Pritchard Signs with Dogs !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That is a total joke, what's the betting the also sign eastwood.  Next they will be trying to tell us all these players are playing for peanuts.  Bring in those stat decs asap.

why because they signed an ageing forward on his last few legs? The guy wouldnt be worth much these days and is on his way to the UK soon surely.

They haven't signed very many massive names at all of late so no idea how you come to this conclusion merely because they signed Hodko

Turner, Stagg, Idris, Morris, Hodkinson, Keating, Tandy, Pritchard, Tolman, Ennis, might aswell add Eastwood, i spose theyre in the same boat as us with big name players, but who are they losing, Pattern...... Kimmorley ?

Patten + Kimmorely would take a fair chunk of their cap.

However Idris, Turner, Tandy and Tolman would be lucky to soak up 800k between them.

Turner played for a great team but was never a very good winger, lucky if he is worth $150k
Idris, still young and I think still on a contract from before he played Origin. Lucky if he was on $150 - 200K
Tandy - Would have come cheap from the Storm and lucky to be on $150k
Tolman - The same

Ennis would be on about $200 - 250k max

Eastwood the same, he has been very quiet of late and not the player he was.

Keating is young and up and coming and probably again on less than 200k

Morris the same, him and his brother are good, but still young when he signed.

Really our imagined worth of players is more than they are actually on. I dare say they still have a little left to spend too

your too right Dan, theyre recruiting team have done well, we seem to be more for our juniors these days (whare,Hoppa,Oldfield and many more) were as in past years it was all about the big name signature (Bell,Lyons,Orford,Perry)

The future looks good for Manly BUT I reckon we need a few forwards, one big one to replace Perry would be a good start

maybe theyve been on the phone or gone to see bruno cullen ??  anyone hear his interview on the monday night broadcast- from memory -  a few weeks back , esp regarding how the cap works , and how the broncos use it...was eye opening and reinforced the huge advantage the one team towns can potentially have - attracting the third party moneys.  if i were in any position at manly , id have instructed our board to meet with the bloke and see what the true playing field is , regarding player payments , and how its possible to stack a team like the boinko's do...cullen is stepping down from his position at the broncs from what i understand at season end.

regarding forwards. Given the impact of the under 20's to the rest of the team, I think you will find we will go through a faze of smaller forward and a faster more mobile game over the next 5 years at least.

When the NYC game ends up being given the flick for reserve grade we will start moving towards big boppers again

WESTIE link said:
maybe theyve been on the phone or gone to see bruno cullen ??  anyone hear his interview on the monday night broadcast- from memory -  a few weeks back , esp regarding how the cap works , and how the broncos use it...was eye opening and reinforced the huge advantage the one team towns can potentially have - attracting the third party moneys.  if i were in any position at manly , id have instructed our board to meet with the bloke and see what the true playing field is , regarding player payments , and how its possible to stack a team like the boinko's do...cullen is stepping down from his position at the broncs from what i understand at season end.

Great idea. Pay him $10k to be a consultant and find out how they have done it.

Dan link said:
regarding forwards. Given the impact of the under 20's to the rest of the team, I think you will find we will go through a faze of smaller forward and a faster more mobile game over the next 5 years at least.

When the NYC game ends up being given the flick for reserve grade we will start moving towards big boppers again

Not necessarily. If you saw what the big Islander forwards from the Warriors did to our guys last Saturday I think you'll release that the Polynesians will become even more dominant, and bigger, as they are more suited to the impact. Then you watch Newcastle and it looks like a team of Fijians who are big, fast and mobile.

as long as you have people who are happy NOT to be sponsors , but happy to pay cash , ( in the form of a third party arrangement on paper etc) , from what i understand....you can have a player come ,and physically do something ( the example given was a player coming to a work place , business opening / car yard sale , and cooking a staff barbie ) as part of that third party arrangement , ....also from what i understand there is no money limit on this ?...and there are different classifications of third party arrangements ,  eg - marquee , where there is a limit etc etc etc up to 300k ? from memory

Dan link said:

However Idris, Turner, Tandy and Tolman would be lucky to soak up 800k between them.

Turner played for a great team but was never a very good winger, lucky if he is worth $150k
Idris, still young and I think still on a contract from before he played Origin. Lucky if he was on $150 - 200K
Tolman - The same

Really our imagined worth of players is more than they are actually on. I dare say they still have a little left to spend too

I think you are under valuing a couple of them Dan

Idris extended at the end of last season from memory and wouldn't have been cheap, I wouldn't be surprised if he was upwards of 200k

Tolman is considered 1 of the best young props in the game and a future Origin prop, was even talked about as this year before injuries hit him, so he would be upwards of 200k as well i would guess

WESTIE link said:
as long as you have people who are happy NOT to be sponsors , but happy to pay cash , ( in the form of a third party arrangement on paper etc) , from what i understand....you can have a player come ,and physically do something ( the example given was a player coming to a work place , business opening / car yard sale , and cooking a staff barbie ) as part of that third party arrangement , ....also from what i understand there is no money limit on this ?...and there are different classifications of third party arrangements ,  eg - marquee , where there is a limit etc etc etc up to 300k ? from memory
Thanks westie,now can you explain the Duckworth-Lewis system to us? ???

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184855.msg287351#msg287351 date=1282705277]

Tolman - The same

I think you are under valuing a couple of them Dan

Idris extended at the end of last season from memory and wouldn't have been cheap, I wouldn't be surprised if he was upwards of 200k

Tolman is considered 1 of the best young props in the game and a future Origin prop, was even talked about as this year before injuries hit him, so he would be upwards of 200k as well i would guess
[/quote]

mate at the end of last season Idris was still just an inconsistent up and comer with a big frame. He still had a lot to go. If he is on 200k he is very very lucky

Please, if you seriously believe the dogs have more value on their books than we do on ours you need to ramp up your medication.

Their team is a joke.

A revolving door of players coming and going, very few stay like Ryan and Patten.

Everybody says Todd Greenberg is a great CEO but he cant hold players at his club because it is rotten to the core.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6