Prop Signing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we need a little more fire power up front in case Kingy does not make the kind of comeback we need.
Love the strategy of the lighter faster forwards however a few times last year we came close to being monstered in some games. This where where fat Georgie used to straighten us up the middle. I think we need another big bopper.

Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
KaZa said:
we dont need any more gambles. Starling Sao Lui and Trjbojevic are enough to work with Lawrence and King. Sene Lefao can play prop too. Glenn Stewart or Horo are big enough to fill in as well if needed. We are okay. Give the Faooso money to DCE to keep him happy.

Why give more money to someone who uses the "captaincy" lure as a bargaining tool to be re-signed that kind of statement does not sound like a leader to be respected. (hope he was misquoted or i read it wrong as that comment has tosser written all over it)

No problem wanting to be captain but to use that in negotiations lacks respect for the position and comes across as him expecting the captaincy.

Foran is next in line and has earned the respect with putting his body on the line performances and his leadership with actions mentality and seems to have the players respect more so.

Yeah sure. If that is what you need to do to be a good captain, Foran better get in line behind Choc and Matai.
[/quote

Age is a factor with your chosen players considering Lyon might be around for another 2yrs on top of losing their cool too often.

I would have no problem with your choices ahead of DCE it is just that Foran has the nice mix of high intensity and calmness about him, not too laid back but does not lose his temper too often either--- more just showing his passion.

DCE doesn't lose the plot too often either. He also displays passion on the field. How do we know he asked for the captaincy?? Could it be possible that the club thinks the age factor/players here for more than the next 2 years, is a big consideration to take into account. Maybe it is the club that sees the captaincy as a great bargaining chip and came up with the offer. I'm sure the Bronco's will/did.

I'm not saying Foran would not make a great captain, but at the moment, if the captaincy was the only stumbling block to DCE staying (and lets not get ahead of ourselves, we have no idea what's going on in all honesty) I'd be more than willing to put the offer on the table. Foran may captain the Kiwi's, as Mark has stated. Rightly so, but Cherry will one day captain Queensland and Australia.

I guess I was a little put off by your original statement that accused DCE of being a leader not worthy of respect (although you did add that you hoped he was misquoted because it sounded like something a tosser would say, therefore, you think DCE is a tosser if it is true that he said it himself) I think if DCE was indeed a tosser, as implied, he would be showing Cronk no respect and declaring himself the number one half in the comp. DCE is not that bloke. He is humble and relaxed off the field, competitive and tough on it.

I bet all our roster would like to captain the club. That doesn't mean they will get the chance. I think it's more likely the club has offered it to Cherry to stay. I doubt Cherry has said if he doesn't get it he'll leave. Time will reveal all. :-/
No problem about any player wanting to captain the side or saying in the future if asked it would be something to consider but to reply...

"It's something that I've never spoken about publicly but now that you're asking - yes I would like to captain the side, and if that was offered it would help in terms of bargain power to keep me at the club," Cherry-Evans said.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-360-chat-manly-sea-eagles-star-daly-cherry-evans-admits-captaincy-could-sway-him-to-stay/story-fniabool-1226701303435

I've noticed more and more overly confident replies bordering on "too into himself" especially during negotiation time or talking about negotiations like he is representing himself lol.

Maybe there is an Australian version of Jerry Maguire in the making will keep a look out for it.

So...the bottom line is, you knew all along that he wasn't misquoted but for some reason you stated that you hoped he was. You have also "noticed more and more overly confident replies bordering on "too into himself" especially during negotiation time or talking about negotiations like he is representing himself lol".

Seems to me you just don't like DCE and think he's a tosser. Fair enough. Just say that. It's your prerogative. I guess honesty and genuine talent can be annoying to some people. Good on you for your almost straight forward honesty. You know, you could learn a thing or two from DCE in that department :p

mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Why give more money to someone who uses the "captaincy" lure as a bargaining tool to be re-signed that kind of statement does not sound like a leader to be respected. (hope he was misquoted or i read it wrong as that comment has tosser written all over it)

No problem wanting to be captain but to use that in negotiations lacks respect for the position and comes across as him expecting the captaincy.

Foran is next in line and has earned the respect with putting his body on the line performances and his leadership with actions mentality and seems to have the players respect more so.

Yeah sure. If that is what you need to do to be a good captain, Foran better get in line behind Choc and Matai.
[/quote

Age is a factor with your chosen players considering Lyon might be around for another 2yrs on top of losing their cool too often.

I would have no problem with your choices ahead of DCE it is just that Foran has the nice mix of high intensity and calmness about him, not too laid back but does not lose his temper too often either--- more just showing his passion.

DCE doesn't lose the plot too often either. He also displays passion on the field. How do we know he asked for the captaincy?? Could it be possible that the club thinks the age factor/players here for more than the next 2 years, is a big consideration to take into account. Maybe it is the club that sees the captaincy as a great bargaining chip and came up with the offer. I'm sure the Bronco's will/did.

I'm not saying Foran would not make a great captain, but at the moment, if the captaincy was the only stumbling block to DCE staying (and lets not get ahead of ourselves, we have no idea what's going on in all honesty) I'd be more than willing to put the offer on the table. Foran may captain the Kiwi's, as Mark has stated. Rightly so, but Cherry will one day captain Queensland and Australia.

I guess I was a little put off by your original statement that accused DCE of being a leader not worthy of respect (although you did add that you hoped he was misquoted because it sounded like something a tosser would say, therefore, you think DCE is a tosser if it is true that he said it himself) I think if DCE was indeed a tosser, as implied, he would be showing Cronk no respect and declaring himself the number one half in the comp. DCE is not that bloke. He is humble and relaxed off the field, competitive and tough on it.

I bet all our roster would like to captain the club. That doesn't mean they will get the chance. I think it's more likely the club has offered it to Cherry to stay. I doubt Cherry has said if he doesn't get it he'll leave. Time will reveal all. :-/
No problem about any player wanting to captain the side or saying in the future if asked it would be something to consider but to reply...

"It's something that I've never spoken about publicly but now that you're asking - yes I would like to captain the side, and if that was offered it would help in terms of bargain power to keep me at the club," Cherry-Evans said.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-360-chat-manly-sea-eagles-star-daly-cherry-evans-admits-captaincy-could-sway-him-to-stay/story-fniabool-1226701303435

I've noticed more and more overly confident replies bordering on "too into himself" especially during negotiation time or talking about negotiations like he is representing himself lol.

Maybe there is an Australian version of Jerry Maguire in the making will keep a look out for it.

So...the bottom line is, you knew all along that he wasn't misquoted but for some reason you stated that you hoped he was. You have also "noticed more and more overly confident replies bordering on "too into himself" especially during negotiation time or talking about negotiations like he is representing himself lol".

Seems to me you just don't like DCE and think he's a tosser. Fair enough. Just say that. It's your prerogative. I guess honesty and genuine talent can be annoying to some people. Good on you for your almost straight forward honesty. You know, you could learn a thing or two from DCE in that department :p

No i recall reading the comment a while ago last year and since it was so long wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that i might have misread it or what i read was not a quoted comment.

To be fair on the bloke i did a google search for the comment and i found the article and it backed up my initial thoughts.

I am a fan of DCE his skillset is well rounded he has all the qualities to end up being a great halfback i have just noticed a few things in his replies especially around negotiations that could have been handled better with a bit more modesty and class.

Also i don't think his first 1/3 to half of the year was all that great last year some wrong options, kicking out on the full and running too sideways at times.

I want to see more than just take advantage of a quick play the ball showing and going on the short side as his big play or off a second man pass, i want to see him punch holes through the middle for himself for others and also work off the back of forwards punching holes through the middle.

In saying that we never really had the explosive forward punch he could work off or create through the middle but even so he drifts too sideways way too often for my liking.

One play that really made me stand up and notice was i think back in 2011 during a tight start against the Tigers in Gosford where he punched through the line and in the tackle offloaded i think to Stewart to score i want to see more of that.

DCE will perform well with a quality side like all halves require but when the chips are down when there are injuries and a lack of depth Foran is the one that has stood up and kept us in more games than DCE with his consistency and energy.

bones said:
How dare DCE answer a question truthfully. No way should we give the captaincy to one of those honest types. Our club has an image to uphold.

The quality of someone is not always about answering a question truthfully it is about realising that an honest reply might come across as arrogant or hurt someones feelings and not saying it.

When a woman asks "do i look good in this outfit or does my butt look big in this" by all means say "no you look crap you look like a *&&^ and your butt looks massive."( It's not about the truth it is knowing what impact your reply might have)

On the other hand it is ok for me to say "I'm the greatest technical coach there is in any sport that matters" but i would not say that if i was an actual coach employed working with others i would keep those thoughts to myself.

Respect the captaincy, want to be the captain at some stage but also acknowledge there are others in the squad who equally deserve that opportunity---- don't use the captaincy lure as a bargaining option to potentially keep you at the club.

He'd have no trouble getting back the ten in a game. That was a tremendous back pedal. lol

He admires DCE's skillset, but labels him a tosser because he is self confident and honest. FMD! Who else was offended by DCE and his response?

So DCE and Foran to play prop?

Sorry, soo much crap to read through I just skimmed and saw those 2 names and related them to the thread title

Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
KaZa said:
we dont need any more gambles. Starling Sao Lui and Trjbojevic are enough to work with Lawrence and King. Sene Lefao can play prop too. Glenn Stewart or Horo are big enough to fill in as well if needed. We are okay. Give the Faooso money to DCE to keep him happy.

[/quote

I love reading your posts TC, you are so serious but too me its pure comedy. Accusing DCE of being Too into himself , If that isnt the pot calling the kettle ill never know

Who else calls themselves the technical coach and stands on a box to preach the gospel of footy any better than yourself. Maybe your contract has been upgraded recently or your hoping for a little forum (C) next to your name.

Im not trying to provoke you TC, but i saw a massive slice of irony in your conclusions and well.............. i cant resist. Im a technical smart arse

Fluffy said:
So DCE and Foran to play prop?

Sorry, soo much crap to read through I just skimmed and saw those 2 names and related them to the thread title

And this is your input? Well thought out and intelligently worded. This will keep the thread bubbling along nicely. LOL Just kidding...it is actually all KaZa's fault. He started it :p :D

mozgrame said:
He'd have no trouble getting back the ten in a game. That was a tremendous back pedal. lol

He admires DCE's skillset, but labels him a tosser because he is self confident and honest. FMD! Who else was offended by DCE and his response?
Have no problem with self confidence just have a problem using the captaincy in negotiations and voicing it in the media to make the issue worse.

Are you saying i can't admire a persons skillset yet at the same time hate ones character or personality?

For starters i think DCE is a well spoken intelligent bloke and comes across as a nice enough bloke it is just those little comments that are starting to get to me. DCE is showing another side that maybe was hidden when he was less confident in his abilities and may rub off people in the wrong way.

I mean seriously people do you guys honestly think his comment in relation to suggesting if Manly use the captaincy lure during negotiations it might sway him in favour to sign with Manly a positive response.

jbb/james said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:

[/quote

I love reading your posts TC, you are so serious but too me its pure comedy. Accusing DCE of being Too into himself , If that isnt the pot calling the kettle ill never know

Who else calls themselves the technical coach and stands on a box to preach the gospel of footy any better than yourself. Maybe your contract has been upgraded recently or your hoping for a little forum (C) next to your name.

Im not trying to provoke you TC, but i saw a massive slice of irony in your conclusions and well.............. i cant resist. Im a technical smart arse

The difference is i would never display such "into yourself/myself comments" in my field of employment or personal life other than with close friends in a joking manner or in a public forum interacting with people i don't even know.

You do realise most of my comments are tongue and cheek most of the time but yeah maybe i have to take a step back and be a little more modest lol-------nah i am the greatest TC.

Haha! I'm throwing in the towel on this one. It's a TKO (or is it a TCO?). I don't have the stamina. LOL.

DCE is the greatest and he deserves all that he asks for!!

Never been a fan of Co-Captains but i don't mind the captain on the field and captain off the field for media interviews and after game press conferences structure.

If Co-Captains means the above and it is clearly defined to both players who are chosen then it can help ease the workload on each other.

Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
[/quote

No i recall reading the comment a while ago last year and since it was so long wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that i might have misread it or what i read was not a quoted comment.

To be fair on the bloke i did a google search for the comment and i found the article and it backed up my initial thoughts.

I am a fan of DCE his skillset is well rounded he has all the qualities to end up being a great halfback i have just noticed a few things in his replies especially around negotiations that could have been handled better with a bit more modesty and class.

Also i don't think his first 1/3 to half of the year was all that great last year some wrong options, kicking out on the full and running too sideways at times.

I want to see more than just take advantage of a quick play the ball showing and going on the short side as his big play or off a second man pass, i want to see him punch holes through the middle for himself for others and also work off the back of forwards punching holes through the middle.

In saying that we never really had the explosive forward punch he could work off or create through the middle but even so he drifts too sideways way too often for my liking.

One play that really made me stand up and notice was i think back in 2011 during a tight start against the Tigers in Gosford where he punched through the line and in the tackle offloaded i think to Stewart to score i want to see more of that.

DCE will perform well with a quality side like all halves require but when the chips are down when there are injuries and a lack of depth Foran is the one that has stood up and kept us in more games than DCE with his consistency and energy.

bones said:
How dare DCE answer a question truthfully. No way should we give the captaincy to one of those honest types. Our club has an image to uphold.

The quality of someone is not always about answering a question truthfully it is about realising that an honest reply might come across as arrogant or hurt someones feelings and not saying it.

When a woman asks "do i look good in this outfit or does my butt look big in this" by all means say "no you look crap you look like a *&&^ and your butt looks massive."( It's not about the truth it is knowing what impact your reply might have)

On the other hand it is ok for me to say "I'm the greatest technical coach there is in any sport that matters" but i would not say that if i was an actual coach employed working with others i would keep those thoughts to myself.

Respect the captaincy, want to be the captain at some stage but also acknowledge there are others in the squad who equally deserve that opportunity---- don't use the captaincy lure as a bargaining option to potentially keep you at the club.

Technically I think TC wants DCE to be perfect on and off the field. But in the real world most ppl would be happy with 3 more premierships from him and could give less of a stuff if he is captain and /or a tosser of it.
I understand TC's points but to me results matter. I don't care if for example Terry Hill was a tool or not, what is important is did he win a Grand Final.

manlyfan76 said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:

bones said:

Technically I think TC wants DCE to be perfect on and off the field. But in the real world most ppl would be happy with 3 more premierships from him and could give less of a stuff if he is captain and /or a tosser of it.
I understand TC's points but to me results matter. I don't care if for example Terry Hill was a tool or not, what is important is did he win a Grand Final.

I could care less about his personality or character if he was just a player in the squad but if you think you are captaincy material speak and act like one.

mozgrame said:
Is it un-captain like to say you would like the captaincy?

Uncaptain like to offer Manly the suggestion that offering the captaincy in negotiations might sway his vote.

It is captain like to keep your mouth shut head down work hard and if you get the tap on the shoulder or it is offered then make your feelings or interest known.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4