Princess Yow Yeh

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Bad acting from Yow Yeh. So desperate to win he would resort to hammy acting and pretend to be knocked out. He then got up as if he only had gas troubles.

If T-Rex really wanted to whack him, he would have been out for the next ten years. No doubt he was hit high but it wasn't malicious or hit hard. Only warrants a penalty. But to go down looking OK with eyes open and suddenly pretend to be unconscious and then able to continue the game is the lowest act any footy player could pull.

Second time, the Matai slide was a nothing and Princess was up and about again. The only ones fooled were the commentators.

I think T-Rex will get grade 1, and i believe he has no carry over points/charges so a early plea will see him play. (Correct me if im wrong :))

As for matai, ive seen worse get charged, but hey its matai and he gets targeted.

hopefully its a full roster for the gf

Yeah, I thought that he took a bit of a dive too

I think the NRL has to bring in rules to prevent players from feigning injury (for serious cases, because it could hurt another's career) like they do in soccer. The ones busted for faking it should be fined at the very least. Hurt them in the pocket.

When Kite was dumped on his head, he was concussed and never returned to the field.

When Princess was supposedly badly knocked out, how could he continue to play the remainder of the game without stumbles or disorientation?

In fact, he was nimble enough to almost score another try! Not hard to figure out that he feigned it in an attempt to have refereeing assistance to manipulate their position during the game.

Worst example of poor sportsmanship behaviour. Surely this is bringing the game into disrepute.

Now two players' careers (rare chance of playing in a Grand Final) are jeopardized because of one individual's poor behaviour!

Princess should learn integrity from his skipper because Lockyer would never stoop this low. :mad:

Ramrod said:
[size=medium]Second time, the Matai slide was a nothing and Princess was up and about again. The only ones fooled were the commentators.

Think he got the official too. The way Maxwell went off at Matai was un called for. Said something to Matai about you used knees and look at the damage you did him.

Hopefully we see it confirmed that Matai didn't use his knees at all, which will leave the officials and Yow Yeh the ones that look silly.

In the game tonight Smith hit Locke high and the guy got up relatively quickly and played the ball. If he had've stayed down it would have been a penalty. Love the tough kids who keep trying.

Look, he's not the first and won't be the last player to take a dive and milk a penalty. The NRL and their video referral system enable this type of cat like behaviour.

Ramrod said:
I think the NRL has to bring in rules to prevent players from feigning injury (for serious cases, because it could hurt another's career) like they do in soccer. The ones busted for faking it should be fined at the very least. Hurt them in the pocket.

When Kite was dumped on his head, he was concussed and never returned to the field.

When Princess was supposedly badly knocked out, how could he continue to play the remainder of the game without stumbles or disorientation?

In fact, he was nimble enough to almost score another try! Not hard to figure out that he feigned it in an attempt to have refereeing assistance to manipulate their position during the game.

Worst example of poor sportsmanship behaviour. Surely this is bringing the game into disrepute.

Now two players' careers (rare chance of playing in a Grand Final) are jeopardized because of one individual's poor behaviour!

Princess should learn integrity from his skipper because Lockyer would never stoop this low. :mad:

I think there should be an "injury interchange" rule whereby if a player stays on the ground and stops the clock (thus triggering a review), they are required to leave the field for evaluation by a team doctor.

This will both prevent serious injury and prevent acting because in the case of acting a team interchange is wasted.
It will also encourage legitimate big hits as well.

Thoughts?

Excellent idea NYEagle! Excellent! Send it to media and NRL.

I can't understand how Yow Yeh was knocked out cold by T-Rex but was so not concussed that he was able to play on immediately. I thought concussed players had to be assessed by a doctor before playing on? He was seemingly knocked out and therefore concussion should have been a big concern. Why wasn't he removed from the field?

Contacted the NRL

Brissie Kid I took your advice and emailed the NRL via NRL.com (see below)
Will keep you all posted on feedback I receive
NYEagle

Dear NRL

In light of the two Yow Yeh incidents on Friday night I would like to provide both a comment and a suggestion.
Firstly, to comment, I would like to congratulate the NRL match review committee for the outstanding and accurate handling of the Matai and Williams incidents. This shows that common sense prevails and that rugby leage supporters can look forward to a full strength and exciting NRL grand final next Sunday.

Now for my suggestion:

I am truly concerned that there is an infiltration of overacting of injuries in games to trigger video reviews and penalties in cases where it seems quite clear the injury has been exaggerated. I refer to both the Matai-Yow Yeh and the Quinn incidents just from the weekend. Imagine if one of these penalties were to cost a grand final spot?.

To counter this, I suggest the NRL bring in an "injury interchange" rule whereby if a player stays on the ground after a tackle/contest and stops the clock (thus triggering a video review), they are required to leave the field for evaluation by a team doctor and thus use a team interchange.

I think this will serve to both prevent serious injury to players, and to prevent overacting of injuries because in the latter case a team interchange is wasted. It will also encourage legitimate big hits as well, and be great for the rugby league spectacle. If all 10 team interchanges have been used, the "injury interchange" will still be operational in the interests of player safety.

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Oliver

I think a much easier way is to prevent the video ref from reviewing incidents and leave it to the on field refs. Solved.

Nice in theory. Would also mean players who are hurt won't stay down through fear of being taken off.
There's 5 officials watching. If they miss it it should be play on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6