predictions for the suspensions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chris_niko

Reserve Grader
all this waiting around for the results has gotten to me. im happy to take a stab in the dark

hinchcliff - 1 week for the elbow
blair - 4 weeks for the uppercut and 2nd brawl
g stewart - 4 weeks for 2nd brawl too
lussick - 3 weeks (can see him honestly going for a lot longer for those 2 shots on blair in the second fight)
b stewart - 1 week

hope its left as that. hate to see anything happen to foran and robertson who just got in there to break it up

Any suggestion of suspensions for Foran and Robertson are rubbish. If that happens, every player that holds an opposing player during a fight will have to be suspended, starting with Smith who held Lussick while Blair gave him an uppercut.

My guess is:
Brett, Glenn and Blair all two weeks.
Hinchcliffe and Lussick one week.
Foran and Robbo nothing with an early guilty plea.

firechild said:
Any suggestion of suspensions for Foran and Robertson are rubbish. If that happens, every player that holds an opposing player during a fight will have to be suspended, starting with Smith who held Lussick while Blair gave him an uppercut.

exactly. the nrl has to be very careful with his. the last thing they want is some poor guy get the crap beaten out of him cause everyone was too afraid to jump in

A Blair 2-6 weeks for the uppercut on Lussick and verbally enticing second fight.

G Stewart 2-6 weeks for starting second fight with first punch, and continued attack afterward

Lussick 1 week for retaliation in first fight and continued wrestling in second. Silly stuff but has clean record.

Hinchcliffe 1 week for that grubby elbow

Foran, Robbo, B Stewart + others 0 weeks

There is absolutely no evidence of a clenched fist or attack from any of these players at any stage in either fight. Any suspension is as a result of media influence on the NRL and I expect there to be strong appeals.

If there are any competition points docked from Manly or any other suspensions you know this is a witch hunt and a disgrace.

NYEagle said:
A Blair 2-6 weeks for the uppercut on Lussick and verbally enticing second fight.

G Stewart 2-6 weeks for starting second fight with first punch, and continued attack afterward

Lussick 1 week for retaliation in first fight and continued wrestling in second. Silly stuff but has clean record.

There is absolutely no evidence of a clenched fist or attack from any of these players at any stage in either fight. Any suspension is as a result of media influence on the NRL and I expect there to be strong appeals.

If there are any competition points docked from Manly or any other suspensions you know this is a witch hunt and a disgrace.

I think the biggest issue of all is players and officials coming from off the field to join in, in any way shape or form. That is the problem and not the fight, those are the ones that should be scrutinized

Not interested or caring what Storm players get.

Glenn 6 games
Brett 4 games
Lussick 3 games
Foran 1 game
Robbo 1 game

Daniel said:
NYEagle said:

I think the biggest issue of all is players and officials coming from off the field to join in, in any way shape or form. That is the problem and not the fight, those are the ones that should be scrutinized

Hi Dan

Fair comment, but I would leave all that alone. They all got involved simply to avoid the players doing serious harm to each other and they should get a pass.

Maybe this press conference should be all about new policies to handle sendoffs, rather than a witch hunt, but hey, I come from a place of common sense.

NYEagle

NYEagle said:
Maybe this press conference should be all about new policies to handle sendoffs, rather than a witch hunt, but hey, I come from a place of common sense.

NYEagle

Then you're coming from an entirely different place to the NRL, especially when Gallop is doing the talking.

Brett Stewart alledgedly intoxicated at a function 4 weeks. Other players getting pissed and drink driving -nothing. Brett Stewart runs into a melee probably 4 weeks any other player from any other club over the last 100 years nothing. You can guarantee that if this happens the vendetta against Gallop will be apocalyptic.

Whats the bet that Glenn gets 4 weeks, Lussick gets 3 Brett gets 2 Robbo and Foz get 1, just because Gallops has now involved himself in something that should be taken care of by the judiciary and after match commitee. This is an on field incident and should be taken care of by the judiciary, the judiciary should be stating the outcome of the suspensions, i swear to god if Gallop makes the statement ill lose my **** !

Gallop to receive a life time ban from the NRL for being a News Ltd stooge and all round idiot

Rothfield wrote on his blog today that B Stewart is already owed 4 weeks by the NRL as no other players have been suspended for being drunk and they should deduct any suspension from that 4 weeks.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/cut_brookvale_brawlers_some_slack/

I’m of the opinion that the NRL “owes” Brett Stewart a four-week get-out-of-jail card for wrongly suspending him last time. So lets say that runnig 30 metres to worsen the situation is worth six weeks. Give him two weeks, because he’s owed four. He fixes his knee up and he’s back for week two of the finals. Fair enough bloggers?

Phil Rothfield
Mon 29 Aug 11 (08:03am)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8