1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Press Conference

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Loobs, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,411 / 257
    anyone catch what Baz said to Jurbo (I like that) before the press conference when he had a hot mic? I heard a few f bombs - seemed he was pretty pumped up haha

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    nrl.com takes hours to post it online :swear:

3. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,411 / 257
    I was watching it live and when he first came out he was talking to Jake and mustn't have realised his mic was on. Jake said something like "Killer was in the ice bath so he asked me to do it" and Barrett started talking to him and said a few f bombs but it was all just pumped up positivity, like he sounded just blown away by their effort.

My bloody kid was talking and I couldn't hear it properly @:mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Killer telling Jake to do the press conference after Jake set up the win.

Nothing but admiration for Lyon.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  5. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Although he had a bit of a laugh about it, to see Jake praise the teams effort rather than take accolades from his charge down and regather showed me a true leader.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    I just love hearing Jake talk. His voice just quivers with absolute excitement and love for the game. And as you mentioned @HoldenV8 although you can tell he's excited about his own role he immediately started praising others.

In this day and age where press conferences are so boring and scripted and the players trot out the old 'yeh one game at a time' show no emotion blah blah I just love seeing his wide eyed enthusiasm.

Jake is all heart. And that heart is going to take him to great places.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
  7. Av8r

Av8r Active Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 10
    So tell the disrespectful sprog to shut-up!

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. HoldenV8

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    To me, Jake is an old fashion front rower, an 80 minute player. Greg Alexander said it tonight (and he's said it before) that Jake is the best below the waist tackler in the game and he's 100% correct. I'd go even further and say that he's easily the best defensive forward in the game today be it NRL or the ESL.

The only criticism I have is actually against Barrett for resting him for 20-30 minutes a game. On a day like today where its wet and the track is going to be heavy then sure, but on a dry track I'd have Jake out there as much as possible...i.e. for the entire 80 minutes. He's just a machine and if you ever notice, our defence up the middle gets a fair bit softer when he's not out there.

Its why I keep comparing him to Glenn Lazarus and we all know what sort of career he ended up having.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tragic-Eagles

Tragic-Eagles Tragic Eagle

Ratings:
    +160 / 5
    He is a champion player and a champion person!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Only a young fella perhaps Barrett doesn't want to burn him out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HoldenV8

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    When you've got it, use it.

12. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +949 / 40
    I'm very concerned about how good looking Trent Barrett is. It's the little things like how high that zipper was done up on the jacket. There must be two hundred of those little teeth but somehow he man ages to stop it on just the right one so that it's not too flirty and not too frigid.

GOODNIGHT!

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,077 / 38
    Yeah he's finally learning. Earlier in the season the jacket was often too open, even to the extent that sometimes it wasn't even zipped at all. No surprises we lost so many games. Seems to have corrected the problem, which suggest he is a good coach who learns from his mistakes.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. rifraff

rifraff Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +682 / 19
    Jake playing 80 mins at lock where he can tackle his heart out is where I want him to play.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Freagle

Freagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    Respect that sentiment, but I can't agree - he is twice the player at the back end of the game if he's having a rest after half time. Sure, ten mins rather than twenty five... And lussick is coming on to play lock for that stage, and doing it bloody well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,346 / 56
    Rated Jake on this very site 3 years ago as the future leader of this team.
    The problem with his perfect tackling technique is the fact ....you make a perfect tackle in the current game, then have to get off immediately....
    The new age coaches have players first impact wrap the ball - then 2 more players come in to slow the play ball.... Stops the copybook tackle being dominant... Another poor call in today's game

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,486 / 42
    I love how Jake was the total opposite to his man model coach.Jake looked like he'd been hit by a bus...a cpl of times...dry blood from both nostrils, soaked to the bone still, while this kid and his brother are on the field we are in good hands.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,823 / 53
    I can see him having a career like Lazzo's, with the exceptions that all Jake's premierships will be at the 1 club and he won't go into politics afterwards!

• Like Like x 1