• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Starting to type this as fulltime looms, Thurston, you are a F**kwit and should have been sent off, acting like a child. Suck on that one little man, and look forward to seeing T Rex throw you round again sometime soon

Cross, you idiot !! But we held on

Am so proud of EVERY bloke out their representing Manly tonight, it ranks up there with our 08 win at Parramatta stadium. Full of guts, courage and determination from a group of players of which many were young and inexperience in their roles. Cowboys threw away a lot of tries, but don't overlook the effort our blokes made to get there and be in a position to contribute to their cock ups. Not 1 of those blokes deserves any S**t put on them on here this week.

Kite and King were absolutely outstanding and led from the front, and I can't say enough about Glenn Stewart's efforts out there tonight. Seu Seu looked aggressive when he came on which I enjoyed.

Tony Williams with another huge hit near the end. While mentioning T Rex, 1 part of his play tonight impressed me and I want to give it a mention. 18th min, coming off our own line, Tony is 1 out and flicks a ball outside near the line, opposition wouldn't expect that. Next play he gets into dummy half, Cowboys would have been thinking he would scoot, he didn't, then next play he took a hitup at full noise and from those plays we made 30m, some smart stuff.

Whare, great debut, couldn't expect 3 tries on debut, even though anyone could have scored them it will boost the confidence. Most impressive part for me was his set up for Robbo, great work. Was caught out defensively but that is expected from a young centre. hodkinson's kicking game the final 10min impressed me too, he took the correct option most times

I better not read garbage about the refs getting us home this week either !! I am still not convinced Ah Mau didn't have a boot on the line

What a win, bloody proud. We will desperately need Foran next week

* Edited for Flips benefit ;)

I'll go along with you in most respects Kiwi with the players we had out It was a fantastic win, reading some of the posts you would think we lost by 30.

Could you put that forth paragraph into more paragraphs please?

Agreed on kite. has to get origin 2 birth.

edited by Dan

Kite was outstanding im so glad we are keeping him and not Perry.

Gutsy win - no Foran, Matai, Lyon (for the most of the game) already along with Stewart and Wolfman out..
Ballin and Choc would have been buggered and Des wasn't planning on using Rose or Seu Seu for too long.

Farrah still can't catch, as a team we couldn't do the basics when the pressure was on when Lyon went off.

They need to harden the f-k up when the going gets tough.

I agree Thurston swearing and carrying on like a tantrum throwing 5 yr old (in front of the ref) should have seen him sent off.

Thurston is allowed to swear at officials and throw tantrums because it is not out of disrespect, in his case it is only due to him being so competitive. (The difference can be hard to spot with the naked eye)

We've got a lot of desire this year but I really thought we were lucky to win the game tonight. I only saw the second half so I only saw us struggling after Lyon went off and the Cowboys bombed a thousand tries but no-one put up the white flag.
Tony Williams is a lot more than a big unit. He's got a lot of skill and is a very smart footballer. People bag him for not running flat out all the time but I couldn't be happier with how he's going, stil a little iffy defensively but that will come.

Good win given the injuries we have at the moment.

I just thought we were lucky coming up against a ****e team like the cowgirls.  Any team with some ability last night would have mopped us up.

But it is good to get all the injuries out of the way (hopefully) before the business end of the season.

Overall well done but was happy to hear the siren and glad we didn't need to go into golden point (thanks to Thurston for missing those two goals)  as the cowpats were starting to finish all over us.

eagle-rock08 link said:
Good win given the injuries we have at the moment.

I just thought we were lucky coming up against a S**te team like the cowgirls.  Any team with some ability last night would have mopped us up.

But it is good to get all the injuries out of the way (hopefully) before the business end of the season.

Overall well done but was happy to hear the siren and glad we didn't need to go into golden point (thanks to Thurston for missing those two goals)  as the cowpats were starting to finish all over us.

maybe we would have been mopped up  ,  what i know is our team plays to the opposition.. if they are in the top 4 or above us we seem to aim up more than say if we play cronulla ..  we only let saints score 6points against us but we let cowboys put 20 0n us ..its the way they prepare mentally for each team some they take more lightly than others.. its good to just get away with 2points from  their ground..we got a few more games like that coming up in easts &  raiders

And please give credit to the 50 odd MWTS who travelled up to Townsville and cheered and chanted all night, my voice is now only just geting back to normal...the players said to us after the game that they could hear us and knew a bunch of us had travelled up and we really helped motivate them.

It was (regardless of the second half issue) a gutsy performance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6