positions covered.
The only area up for argument is the front row. To me, it looks like we're going for a different tactic this year. We're looking at more of your front row/back row offloady, mobile types. It might work, it might not.

Buying for the sake of buying to keep up appearances for the more shallow fan is not something I'd like to see the club go for.

Buying players is only ever a second option. If you have players coming through, you're better off using them.

If the club was run perfectly, you'd never have to buy any 1st grader. That means that the clubs who buy players are the ones who are admitting they failed in their planning. Why pay overs for a mercinary when you have your own already there?

Duff link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186897.msg324756#msg324756 date=1300531319]
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186897.msg324752#msg324752 date=1300530882]

[/quote]

Seriously Ryan, stop banging on about no recruitment.

We bought no-one because we already had all positions covered.
The only area up for argument is the front row. To me, it looks like we're going for a different tactic this year. We're looking at more of your front row/back row offloady, mobile types. It might work, it might not.

Buying for the sake of buying to keep up appearances for the more shallow fan is not something I'd like to see the club go for.

Buying players is only ever a second option. If you have players coming through, you're better off using them.

If the club was run perfectly, you'd never have to buy any 1st grader. That means that the clubs who buy players are the ones who are admitting they failed in their planning. Why pay overs for a mercinary when you have your own already there?
[/quote]

Well said Duff

mickqld link said:
I'd have to say at this stage 4 teams have little hope of making the finals and genuinely look off the pace.

16th Cronulla
15th Penrith
14th Broncos
13th Manly

The other 12 look like they have strong enough squads that can make the 8. It's going to be very tight as to who makes it but unfortunately for those 4 teams start planning for next season.

LOL....early leader for most idiotic post of the year. Just need Cronulla to win tomorrow to confirm it.

Fair enough Chip and Chase I deserved that but I did tip an upset for today just ask Ryan. Go The SHARKIES.

Chip & Chase link said:
4 from 4. Gold !!!

Yeah thanks CC. Lets just call it the goose call of the season. No more predictions from me for ****sake. Wish i had of taken Broncos into Penrith into Manly into Sharks imagine what 50 on that would of payed.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2