Proposed Team for Round 19 Vs Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Yes, Manly have played better footy over the past two weeks. I just think that we might be getting ahead of ourselves thinking we have turned the corner. Manly have always had the talent to beat any team in the comp in my opinion. The main problem has been with consistency.

That why I think Rd 19 against the Kiwis will be important. Yes the Cowboys are a cracker of a team and the boys were close to a win, but the Dragons were a joke and Newcastle would have beat them on Monday night. The club needs to string together some wins and that starts with the Kiwis.

So who should be the starting 17? This is my opinion:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Brayden Wiliame (pending suspension)
4. Dylan Walker
5. Matthew Wright
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell (if injuried still - Apisai Koroisau)
10. Martin Taupau
11. Nathan Green
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Josh Starling
16. Addin Founa-Blake
17. Liam Knight (if not fit - Nate Myles or Siosaia Vave)

If Snake is healthy, I have a feeling he will slot into the 1. I don't think he deserves the spot based of form but he will likely get the nod anyway. If that happens, Tom to Centre Williame to Wing and drop Wright.

I am not a big fan of Myles and would rather give Starling a run over him, again based on form. That will likely not occur and Myles will slot into the starting lineup again and do nothing.

Sadly, if Parcell is healthy it wouldn't surprise me if Barret tried to go back to his failed two hooker policy with Api on the bench. If he rolled out a bench of Brown, Api, Foauna-Blake and Myles we will get steamrolled by the Kiwis! Hopefully this doesn't happen.

As a previous post stated, Rd 19 is going to be a round of big decisions for Barrett that will either be him taking ownership of the team or his demise.

1: B Stewart (sadly)
2: J Taufua
3: T Trbojevic
4: D Walker
5: M Wright
6: J Lyon
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: D Lussick
9: A Koroisau
10: N Myles
11: M Taupau
12: J Buhrer
13: J Trbojevic (vc)

14: M Parcell
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: L Knight
17: S Vave

For the love of god, please don't play 2 hookers against the giant Kiwi pack. Round 1 tells us what will happen.

BTW, I'm not religious........unless you count Kalathumpian.

My attempt:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Brayden Wiliame
4. Dylan Walker
5. Matthew Wright
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Nathan Green
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Sioaia Vave
16. Addin Founa-Blake
17. Josh Starling

Assuming Parcell, Knight, Myles injured as per Elastoplast update.

Why would you play too hookers. There is so much evidence that shows this as a flawed gameplan. Parcell has proven to be the better option so at least have him starting!

I know that it sucks for Api because he has been in good form, but we need the additional forward on the bench. If you want a utility then it will be Brown in my opinion.

Why would you play too hookers. There is so much evidence that shows this as a flawed gameplan. Parcell has proven to be the better option so at least have him starting!

I know that it sucks for Api because he has been in good form, but we need the additional forward on the bench. If you want a utility then it will be Brown in my opinion.
parcell has to earn his spot he has offered nothing in attack so far so let's see him do something before he gets back in. Api is by far a better option.

Pretty sure Knight has a season ending injury

He has been named as starting prop in the NSW Cup team to take on Wentworthville this weekend. Could be smoke and mirrors but hopefully he is fit and ready to go for next weekend.

parcell has to earn his spot he has offered nothing in attack so far so let's see him do something before he gets back in. Api is by far a better option.

I really have to disagree with you there. Parcell has been by far the better option this year. His support play has been a bright spot this year.

We obviously have very differing opinions on this one and will unlikely agree. However; regardless of who is selected to play hooker, I just hope that only one of them is selected as two hookers just doesn't work anymore.

Also, surely Myles and Snake have to earn their spots back based on that stance?

With Williame out
My team:

1. T Trbojevic
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Green
5. Wright
6. Lyon
7. Cherry-Evans
13. J Trbojevic
12. J Buhrer
11. Taupau
10. Myles
9. Parcell
8. Lussick

14. Brown
15. Starling
16. Fonua-Blake
17. Vave

18. Koroisau
19. Leary

With Williame out
My team:
12. J Buhrer
11. Taupau
10. Myles
9. Parcell
8. Lussick
14. Brown
15. Starling
16. Fonua-Blake
17. Vave
18. Koroisau
19. Leary
Is Myles the best we can do ??? :shake: Surely AFB or Vave to start>:?

Can anyone honestly see Myles having to go from Origin to playing in NSW Cup in less than a week? He'll come straight back into the 17, more than likely into the front row with Marty Taupau moving to the 2nd row and either Green or Brown covering for the suspended Wiliame in the centres.

And that last part depends if Snake plays because if he does Tom will move to centre and either Green or Brown will miss out.

However, I do think Myles should be on the bench rather than straight into the starting side.

I really have to disagree with you there. Parcell has been by far the better option this year. His support play has been a bright spot this year.

We obviously have very differing opinions on this one and will unlikely agree. However; regardless of who is selected to play hooker, I just hope that only one of them is selected as two hookers just doesn't work anymore.

Also, surely Myles and Snake have to earn their spots back based on that stance?
Look I agree with you that 2 hookers are stupid but they have to be both in the side neither deserves reggies.

The Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos and Warriors would all disagree with that. Two hookers can work, you just need to be smart about using them and sometimes you should have them both on the park at the same time.

The Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos and Warriors would all disagree with that. Two hookers can work, you just need to be smart about using them and sometimes you should have them both on the park at the same time.
Raiders is a perfect e.g. you just have to do it right

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8