Punch now a professional foul

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gallens moral high ground here is a bit hard to take. Who died and made him the arbiter of what is acceptable foul play and what isn't ? He was as grubby as Nate Myles was earlier in his career, probably worse actually.

I don't have a problem with this rule to be honest. They don't use the sin bin anywhere near enough these days, it's like the refs are afraid of it. If you are willing to trade off 10 minutes of playing time in exchange for clocking someone on the chin, then fine.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Chip and Chase said:
Gallens moral high ground here is a bit hard to take. Who died and made him the arbiter of what is acceptable foul play and what isn't ? He was as grubby as Nate Myles was earlier in his career, probably worse actually.

I don't have a problem with this rule to be honest. They don't use the sin bin anywhere near enough these days, it's like the refs are afraid of it. If you are willing to trade off 10 minutes of playing time in exchange for clocking someone on the chin, then fine.

Stop thinking of the women and children!

This'll put some hair back onto your chests (sorry ladies)

http://www.hockeyfights.com/

Just to remind you all how a real game is played.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
You kidding GE? Campbell v Jamal looks more like dancing!

That maybe so to your untrained goofy eyes :p but it's still more of a fight than 13 on 13 'dancing' without punching and standing on ground and not the ice.

So someone does start throwing punches - what do you do?

a) Retaliate and get sin binned or

b) Not defend yourself and cop a flogging or

c) Do a Ben Creagh and never be able to live it down for the rest of your life.

Stupid rule that was obviously not thought through. This will come back to bite them.

from nrl.com reference centre

The minimum number of players per team allowed on the
field in a match is 9. Should less than 9 players - currently
participating in the match then, for safety reasons, the match
shall be terminated. Current participants are players on the
field and players who have been temporarily suspended (sin
bin or blood bin). Dismissed players are not deemed as
current participants.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
from nrl.com reference centre

The minimum number of players per team allowed on the
field in a match is 9. Should less than 9 players - currently
participating in the match then, for safety reasons, the match
shall be terminated. Current participants are players on the
field and players who have been temporarily suspended (sin
bin or blood bin). Dismissed players are not deemed as
current participants.

So wat happens in a match when an all fight breaks out all 26 players throw punches and have to be binned?
They fast forward the game clock 10 mins
Both sides are forced to make interchanges and we get 10 minutes of 4 on 4
Or
The the incompetent buffoons in pink stand out in the field for 10 minutes blowing there whistles in harmony.

I wanna see this happen

The worlds gone mad I tell youse :p

The real concern is a Team that is down by 30 instigating a fight and stripping the Winning Team of Players.

The Fans at the ground will demand their money back, like Concerts that do not fullfill their obligations.

10 minutes is too long in the increased 10 meter rule.

I was at Canberra in the 90s when we won with 11 :angel:
2v was sent for backchat :p So Foz should cheer up :)

Hypothetical -
Player A punches Player B and Player B punches back.
So under the new rule both would be put in the bin for 10 (which I can accept) and put on report(now here's where it could get messy).

Wouldn't Player B lawyer up and fight it under self defence at the judicary?

It's carte blanche for the nigglers. In fact it encourages them. Ennis could become the most valuable player in the game under this new edict.

I've heard there will be an exemption to this rule but only on the first day of each month and only if the punchee is pinched first by the puncher.

I wonder if a karate kick or chop is still ok.

If you are a part of the NRL nation they have released a poll about this. I don't know when the poll started but I only got the email about 15 minutes ago.

So far there are 125 responses
38% agree with it
48% disagree with it
14% unsure (stupid option, you either agree or not)

If you are a part of the NRL Nation, please jump in and vote on this stupid rule. Hopefully it keeps trending the way it is and more than 50% end up disagreeing with it, that would then justify the NRL turning tail on this rule

Its now trending over 51% against it now

This rule is just an absolute joke. Why does the NRL keep changing rules, plus changing rules mid season??

I just don't know why we are sanitizing the game so much?

First the shoulder charge rule, which to me is now making a mockery of the game. Who remembers the game when we played the Titans (I think it was the Titans), Brenton Lawrence ran into a Titans player (who braced himself whilst backtracking) and Lawrence dropped the ball....shoulder charge!!! Dear god.

And as for the punching I don't mind that someone goes to the bin, but I think it's far too black and white.

This year in particular the NRL has knee jerk reacted to little Johnny and his mum without thinking about the ramifications.

Well the poll over night got to 1000 votes which is considered a proper sample size. The results so far at 1000 users

For the rule change - 37%
Against the Rule change - 53%
Undecided - 10%

That is pretty telling, to have a poll and get a clear majority against the rule change and a difference of 160 people, of fans of the game who actually love and watch it. A poll run officially by the NRL. I doubt they will do anything with those results but to me that would be enough to sit up and take notice that the majority do not like it

Dan said:
A poll run officially by the NRL. I doubt they will do anything with those results but to me that would be enough to sit up and take notice that the majority do not like it

Can't do anything about it because they can't change the rules mid way through the season................................ Isn't that the usual answer when they mean 'it makes sense, we stuffed up, but we are going to choose to ignore it'

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
SeaEagleRock8 said:
It's carte blanche for the nigglers. In fact it encourages them. Ennis could become the most valuable player in the game under this new edict.

Players now have to make the choice of throwing a punch or doing the best for the team.

I know some players aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but seriously, is that really very complex?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4