Premier wants to see Brookvale packed to the rafters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Premier Mike Baird has urged Sea Eagles fans to come out in their droves on Friday night and “Fill The Hill” at Brookvale Oval.

Read More

Premier Mike Baird has urged Sea Eagles fans to come out in their droves on Friday night and “Fill The Hill” at Brookvale Oval.

A long-term maroon-and-white tragic, this will be the first home game the Manly MP has attended since he was elevated to the state’s top job following the resignation of Barry O’Farrell in April.

“It’s always a memorable experience coming down to cheer on the Sea ­Eagles at Brookie (Brookvale Oval),” Mr Baird said.

“Hopefully we get as many supporters there as possible, in what I’m sure will be a very tough, but entertaining encounter against the high-flying Bulldogs.”

Sea Eagles general manager David Perry welcomed the Premier’s attendance and echoed his call for supporters to come down and cheer on their heroes.

“We witnessed a thrilling match at Brookie this time last year and I see this as being another one that’s not to be missed.” Mr Perry said.

“There’s no better experience than a full house at Brookvale Oval, so I encourage all our proud members and fans to pack out the stands, fill the hill and cheer the team on.”

Long Reef resident and two-time Sea Eagles premiership-winning coach Des Hasler coaches the ladder leaders from Belmore.

Andrew Prentice
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/premier-wants-to-see-brookvale-packed-to-the-rafters/story-fngr8iii-1226944758355

If he was serious about tonight, he'd appoint a state trust to takeover brookie, then actively implement policies to piss the dogs off. For example revoke their poker machine licences, appoint a state planning panel to re-zone belmore to heavy industrial or a mine, slap tolls on all the roads around Canterbury Bankstown, close all police stations, hospitals and schools in the area etc

Ryan said:
Hed probably lose it in the mud, or accidentally slash it on the rusty fence

You can organise the back-up Bank cheque though eh? ;)

“Hopefully we get as many supporters there as possible, in what I’m sure will be a very tough, but entertaining encounter against the high-flying Bulldogs.”

Eagles can fly high but not Bulldogs...

eelcatcher said:
Heard there was 9235 people there....was the weather that bad?

It was cold and wet. The field was very soggy. I'm sure the weather put a lot of people off who weren't sitting in the stands.

It was a bog but the rain held off.

Baird was there (get our renovations on the go).

Des-picable looked miserable in his box.

The Brookie faithful sounded great through the TV again.....And were well - rewarded for their efforts in the end!

On the hill it was a bog. Without a waterproof blanket, you were in mud. Who would come out to this, instead of sitting at home and watching it live on telly? Not many.

I would every time if I lived nearby...but God foresaw that I was to be a country boy.

Ppl close to Brookie shouldn't take it for granted, oh great one.

It was all rabs and co could talk about for the first 5 mins.

Gee boys....look....it's muddy *repeat x 100 and again at the 20min mark*

eelcatcher said:

Yes, but miraculously it did not rain during the first grade game at all :)

All week we have had cold, windy and constant cloudbursts that just dump rain that you couldn't see through.

The 9k optimists had a rain free, almost error free (33/36 sets) game to cheer; Manly won both halves too :) ; And the NYC won in a good game to boot!

Credit to those who attended, my cousin was stuck watching at home with baby - nearly 2km away - and says the crowd was drowning out her TV.

HappilyManly said:
eelcatcher said:

Yes, but miraculously it did not rain during the first grade game at all :)

All week we have had cold, windy and constant cloudbursts that just dump rain that you couldn't see through.

The 9k optimists had a rain free, almost error free (33/36 sets) game to cheer; Manly won both halves too :) ; And the NYC won in a good game to boot!

It is God's country after all. Though those Dogs tragics claiming we watered Brookie for our benefit, are simply straw dawgs...(clutching at em ).

The bog should've favored the dog...We just outsmarted and out-enthoooosed them in the end!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8