1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Promising youngster

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagleRock8, Jul 1, 2011.

1. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    One of our players that has had 'potential' for quite some time appears to be reaching career best form and ready to go to another level. . .

Our co-captain's performance against Illawarra was close to the best I have seen from him (and I've seen footage of most of his matches over the past few years).

He was the best prop on field against the reigning premiers (whose team included a current Origin prop as well as last year's Origin prop. His form supported the theory that he was simply underdone in SOO 1, having missed the previous few matches through injury.

He seems to be a man on a mission, playing better than I thought he could, and Des's decision to make him co-captain may have been (another) masterstroke by the master coach. Front rowers traditionally take time to hit their peak, King may be a case in point.

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Princess still gives away one or two penalties per game. Unforgivable.

3. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Least he doesn't drop the ball all the time

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    His penalties are quite well planned these days. Eg usually not on the last tackle when we are under the pump. Someone has to give away a penalty, may as well be our enforcer.

5. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Agreed I think he was underdone for SOO 1. all the big units need some time to build steam. all good as he's gonna spend the rest of the season fuming about the pasting he got in the media about it.

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    The Kingdog has been all class for a couple of seasons now, fantastic player. He really has transformed himself from where he was back in the early handbag swinging days.

7. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Kingy Is another player who was influenced positively by playing along side Menzies and Kennedy.

The more you look at the clearer it is, the purchase of bk in 2005 rebuilt the culture of our club.

I think when you talk about signings of established 1st graders, bk slightly shades cliffy as manlys best signing in history

8. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Totally agree - never would i pick king to standout against quality opposition like he did Monday night. Has always been just a plodder imo but now has a touch of intimidation & even an offload. He may give away a couple of penalties but at least he is trying to dominate the ruck & control that play the ball area. Mass improver.

9. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    has lifted recently. Maybe thats what origin camp can get out of him.

his big hit in defence have always been there, but ive noticed a little more pace in him.

10. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Let's all just take a deep breath. Princess needs to put on that display for the next five weeks to have me singing from the rafters. And it doesn't matter where the penalties are given, or when in the tackle count, penalties really hurt and more than not, tries flow from them. Five games without a 'dumb' penalty from the big man will win me over.

11. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Dsm I just think you hate our recent captains. First ox and now kingy lol ;)

12. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Cambo, it may well be my dislike of authority which lies at the bottom of my comments. 'Hate' is way to strong. I'll have to have a word with my analyst. Anyway although I would agree that Princess has found some go forward and his hits have sting in them, what I can't stand are the dumb penalties. Matai seems to have got them out of his game (Goons game aside) and Whatnot is improving. Anyway I'll give Princess the bod and see how he goes in five weeks.

13. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Can someone change the title of this thread....

Promising Youngster makes me think we've got the next Paul Gallen or whoever tied up in the U18's

14. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Dsm I just think you hate our recent captains. First ox and now kingy lol ;)
    [/quote]

Don't start me on ox,

Canberra supporters all know they got a lemon.

15. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    he has a long way to go to catch glen and choc who have less of an excuse