Premiership contenders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
Anyone think we can win the premiership with the addition of walker? I think we are top 4 for sure. But does anyone think a premiership is actually in our reach? It's amazing to think after the crap year of 2015 to come back so well will be the most satisfying thing in my history with manly.

Waaaaaayyyyy to early to suggest that, good side BUT they have yet to meld on the field.

Top 8 ( if not ZtH needs to be bent over and rammed from behind) , but top 4 is something you build towards.

Too early. But im pretty sure the boys would be disappointed with anything less than top 4 next year. After the first 4-5 rds we will have a better indication but looks promising. Im excited for 2016

Anyone think we can win the premiership with the addition of walker? I think we are top 4 for sure. But does anyone think a premiership is actually in our reach? It's amazing to think after the crap year of 2015 to come back so well will be the most satisfying thing in my history with manly.
Absolutely contenders but the great leveler is injuries.
As is well documented, anything less than top 4 is failure & heads WILL roll - it's a results driven business !:p

If we gel and and no major injuries it's a top 4 for me then anything is possible . Baby steps initionally.

3rd best team in the second half of last year, team has improved on paper.

If we don't get hit by injuries like this year anything less than top 4 is a failure. Anyone in the top 4 is a premiership threat.

Has a first grade first year rookie coach ever guided a team to the silverware?
Off the top of my head,two of every bodies favourite coaches,Ricky and Gus,won in their first year,as well as Trent Robinson,although he coach top grade over in the super league first

So much comes down to Barrett because on paper we should beat all comers! It's a fantastic side...in fact a dream side! If you had told me when we were staring down the barrel of the spoon midway through last season that we'd sign Taupau, Walker, Brown, Lussick, Myles, and sign DCE to a lifetime contract, I would have said you were crazy!

The two biggest questions marks are; our centres (champions, but slow), and Barrett (can he coach?).

If our centres have a good year and Barrett is the real deal then we can certainly win the comp; Trent Robinson won a comp in his first year and no one expected the Roosters to contend.

Last edited:
  • Clever
Reactions: mbe
Let's just see how Walker goes first. He hasn't had a lot of experience in the 6 at NRL level. However he is certainly a better option to what we had before he signed. To be honest I think our success next year will really depend on how Killer and Skivvi go. They aren't getting any younger, and at times this season they were showing that age. Love them both, but it's a young man's game. If they go all red wine on us then happy days, but if they don't then we don't have a lot of depth there esp if Hiku goes as reported.

All in all the team on a whole is looking an improvement on this year's squad, so you would expect that will mean we should be top 8. From there it's injuries, luck and desire.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6