Promising youngster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One of our players that has had 'potential' for quite some time appears to be reaching career best form and ready to go to another level. . .

Our co-captain's performance against Illawarra was close to the best I have seen from him (and I've seen footage of most of his matches over the past few years).

He was the best prop on field against the reigning premiers (whose team included a current Origin prop as well as last year's Origin prop. His form supported the theory that he was simply underdone in SOO 1, having missed the previous few matches through injury.

He seems to be a man on a mission, playing better than I thought he could, and Des's decision to make him co-captain may have been (another) masterstroke by the master coach. Front rowers traditionally take time to hit their peak, King may be a case in point.

His penalties are quite well planned these days. Eg usually not on the last tackle when we are under the pump. Someone has to give away a penalty, may as well be our enforcer.

Agreed I think he was underdone for SOO 1. all the big units need some time to build steam. all good as he's gonna spend the rest of the season fuming about the pasting he got in the media about it.

The Kingdog has been all class for a couple of seasons now, fantastic player. He really has transformed himself from where he was back in the early handbag swinging days.

Kingy Is another player who was influenced positively by playing along side Menzies and Kennedy.

The more you look at the clearer it is, the purchase of bk in 2005 rebuilt the culture of our club.

I think when you talk about signings of established 1st graders, bk slightly shades cliffy as manlys best signing in history

Totally agree - never would i pick king to standout against quality opposition like he did Monday night. Has always been just a plodder imo but now has a touch of intimidation & even an offload. He may give away a couple of penalties but at least he is trying to dominate the ruck & control that play the ball area. Mass improver.

has lifted recently. Maybe thats what origin camp can get out of him.

his big hit in defence have always been there, but ive noticed a little more pace in him.

Let's all just take a deep breath. Princess needs to put on that display for the next five weeks to have me singing from the rafters. And it doesn't matter where the penalties are given, or when in the tackle count, penalties really hurt and more than not, tries flow from them. Five games without a 'dumb' penalty from the big man will win me over.

DSM5 said:
Let's all just take a deep breath. Princess needs to put on that display for the next five weeks to have me singing from the rafters. And it doesn't matter where the penalties are given, or when in the tackle count, penalties really hurt and more than not, tries flow from them. Five games without a 'dumb' penalty from the big man will win me over.
Dsm I just think you hate our recent captains. First ox and now kingy lol ;)

Cambo, it may well be my dislike of authority which lies at the bottom of my comments. 'Hate' is way to strong. I'll have to have a word with my analyst. Anyway although I would agree that Princess has found some go forward and his hits have sting in them, what I can't stand are the dumb penalties. Matai seems to have got them out of his game (Goons game aside) and Whatnot is improving. Anyway I'll give Princess the bod and see how he goes in five weeks.

Can someone change the title of this thread....

Promising Youngster makes me think we've got the next Paul Gallen or whoever tied up in the U18's

Dsm I just think you hate our recent captains. First ox and now kingy lol ;)
[/quote]

Don't start me on ox,

Canberra supporters all know they got a lemon.

Daniel said:
Score more points than them, and defend better. Winning combination really

DSM5 said:
Princess still gives away one or two penalties per game. Unforgivable.

he has a long way to go to catch glen and choc who have less of an excuse

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4