Price gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The chinless wonder has been rissoled.

Paul MacGregor in.

Had to happen.

LOL. Really ? What do they expect with that roster ?

The only player in their backline worth feeding is BMoz. Dugan has potential but too much baggage. Widdop tries hard and may look better with better talent around him.

This is the start of the Illawarra takeover. Let's face it the St George area is appalling and ought to be demolished. The sooner they move all games and facilities to Wollongong the better. This would enable the airport to expand to cover the flat expanse of Kogarah, Rockdale etc

bones said:
I'm sure Price will cop it on the chin and move on.

Or he'll just turn the other cheek, and hope somebody notices...

Perhaps the Merge should throw the kitchen-sink at Sticky Ricky...He's clearly turned the corner and proven his coaching-genius at last with the Raiders...

RiverEagle said:
bones said:
I'm sure Price will cop it on the chin and move on.

Or he'll just turn the other cheek, and hope somebody notices...

Perhaps the Merge should throw the kitchen-sink at Sticky Ricky...He's clearly turned the corner and proven his coaching-genius at last with the Raiders...

Good call, although they'd need about 2 million to induce Ricky to break his current contract. But to get a coach of his quality it would be money well spent. Maybe even 3 million. Or 4. C'mon saints you know you want to.

Price is paying the price (pardon the pun) for having no decent player other than the bloke on the wing (Morris). Widdop is ok, but without the likes of Melbourne's 'big 3' to play alongside he is up against it. And Benji isn't the answer either (I wouldn't mind betting that being closer to The Footy Show where he can get his head back on TV was a big motivator in his signing with the Dragons).

Good luck to Mary though. A good player in his time with the Steelers and who knows, he may turn out to be a good first grade coach. But with the list he has inherited he's going to struggle for a while.

HoldenV8 said:
Price is paying the price (pardon the pun) for having no decent player other than the bloke on the wing (Morris). Widdop is ok, but without the likes of Melbourne's 'big 3' to play alongside he is up against it. And Benji isn't the answer either (I wouldn't mind betting that being closer to The Footy Show where he can get his head back on TV was a big motivator in his signing with the Dragons).

Good luck to Mary though. A good player in his time with the Steelers and who knows, he may turn out to be a good first grade coach. But with the list he has inherited he's going to struggle for a while.

I think Merrin is as good as any forward in the game today.

Dugan is as good as any fullback on his day.

Nightingale is also a very good player.

I think its the fringe players that let them down, and that where Bellamy is good and Price, well not so good.

Looks like they have added Kevin Proctor for 2015 plus the Myth Marshall.

^ Agree with Bob, especially regarding Merrin. He's carried that pack for years now.
But really, I'm surprised Price has lasted as long as he has. He was always on a hiding to nothing - his appointment was never any more than an interim measure and he's always been under pressure.

I'm really surprised with the timing of this.
The dragons put in their best performance in about a month on the weekend, and they still flick him.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6