Proof player negotiations mid season are a farce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Spuds Bodyguard

Reserve Grader
Tonight should be absolute proof that mid season player negotiation should be banned.

DCE - Distracted and dis-organised in the first half
Snake - Worst half of footy I've ever seen him play
T-Rex - seemed overly angry early on like he had a chip on his shoulder
Lussick - Its easy, catch the ball and run (in that order)

Surely there is a better system that having next seasons player movements being the talking point in ROUND 3 of the current season.

Unfortunately we are going to cop it this year with this sort of stuff. TRex I think tried to fire up the other guys. Unfortunately he will get a lenghty rest for the guys to think about their lack of effort tonight. The guys are coppingit from the media, let's not give it to them as well.

Kiwi Eagle said:
So for the 1st 2 weeks, DCE and T Rex were in a different situation to the one that faced them last night were they ?

Why be so negative? He's just trying to say that it may be getting to them. There has to be a reason that a reserve grade quality team showed up last night!

Kiwi Eagle said:
So for the 1st 2 weeks, DCE and T Rex were in a different situation to the one that faced them last night were they ?

How many times did DCE face the media in the first 2 weeks and get grilled about realeases, contract upgrades. Yes it was still in the background but this last week it has definitely been in the foreground.

I can only assume from your reply that you think it is a good idea.

Stevo said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Why be so negative? He's just trying to say that it may be getting to them. There has to be a reason that a reserve grade quality team showed up last night!

Did you ever stop to think that the Sharks just played very well in the wet conditions and put us under pressure causing us to make mistakes?

It was Carney who ran their show, not Robson. Carney's a very good player playing in his best position. Our forwards were beaten by theirs, so it's difficult for a half to look good with a pack that's not penetrating.. It's a simple as that.

torana355 said:
Stevo said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Did you ever stop to think that the Sharks just played very well in the wet conditions and put us under pressure causing us to make mistakes?

That's the point mate. Why did they outplay us though? Is it possible that ongoing distractions are taking their toll?

Stevo said:
torana355 said:
Stevo said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

That's the point mate. Why did they outplay us though? Is it possible that ongoing distractions are taking their toll?

Because you can't win every game, simple as that. Especially with all the traveling we have had to do. Sharks were desperate for that win so they all put in 100% and played aswell as they can. The positive is we can play 10x better then we did and we only lost by 3 points.

Why can't you win every game? Isn't it fair to say that if there were no distractions on Manly players this week and in the last few months we could have turned up ready to go and the result may have been different?

Stevo said:
Why can't you win every game? Isn't it fair to say that if there were no distractions on Manly players this week and in the last few months we could have turned up ready to go and the result may have been different?

If we had no traveling and actually had one game at brooky perhaps yes but the BS in the media is not the reason imo.

Can't see how DCE had a bad game. Sharks had 70% of the ball in 1st half. What's he supposed to do? In 2nd half he tried his heart out and looked dangerous.

As for Trex the poor bloke can't win with some people. His either not showing enough passion/ aggression or he's going overboard. I was at the game last night and sure he made some errors but he never stopped trying. He ran and tackled aggressively, that's what we want from him.
Just wasn't his or our night.

I share Luke Lewis' view on the whole contract stuff, it is the way it is, get over it

I have no problem with the way it is right now tbh. It would still be talked about and speculated on regardless

I don't believe it has an impact on performance

Spuds Bodyguard said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

How many times did DCE face the media in the first 2 weeks and get grilled about realeases, contract upgrades. Yes it was still in the background but this last week it has definitely been in the foreground.

I can only assume from your reply that you think it is a good idea.

the mauler said:
Can't see how DCE had a bad game. Sharks had 70% of the ball in 1st half. What's he supposed to do? In 2nd half he tried his heart out and looked dangerous.

As for Trex the poor bloke can't win with some people. His either not showing enough passion/ aggression or he's going overboard. I was at the game last night and sure he made some errors but he never stopped trying. He ran and tackled aggressively, that's what we want from him.
Just wasn't his or our night.

For the record I think DCE is a superstar and T-Rex would have to be one of my favourite players. I am not trying to bag the guys.

They looked a bit off last night and I attribute this partly to the crap they had to endure in the media last week.

You cant honestly tell me that DCE's media appearances during the last week would have helped him play last night.

If there was not an ounce of truth to the rumours, then why would it effect the players at all? It's paper talk and if the players knew it wasn't true, why would they be concerned?

We are talking about professional footballers here.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8