Press Conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was watching it live and when he first came out he was talking to Jake and mustn't have realised his mic was on. Jake said something like "Killer was in the ice bath so he asked me to do it" and Barrett started talking to him and said a few f bombs but it was all just pumped up positivity, like he sounded just blown away by their effort.

My bloody kid was talking and I couldn't hear it properly @:mad:

I just love hearing Jake talk. His voice just quivers with absolute excitement and love for the game. And as you mentioned @HoldenV8 although you can tell he's excited about his own role he immediately started praising others.

In this day and age where press conferences are so boring and scripted and the players trot out the old 'yeh one game at a time' show no emotion blah blah I just love seeing his wide eyed enthusiasm.

Jake is all heart. And that heart is going to take him to great places.

To me, Jake is an old fashion front rower, an 80 minute player. Greg Alexander said it tonight (and he's said it before) that Jake is the best below the waist tackler in the game and he's 100% correct. I'd go even further and say that he's easily the best defensive forward in the game today be it NRL or the ESL.

The only criticism I have is actually against Barrett for resting him for 20-30 minutes a game. On a day like today where its wet and the track is going to be heavy then sure, but on a dry track I'd have Jake out there as much as possible...i.e. for the entire 80 minutes. He's just a machine and if you ever notice, our defence up the middle gets a fair bit softer when he's not out there.

Its why I keep comparing him to Glenn Lazarus and we all know what sort of career he ended up having.

To me, Jake is an old fashion front rower, an 80 minute player. Greg Alexander said it tonight (and he's said it before) that Jake is the best below the waist tackler in the game and he's 100% correct. I'd go even further and say that he's easily the best defensive forward in the game today be it NRL or the ESL.

The only criticism I have is actually against Barrett for resting him for 20-30 minutes a game. On a day like today where its wet and the track is going to be heavy then sure, but on a dry track I'd have Jake out there as much as possible...i.e. for the entire 80 minutes. He's just a machine and if you ever notice, our defence up the middle gets a fair bit softer when he's not out there.

Its why I keep comparing him to Glenn Lazarus and we all know what sort of career he ended up having.

Only a young fella perhaps Barrett doesn't want to burn him out.

I'm very concerned about how good looking Trent Barrett is. It's the little things like how high that zipper was done up on the jacket. There must be two hundred of those little teeth but somehow he man ages to stop it on just the right one so that it's not too flirty and not too frigid.

GOODNIGHT!

Respect that sentiment, but I can't agree - he is twice the player at the back end of the game if he's having a rest after half time. Sure, ten mins rather than twenty five... And lussick is coming on to play lock for that stage, and doing it bloody well.

Rated Jake on this very site 3 years ago as the future leader of this team.
The problem with his perfect tackling technique is the fact ....you make a perfect tackle in the current game, then have to get off immediately....
The new age coaches have players first impact wrap the ball - then 2 more players come in to slow the play ball.... Stops the copybook tackle being dominant... Another poor call in today's game

I love how Jake was the total opposite to his man model coach.Jake looked like he'd been hit by a bus...a cpl of times...dry blood from both nostrils, soaked to the bone still, while this kid and his brother are on the field we are in good hands.

I can see him having a career like Lazzo's, with the exceptions that all Jake's premierships will be at the 1 club and he won't go into politics afterwards!

I would've thought the journo's would have praised Jake for his superb game, but nothing said. Then again I guess we're talking about the media...

Despite a bloody nose, saturated gear on and no doubt pooped, Jake still fronts the media - what a legend :clap: For his efforts, Jake should've earned an early shower before the presser :rock:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7