Promising trio added to SeaEagles roster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mavin said:
We obviously don't have a no dickhead policy. I hope tetevano doesn't get registered by the NRL. I have no time for domestic violence,I hope he get's his life in order but he has no place at our club.

Actually we have a dick head policy and this buy will mean choc must be leaving as we'll have room under the dickhead cap. :)

weev said:
Mavin said:
We obviously don't have a no dickhead policy. I hope tetevano doesn't get registered by the NRL. I have no time for domestic violence,I hope he get's his life in order but he has no place at our club.

Actually we have a dick head policy and this buy will mean choc must be leaving as we'll have room under the dickhead cap. :)

Dicki knee anybody?

Urinating in public, punching a sponsor, DUI, I'm not staying that hitting your missus is in the same league as these offences not do I condone it, but let's no throw stones at glass houses!

Throwing stones at glass houses is also a misdemeanor.

(Unless you are a really bad shot, then it is a miss-de......)

As long as he plays and puts in 200% who cares.. Every team has and needs grubs... We have had our share over the years and still do.... I welcome the latest addition.. in footy terms we need someone like this in the forwards

Mark from Brisbane said:
Maybe Dave can come on and tell us about these guys and why they were signed .

I'll wait with baited breath!

What are you hoping to catch? :p

Add this effort to the recent, '...for all intensive purposes,' fun.

Hamster Huey said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Maybe Dave can come on and tell us about these guys and why they were signed .

I'll wait with baited breath!

What are you hoping to catch? :p

Add this effort to the recent, '...for all intensive purposes,' fun.
And death Nell. Glad you picked it up HH, as I was going too ;0) but thought I'd lay off the pedantry for a bit.

bennyeagle said:
Urinating in public, punching a sponsor, DUI, I'm not staying that hitting your missus is in the same league as these offences not do I condone it, but let's no throw stones at glass houses!
Go back a couple of more years into history :0(

Does anyone know if he was even found guilty???

Looks like he could be the goods though, maybe in the right culture!

I'm glad the fans have a longer memory that the media when it comes to players domestic violence history. While Zane has a right to earn a living, I wish it wasn't at our club. I cannot support a player who does that, even after serving time.

Was quite sickening to read all the crap about how great Lui was after the final round. Ditto Jake Friend's miraculous recovery. Inglis gets a total free pass, and it goes on and on. It's partly why I don't want Richie back. The NRL needs to stamp this garbage out, but it's definitely not happening on Greenturd's watch, seeing as he is the worst culprit of them all for cover ups...

There are some seriously sickening charges here. I am surprised we are signing someone like this. It smacks of desperation to me.

It is unbelievable that there is nothing about Zane Tetevano after 22 May, when he was charged. He pleaded guilty to damaging a taxi but then nothing. He must have spent a lot on legals to wash a bad situation away.

southsideeagle said:
It is unbelievable that there is nothing about Zane Tetevano after 22 May, when he was charged. He pleaded guilty to damaging a taxi but then nothing. He must have spent a lot on legals to wash a bad situation away.

Or not guilty?

Lets ask Dave shall we @Darren

Bit harsh from some people on here and Facebook. People make mistakes and deserve second chances. All he was found guilty of was damage to a taxi, nothing else. Until such time as he is convicted of an assault charge, then he should be welcome at the club. I don't think he was even de-registered by the NRL so give the guy a break. Its a 1 year deal, the club can obviously see some potential.

EagleRock40 said:
Bit harsh from some people on here and Facebook. People make mistakes and deserve second chances. All he was found guilty of was damage to a taxi, nothing else. Until such time as he is convicted of an assault charge, then he should be welcome at the club. I don't think he was even de-registered by the NRL so give the guy a break. Its a 1 year deal, the club can obviously see some potential.

I agree, it was just there was no follow up details. He has been charged with 11 offences. I was just wondering why no more info available. eg case dropped, case pending etc. On the information available he looks like a good get and 1 year contract most appropriate

The problem with saying "he wasn't charged" is that in a lot of domestic violence cases, the victim won't press charges because of their relationship to the defendant. The NRL takes that as "good enough for them" and moves on. See Barba, Ben...

As always

Innocent until proven guilty . We, as supporters, can not protest at the way Brett was treated, if we can be consistent with other players, including those from other clubs

As it stands there is no record of what happened post the taxi incident. If we left things at the same time as Brett we would all believe he was drunk out of his mind etc

Maybe, just maybe, the club had looked into the situation and come up with their own conclusion - which you would expect especially considering the profile of women in the club (eagle angles etc)

Either way I will wait until there is more information before slating him and the club

Loobs said:
The problem with saying "he wasn't charged" is that in a lot of domestic violence cases, the victim won't press charges because of their relationship to the defendant. The NRL takes that as "good enough for them" and moves on. See Barba, Ben...

Spot on. Have any of you have experienced domestic violence? Lived with it growing up? So many times the female (not being sexist can also apply to male) is scared and drops the complaint or sees no better options and refuses to press charges or appear in court (sad I Know it doesn't mean it didn't happen ). To put our heads in the sand and say oh gee we need another big front rower. Football is important to me but you need standards not only in your club but in your life. Leave me out of it thanks.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2