1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prop Signing?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Red Pill, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    Any news on this? Thought I heard that Tooves mentioned that we were still hoping to sign someone before next Saturday at the season launch.
    Gee not long to go.

2. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    I'm hoping to put pen to paper soon...

3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    What's the rush? They'd probably already have their own boots so we just need to have a clean jersey, socks etc waiting in the dressing sheds. Doesn't matter if they are not familiar with our plays, just run straight ahead and tackle anything purple.

4. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    No rush, agree but it was indicated it was still apparently still on the cards.
    Just wondering amongst the forum who might know ?
    Moon dog could be handy for us when we come up against the Dessy dogs.
    A mooning dog would be appropriate!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    It'd be a braver man than me who would be prepared to pull his pants down in front of Bulldogs supporters or players.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    Who would be left at this stage....only option would be to entice a British Prop to leave the Super League, or pick someone up from the bush (eg like the Storm did with Brian Norrie).

I think our depth is going to be mightily challenged this year....hope I am wrong.

7. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Mark O'Meley is playing for Wyong in NSW Cup....

ESL wise I'd look at those Wigan props but would need some extra coin - Flower, Taylor

8. joeboy

joeboy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 16
    We shoulda signed lama tasi before he went overseas. Cheap, looking fr an opportunity and a manly junior.. Still had loads of potential

9. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    My guess is that someone will step up and do a "Lawrence" again this year.

Whether it's Starling or Sao or Turbo I don't know. But we have a habit of getting the best out of young somewhat unheralded recruits.

Turbo will be a gun no doubt but maybe he needs one more year.

10. andyvb

andyvb Active Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 32
    This isn't an option for this year but we should look at sione Lousi from warriors, I think he is off contract next year. He looks big and damaging

11. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    we dont need any more gambles. Starling Sao Lui and Trjbojevic are enough to work with Lawrence and King. Sene Lefao can play prop too. Glenn Stewart or Horo are big enough to fill in as well if needed. We are okay. Give the Faooso money to DCE to keep him happy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    The Warriors have big wraps on him, I doubt they'd let him go. Apparently he's recovered from the knee injury that kept him out last year and he's been training the house down.
    I'd take him and his brother too if we could get them.

13. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Theres definitely some big Polynesian props getting around in New Zealand. I think our team could benefit from a gigantic islander and i hope we pinch someone from over there. The Warriors dont have dibs on all of them and cannot keep them all. A chunky Fui Fui/Conrad Hurrell/Matulino type unit

14. Technical Coach

Technical Coach Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    Why give more money to someone who uses the "captaincy" lure as a bargaining tool to be re-signed that kind of statement does not sound like a leader to be respected. (hope he was misquoted or i read it wrong as that comment has tosser written all over it)

No problem wanting to be captain but to use that in negotiations lacks respect for the position and comes across as him expecting the captaincy.

Foran is next in line and has earned the respect with putting his body on the line performances and his leadership with actions mentality and seems to have the players respect more so.

15. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Yeah sure. If that is what you need to do to be a good captain, Foran better get in line behind Choc and Matai.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Technical Coach

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    Age is a factor with your chosen players considering Lyon might be around for another 2yrs on top of losing their cool too often.

I would have no problem with your choices ahead of DCE it is just that Foran has the nice mix of high intensity and calmness about him, not too laid back but does not lose his temper too often either--- more just showing his passion.

17. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    Plus he's been captain of the Kiwi's as well, I agree

18. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45

19. Technical Coach

Ratings:
    +863 / 45

20. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    DCE gets my vote for next Captain ahead of Foran, who is already an irritant to the Refs with his constant critique.
    But, we already have co-captains, so the two halves will share the role once Killer calls it a day.

DCE's skills are more encompassing than Foz's, who himself has often commented on this fact in interviews.

They both share the control of the game without egos, so we don't have to worry about factions creeping into our Team :angel:

If we could only keep one, DCE is the most talented of the extremely talented duo. His SOO and Kangaroo stints as a bench forward, were a revelation last year.:cool:

I hope that Manly give the young Props a chance before buying in another.