Primeval - Silvertails' Grand Final Review

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great review.

I agree. I was very disappointed that Max didn't get thanked for everything he has done. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have won on Sunday.

I think I cried at least a couple of times that night: once at 24-0 and again when the siren went.

Now, its time to take trophy 2 next year. Greed is a dangerous thing though lol

Mata your done yourself and all of us Manly supporters proud with that story well done. I would be interested in posting your story in my Manly Website some where down the track with your name to it of course, if your interested please let me know mate dam good read. As I'm wanting start supporters section in the site.

Great replies back also.

40 – Nil!

Now THAT is how you play Rugby League.

Such a clinical, dominant performance by the Maroon & Whites, based on outstanding teamwork - a fantastic display for the Manly supporters, devastating for the Storm supporters.

I haven’t seen many games played closer to perfect than that one - no team would have stopped & overcome Manly that day, and that is the best Grand Final I have ever seen.

After the Storm thrashing the Sea Eagles in last year’s Grand Final by 34 – 8, this year’s revenge is such a sweet demolition to the tune of the biggest Grand Final win in the history of Australian National Rugby League.

[img=400x287]http://www.whaledive.net/assets/other/08Support3e.jpg[/img]

[img=400x330]http://www.whaledive.net/assets/other/08Support3f.jpg[/img]

Maroon & White!

[img=400x299]http://www.whaledive.net/assets/other/08Support5b.jpg[/img]

Had a pretty big one here, even pretty much doubled my money on all my Sports TAB bets that day (although none of my big multis nor footy combos came through), had a few exact margin bets: Manly by 6, Manly by 8, Manly by 22, but not Manly by 40!!! Heh.

Lovin’ it.

It was good to see Max and Scott Penn doing the victory lap.  They finally got their hands on the trophy around 75% of the way around the circuit!

Max and Scott Penn both addressed the fans at Brookie yesterday afternoon. Both gave the credit to the players and the fans, saying it was for them. I was impressed with both in a big way.

I don't think australians would respond well to a big-noting owner such as you see in the EPL, NBA, NFL?

You are dead right with that. The Holmes-a-Court/Crowe thing has been afflicted with egos. What happens in the States is a long way away from Manly, fortunately!!

There was no way the team were going to go for a field goal.  Look back at the Warriors game.  A deadset chance to get two points early from a penalty, Wiki's hold-down, and we went for the try, and got it.  Field goals in the last five minutes are OK, but send a negative message and should be avoided. 

Canteen Worker link said:
You are dead right with that. The Holmes-a-Court/Crowe thing has been afflicted with egos. What happens in the States is a long way away from Manly, fortunately!!
  Max learned quickly not to ride in with trusty steed.

Almost the perfect weekend for me.

Last week I wasnt coming down as I was a bit short on funds. Did a couple of days work and scraped together enough for petrol ( I live in Coffs Harbour) and tickets for me and my old man.  On Friday night I went to the pub with a few mates and slid in a cheeky $10 to the pokies. Somehow I won some mystery prize and out popped $500 yewwwwww. Drove down Saturday and went out in Coogee with some old mates on Saturday night. Went to the A-League and had a look at a few of the odds. Took a liking to Matty Ballin at $34 for first try scorer.

Anyway words cant describe the game. I went spastic when Matty went over for first try. A very nice $340! I went spastic after every try. The lap of honour I was a mess. I basically dry rooted Watmough I think when he came and bear hugged me.

Matabele link said:
That day I witnessed one of my favourite moments of Manly bravado when a rather inebriated Manly fan stood on his chair in front of a bay of jubilant Eels supporters with the score 20 points against us.

He launched into a stirring tirade of Manly’s superiority whilst the Parra horde bayed for his blood which was inevitably drawn when security ejected him from the ground. 

ahh, the memories from that day (that i can remember due to my excess alcohol consumption)...pretty sure Mata you're referring to my mate which just happens to be the son of a ex-Parra player from their last premiership winning side, wearing an old school cliffy #6 wormald jersey at the northern end. We copped a gobful from the westy faithful on our way out, but we all know they wernt going to win the comp that year, and havnt for the last 20 odd years.

Eagle Rock, i was with matabele that day - do you know the words of the'Silvertails' song you lads were singing.

ie "we eat the oyster, you eat the shells" etc

We've got the beach!!!  (That guy was very close to us for the Grand Final this year - was giving it to the Melbourne supporters as they pulled up stumps and left.

The Wheel link said:
Eagle Rock, i was with matabele that day - do you know the words of the'Silvertails' song you lads were singing.

ie \"we eat the oyster, you eat the shells\" etc
  Yeah, I'd love the words to that poem too.  It was brilliant!  It was at the northern end too.

Wheel and Mata, i cant recall those lines, but you may be referring to a different version of the manly warringah (to the tune of waltzing matilda) thats posted on this site..if i come across this song will post up on here.

From memory it included the lines

We swim at beaches, you get the smells
We eat the oysters, leave you the shells

But it went on for a good minute, it was a long recital and he was probably lucky security got to him before the bogans tore him apart. 

Yeah, the Eagle Rock. Get that guy to get in contact with me, either by pm on here or someway else. I promised Dan it would go up in the Songs and Chants section. That was a memorable day at Parra alright.

Some of the other words were:
We live in houses made of bricks
You live in shacks made of sticks
The chorus was
Silvertails, Silvertails, Silvertails.

This has been a 2 year quest to get the words. We actually bumped into the man himself at the club one footy afternoon and he just denied it was him and slunk off as quickly as possible :) Mouse, if you read this pop some of the lyrics in, I'm sure you know some. Thanks all!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7