Purple KNOBS v Manly Waringah Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just read Perry's comment and thought exactly the same thing Mata. If my wife sees that she'll go off her head! Part of our problem over the last month is that the players seem to think that making the finals is a given and then they can time their run of form.There seems to be too much focus on the outcome and not enough on the process.  It's quite possible that 29 pts will be 8th spot so two wins are required.

I agree.  Good to see Big Ted backing himself.  I thought he went OK against the Rorters.

[img=400x344]http://msp111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/xxsammieteexx/pimple.jpg[/img]

Melbourne Storms Team Photo

Zep link said:
[img=400x344]http://msp111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/xxsammieteexx/pimple.jpg[/img]

Melbourne Storms Team Photo

That would be very OWWW if it is a true unedited picture

Wow it is amazing what you find on the internet, some freak! posted the video of each storms player birth, quite amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NzVnFUFUSs&videos=IletwEjFwIg&playnext_from=TL&playnext=1

If we can't beat those clowns down there we could well be playing them in the 4v5 semi which is not ideal. and even if we do it might be the same; so v.important to come away with a viable pathway through them for the next time. If stewart can play I hope he does as I agree it's a crunch game for the season (yet another one, but probably the last real one for setting up a finals campaign that is not a long shot).

Looks like a massive boil - makes me queasy every time I look at it.....

A bit like the MElb Storm hehehehe

Matabele link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=181382.msg237376#msg237376 date=1250631556]

\"We are right in the thick of it, despite everything that has gone on this year,\" Perry said. \"We'll still finish fifth or sixth.
  Gee this statement worries me.  There is a lot of work to do just to qualify for the finals - we must beat one of Storm or titans, preferably both to be sure.  Perry seems to think it is a fait accompli.

Unless he's been talking to Dan.
[/quote]  Add to the disturbing list Choc's comment on NRL on Fox tonight.  "We haven't many 2nd chances left".  I'd suggest there are no second chance and I don't like the psychology that he's thinking of resting on one anyway. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181382.msg237380#msg237380 date=1250634715]
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=181382.msg237376#msg237376 date=1250631556]

\"We are right in the thick of it, despite everything that has gone on this year,\" Perry said. \"We'll still finish fifth or sixth.
  Gee this statement worries me.  There is a lot of work to do just to qualify for the finals - we must beat one of Storm or titans, preferably both to be sure.  Perry seems to think it is a fait accompli.

Unless he's been talking to Dan.
[/quote]  Add to the disturbing list Choc's comment on NRL on Fox tonight.  "We haven't many 2nd chances left".  I'd suggest there are no second chance and I don't like the psychology that he's thinking of resting on one anyway. 
[/quote]

compare this to the article in that other thread whee matt ballin is quoted as saying they're still aiming fir top four..

IMO one if the big reasons we went all the way last year is because the whole team sat down at the start if the year a d said that they will win the comp. 2nd was never ever going to be good enough.. They set out with a target on first, and they got there. I think this team needs to sit down and get on the same page..

Yea, noticed those odds fluctuating this week..

We can win this.
At first I was thinking it's gonna be tough for me to tip my Sea Eagles this weekend, but looking closer at it I am more confident.

Looking at the players across the park, of course with the Storm's troubles etc., our Manly boys can break thier hoodoo of the "graveyard" and continue making a strong statement as the finals loom.

We really need Wolfman, Orford & Matty Ballin to set the stage in the first 30 mins with some great solid plays, runs, kicks - and then most of the other forwards & backs will fall into place / fire as well.

We know Matai & Lyon will be keen to slot in and run some good hard plays, but I think importantly Foran should be looking at this opportunity and prepare himself to weave some of his flair and surprises to help keep the likes of Slater & Cronk on the wrong foot more often than they'd like.

Come on Manly!!

Punters bet on Stewart to play

* By Dean Ritchie
    * August 20, 2009 6:53PM

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/punters-bet-on-stewart-to-play/story-e6frexnr-1225764492230

PUNTERS yesterday outlayed more than $50,000 on Manly to beat Melbourne this weekend - because they think Brett Stewart will play.

Stewart will fly to Melbourne with the Sea Eagles for Sunday's grand final replay but club officials are adamant the former Test fullback will not make his much-anticipated return. Manly claim Stewart is likely to return the following weekend for the Brookvale match against Cronulla.

But punters are sceptical about Manly's claim Stewart won't play."They are assuming Brett Stewart is playing,'' said TAB Sportsbet spokesman Glenn Munsie.

"We are also wary given the amount of money Manly is attracting. They was no money for them then suddenly the punters are flocking to them. We are thinking: `What's going on here'. I don't think he will play. I think he will return for the club's next home match.

"But I think the punters have convinced themselves Stewart will run out on Sunday.''

Should Manly start Sunday's match as favourites, it would be the first time since round 24, 2004, that Melbourne will start a home match as outsiders. Manly was $2.10 outsiders but are equal favourites at $1.90.

"Brett won't be playing,'' said senior Manly official Peter Peters. "He will be going to Melbourne to meet with sponsors.''

i don't believe he'll play, but I think we'll win if they all read what ssar has posted.  Go the Eels tonight, Souths tomorrow, Sharks, Cows and the Dragqueens.  

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4