1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prop options

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by c eagle, May 30, 2013.

1. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Hi all , with all talk of king maybe retiring with joe, and us losing kite to Penrith , what are some options to replace these guys with.... Even George seems to be on the way out also, so we will have 2 possibly 4 props required for next season.... And could we pick someone up before June 30, wonder if we are even in a position to offer someone a contract before then $$$$

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    This time last year we were trying to pick up Shackleton and he would still be handy on a small deal

3. TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
    Ratings:
    +429 / 1
    I would like to see Cuthbertson return.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    Prop options?
    We could have a tree or something, but what other props do we need?

• Like Like x 1
  5. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Yeah maybe the love shack could flourish in our environment .... Like tommy boy
    [hr]
    Dan, so don't you think we need to replace any guys retiring.... Or do you think guys in lower grades to step up

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    It was a tongue in cheek PUN/Dad joke :)

7. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    If King retires then he needs to make the decision prior to 30 June and maybe Kitey will back out of his riff deal.

8. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    I doubt Kite would back out of a deal he has agreed to. The guy has too much integrity and class for that.

9. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    list of off contract props according to zerotackle website:

Leeson Ah Mau, Josh Ailaomai, Sam Anderson, Scott Anderson, Neccrom Areaiiti, Roy Asotasi, Luke Bailey, Jack Bosden, Shannon Boyd, Kenneath Bromwich, Thomas Burgess, Rodney Coates, James Cunningham, Mitchell Dodds, Keith Galloway, Mitch Garbutt, James Gavet, David Gower, Jon Green, Matt Groat, Charlie Gubb, Glenn Hall, Mark Ioane, Felise Kaufusi, Leilani Latu, Justin Lemalu, Isaac Liu, Sam Lousi, Dunamis Lui, Suaia Matagi, Jordan McLean, Francis Molo, Dylan Napa, Bryan Norrie, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Luke Page, Junior Palau, Junior Paulo, George Rose, Ben Ross, Kem Seru, Ava Seumanufagai, Seffa Silafau, Nick Skinner, Josh Starling, Brandon Tago, Lama Tasi, Mark Taufua, Peni Terepo, Caleb Timu, Paterika Vaivai, Siosaia Vave, Shannon Wakeman, Jarrod Wallace, Dayne Weston, Michael Weyman, Brett White

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2013/by-position-2013/#ixzz2UjVJ3ff5

10. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Tasi, Starling, Bromwich, Paulo, and Weyman all stand out to me. Could be solid options.

11. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    He's matured and is playing out of his skin. Has got the balance right with when to just take the yards and when to offload. Has been one of the Knights best this season, and I'd love to have him back.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,777 / 258
    After being discarded would he even want to come back??

• Like Like x 1
  13. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,855 / 192
    Des was in charge when he was discarded . I think he would come back now

14. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    He seems to have developed a relationship with Bennett. The same way that Darius Boyd has. He signed Cuthbo up to the Dragons when he was there and then took him to Newcastle when he left - along with Boyd.

Besides, I don't think Cuthbo is the answer we are looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    We have enough wingers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Isn't Tom Burgess supposed to be the better brother? It would be near impossible to get him from Souths but it would piss the bastards off!. lol
    [hr]
    Dayne Weston would be another good cheapie. He's young and big and aggressive.

17. RL Gronk

RL Gronk New Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    I wish we still had Tim "Gordon Ramsey" Robinson he would be handy at the moment he's big and showed a lot of promise last year

18. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I reckon we hope a revolution occurs in NZ and players start handing in requests to get out of being coaching by Elliott.

From the list a few posts above I wouldn't mind seeing Tasi come back. Not a big fan of Weyman to be honest.

19. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    We've been linked to Starling a bit lately, and I believe we spoke to Weyman's management until he put his price on the table.

Got to my first game on the weekend and thought Sao went OK in NSW cup. Trbojevic was a standout in the 20's game but would need to add some size / experience before being seriously considered for NRL IMO.

I remember Groat coming into the Tigers NRL about the same time as Woods and thought he looked OK. Might be worth a look at the right price.

20. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    It's a shame Kitey didn't sign with Parra. If somebody signs with Parra it is a shock if they don't renege.

That reminds me, when is Will coming back?
    [hr]
    Is he any relation to Sterol?