Promising trio added to SeaEagles roster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mavin said:
Loobs said:
The problem with saying "he wasn't charged" is that in a lot of domestic violence cases, the victim won't press charges because of their relationship to the defendant. The NRL takes that as "good enough for them" and moves on. See Barba, Ben...

Spot on. Have any of you have experienced domestic violence? Lived with it growing up? So many times the female (not being sexist can also apply to male) is scared and drops the complaint or sees no better options and refuses to press charges or appear in court (sad I no it doesn't mean it didn't happen ). To put our heads in the sand and say oh gee we need another big front rower. Football is important to me but you need standards not only in your club but in your life. Leave me out of it thanks.

Very well said @mavin I agree 100%

Mavin said:
Loobs said:
The problem with saying "he wasn't charged" is that in a lot of domestic violence cases, the victim won't press charges because of their relationship to the defendant. The NRL takes that as "good enough for them" and moves on. See Barba, Ben...

Spot on. Have any of you have experienced domestic violence? Lived with it growing up? So many times the female (not being sexist can also apply to male) is scared and drops the complaint or sees no better options and refuses to press charges or appear in court (sad I Know it doesn't mean it didn't happen ). To put our heads in the sand and say oh gee we need another big front rower. Football is important to me but you need standards not only in your club but in your life. Leave me out of it thanks.

Mavin, I lived through a childhood of domestic violence and so I hold pretty strong views myself, however I also had a close mate charged with assaulting his girlfriend after a nasty split and fights over assets etc. He lived with the stigma for 8 months whilst waiting for Court proceedings only to have it dropped 2 weeks before court date because she admitted that nothing had happened. Plenty of people judged him the way you are judging right now and it was just not fair. The cops charged her, but dropped that soon after

Innocent until proven guilty for me I'm afraid.

Mavin said:
Loobs said:

Spot on. Have any of you have experienced domestic violence? Lived with it growing up? So many times the female (not being sexist can also apply to male) is scared and drops the complaint or sees no better options and refuses to press charges or appear in court (sad I Know it doesn't mean it didn't happen ). To put our heads in the sand and say oh gee we need another big front rower. Football is important to me but you need standards not only in your club but in your life. Leave me out of it thanks.

Innocent until proven guilty mate. If the female (in this case) dropped the complaint and didn't pursue it then we take him as he is. At this point in time he is not guilty of assaulting his ex and should be treated that way.
You do know that some women make a complaint and press charges when nothings happened? It happens, and these days its so easy to get an AVO taken out on somebody, some females see it as power trip to block out the emotion from a breakdown in the relationship or the like.

I'm with you Ralphie. I have seen a mate put up with a very volatile relationship as well. Now he wasn't totally blameless I grant you that, but she was as equally as guilty of inflaming situations and knew how to "play the system", seeing him accused of all sorts of things in "she said / he said" claims. She caused him all sorts of grief until he finally extricated himself from the relationship. The basic tenet of our society is innocent until proven guilty, that may not always 100% foolproof as finances can dictate how guilty you are under our legal system, but in this case I'm prepared to give Tetevano the benefit of the doubt. Goes without saying he should be on a very short leash though and any stuff ups should end in contract termination.

Anthony Cherrington was another who was found guilty of assault and was given a second chance at the Panthers.

Mavin said:
Loobs said:

Reports are saying forward Zane Tetevano has been issued an apprehended violence order by Magistrate Ian Cheetham after an alleged incident at a Merewether home which left his girlfriend Jessica Guilbaud-Oulton with bruises to her back, chest and arm.
No charges have been laid however it's understood if Tetevano violates the conditions of the AVO and assaults, molests or harasses Guilbaud-Oulton in any way during the next year he could receive a penalty of up to two years in jail and a fine of $5500.

I had a mate whose ex Mrs took out an AVO against him , claiming a huge range of abuse.

Took their kids away from him and it took over. $50k in legal fees to " set things straight ".

In the end she admitted she had made the lot up, but what the poor bugger went through ( in a small country town) was horrendous.

He eventually moved away, he had to , even though he was found not guilty of any wrong doing .

It's just like we see from time to time when Snake is vilified on social media.

Let the guy have a go, if he stuffs up out the door he goes!!

Harry said:
Reports are saying forward Zane Tetevano has been issued an apprehended violence order by Magistrate Ian Cheetham after an alleged incident at a Merewether home which left his girlfriend Jessica Guilbaud-Oulton with bruises to her back, chest and arm.
No charges have been laid however it's understood if Tetevano violates the conditions of the AVO and assaults, molests or harasses Guilbaud-Oulton in any way during the next year he could receive a penalty of up to two years in jail and a fine of $5500.
What reports are those Dave?
'It's understood...' ??
FYI those are the penalties everyone potentially faces if they breach an AVO. An AVO can be made without any allegations being proved simply by the defendant consenting to the making of the order on a without-admissions basis. He is not the only player to ever have an AVO, and not the only Manly player, in fact AVOs are quite in vogue at Manly from board level down.

Hey Guys,

I don't think theres a person out there who condones or can excuse domestic violence. But the truth is no one on the forum knows Zane Tetevano and can therefore has any means of knowing if he is guilty or not. As of yet it seems he has not been charged with anything. Even if this man is guilty of acting violent towards his girlfriend (Which would be horrible) there is still the possibility that he is extremely remorseful and looking to make amends for his mistakes. What better place to do that than at this great club? It seems the club has taken this stance by signing him in the first place. I believe not knowing the facts, we should judge Zane on his actions from today onwards. What an opportunity for him.

The change of environment/area is probably what he needs, to move on from what appears to be a volatile and dangerous relationship. Reading the events of the last 12 months on Zane, it's clear that there was a very complicated situation occuring, and he didn't appear to be equiped to deal with it when things got out of hand.

With the charges dropped (the only reason you can surmise the lack of follow up since the story last May), and time away from the spotlight, I can only hope that as a person he has grown up and learnt from this episode. No doubt the club have been very thorough in their vetting of this guy, and see Zane is now at that point where he can free himself to be the best person (and footballer) he can be, from this time.

Court date is November. Newcastle seemed pretty OK with severing ties. He sounds like a piece of garbage.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2601462/assault-charges-cloud-tetevanos-manly-move/?cs=306

Loobs said:
Court date is November. Newcastle seemed pretty OK with severing ties. He sounds like a piece of garbage.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2601462/assault-charges-cloud-tetevanos-manly-move/?cs=306

Thanks for finding the latest info re: court dates. Still, I'd thought you'd be prepared to see what the hearing finds before casting judgement.

Well I'm taking a circumstantial approach with that comment seeing as the Knights say they were willing to take back someone who stomped on a guys head and went to jail instead of Zane...

Loobs said:

Ok, at least we will get a result/answer before the off season gets right into the swing of things. If he is found guilty then we move on and look elsewhere.

ManlyMatt said:
Hey Guys,

I don't think theres a person out there who condones or can excuse domestic violence. But the truth is no one on the forum knows Zane Tetevano and can therefore has any means of knowing if he is guilty or not. As of yet it seems he has not been charged with anything. Even if this man is guilty of acting violent towards his girlfriend (Which would be horrible) there is still the possibility that he is extremely remorseful and looking to make amends for his mistakes. What better place to do that than at this great club? It seems the club has taken this stance by signing him in the first place. I believe not knowing the facts, we should judge Zane on his actions from today onwards. What an opportunity for him.

I don't know Zane away from the footy field, but when he was playing in our footy team this year he was great on the field and good around our younger lads. Nobody in our club had a problem with him being there, he was playing for nothing and he was just one of the boys.
As you say, everybody on here should judge him on his actions from now on. He deserves a chance and I'm sure the Manly club would have looked closely at his history before signing him.

Hamster Huey said:
Loobs said:

Thanks for finding the latest info re: court dates. Still, I'd thought you'd be prepared to see what the hearing finds before casting judgement.
It is interesting that the signing has been announced now. Would have been easy to hold off on making it public for another few weeks. We must be pretty confident about the outcome.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Hamster Huey said:
Loobs said:

It is interesting that the signing has been announced now. Would have been easy to hold off on making it public for another few weeks. We must be pretty confident about the outcome.

ASSAULT CHARGES CLOUD TETEVANO’S MANLY MOVE
NEWCASTLE HERALD – OCTOBER 5, 2014
POSTED IN: MANLY SEA EAGLES, NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS, NEWS, ZANE TETEVANO
Zane Tetevano

Allegations of assaulting his former girlfriend could torpedo Zane Tetevano’s hopes of resurrecting his NRL career with the Manly Sea Eagles next season.

The Sea Eagles announced on Wednesday that they had signed the former Knights prop to a one-year deal, but first he will need to convince NRL officials that he is eligible for registration.

“The NRL would need to determine whether he was a fit and proper person to play in the NRL before that contract will be registered,” an NRL spokesman said yesterday.

The charges include allegations of multiple assaults, as well as malicious damage and intimidation. An interim apprehended violence order was put in place on May 14. Tetevano was due to appear in Newcastle Local Court last week, but the matter was adjourned until November 28.

Regardless of how he fares in court, the NRL would be unlikely to register Tetevano until he has complied with all protocols, although it is understood he would not be banned from training with Manly in the interim.

Read more at the Newcastle Herald

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/assault-charges-cloud-tetevanos-manly-move-15213/#ixzz3FENbnMwP

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6