Preacher 'prepares' Costello

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

[quote author=Dan]
Sure fLIP it doesnt stop until you die, but at the point to which i am referring, there is no brain, there are no lungs, there is nothing but a bunch of multiplying cells, nothing more and nothing less!

First of all, science cannot prove that the brain contains the conscience. At that stage the lungs are not needed, it has what it needs to survive at that point in time. As an evolutionist you will understand that.

As for whether I would have liked to have been aborted, the obvious answer is no, but I have perspective, i have reasoning I have a brain and I have life.

But according to you, you didn't have all those once either. Tell me, what was your first memory like when your heart started beating or your lungs fully developed. How about your first day at home, what was that like?

An aborted fetus has none of those and does not even have a consciousness, it wouldnt know it was aborted and it would never have hindsight or foresight in the matter.

Do you think you would know you were being murdered when you were a week old?

With regards to my previous point, until it can be proven where the conscience resides and originates from you cannot use that as a excuse for terminating a pregnancy.

You are defining consciousness by an organisms ability to live outside the womb when in every hosptial over the planet there a people in comas hooked up too life support who have no brain activity yet can still listen to converstations and have memory of them upon waking. Does that sound like a person who should die?

When you eat an egg, do you feel like you are killing a chicken?

Sure an egg is unfertilised but I hope you can read enough into it get my point

Thats a terrible comparison. As you pointed out an egg isn't fertilised and thus I wouldn't be killing anything. And no, I don't eat chicken fetus.

[/quote]

fLIP...there is no brain at that point, that take a lot longer in the process to develop.

but fLIP memory does not define consciousness. Just because I don't remember being born, or the first day at home doesnt mean I was not conscious and aware.

When we talk about aborted fetus generally and yes there are exceptions, we are not talking about a life, the fetus can not live outside the womb and therefore is not a living thing, it is a part of the females body.

You have to remove the image in your head of a bouncing baby and understand what it is at that point.

And despite your personaly distaste in it, it is not your decision to make if say I wanted to have an abortion if my partner was pregnant, how is it your right, or your decision to take that decision away from me?

This is democracy and by taking away peoples right to choose and having the government control us and the choices we can make, you no longer have a democracy but instead you have a dictatorship,

That is my fundamental dislike for this kind of lobby and governement legislation, the right is mine to choose not for you to take away the choice for me

Oh and that example is not as terrible as you think. i am asking you to see past the initial flaw of the chicken egg being unfertilised and understand the implications and ramifications of having chikens lay unfertilised eggs.

I also think you should read up on the eggs you eat a little bit more ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_%28food%29

And despite your personaly distaste in it, it is not your decision to make if say I wanted to have an abortion if my partner was pregnant, how is it your right, or your decision to take that decision away from me?

This is democracy and by taking away peoples right to choose and having the government control us and the choices we can make, you no longer have a democracy but instead you have a dictatorship,

That is my fundamental dislike for this kind of lobby and governement legislation, the right is mine to choose not for you to take away the choice for me

So let's assume one day you have kids and the local paedophile gets hold of them and rodgers them when they're, say, 5 years old.

I guess it's his right to choose hey?

Oh and that example is not as terrible as you think. i am asking you to see past the initial flaw of the chicken egg being unfertilised and understand the implications and ramifications of having chikens lay unfertilised eggs.

You're not seriously trying to argue that an egg is alive? :lol: ;)

And can we stop comparing produce to human infants, its just not on the same level.

As for getting my head around it I just can't i'm sorry. People go out, get pissing root someone they don't know and when its too late they just abort the child. I'll never get my head around that.

[quote author=Dan]

And can we stop comparing produce to human infants, its just not on the same level.

As for getting my head around it I just can't i'm sorry. People go out, get pissing root someone they don't know and when its too late they just abort the child. I'll never get my head around that.

[/quote]

Flip, do you have kids? Have you ever been in the above situation? Are you a woman?

My GF lost a child 2 months in about 5 years ago. It wasn't planned and no we had no money but I wouldn't ever consider taking someone elses life or previnting the posibility of their life because of my mistakes.

Heh... I'm hoping that this is just another time where you write something without being as exact as we would all hope. Or did you really mean to write "me" as opposed to "us"?

Anyway, I agree with you, basically. What I don't agree with is how you continue to try and make things so cut and dried. As fLIP said, we don't even know what/where consciousness 'is', so how can you say that a fetus doesn't have it? You just don't know this and saying otherwise is PURE SPECULATION.

[quote author=Dan]

[/quote]

I am going to answer a few in one here but will quote you fLIP because you and I have been discussing the whole way.

but first.

Matas: only a sick mind would draw that paralell.
the comparison is so far off it is is almost sickening. Sure we should legislate against something that 99.9% of the population agrees to being wrong. Abortionis more of a down the middle split, and on a completely different level to kiddy fiddlers.

Narc: yes substitute me for us whereer fits best, if there are two was to take something likely I meant the better of the two.

fLIP, what makes a human life more valuable than that of "produce"? I think your answer here may crash down a few walls!

To be honest with you I don't find any life any more important. Lets get this straight, and EGG IS NOT LIFE!

If I have a cockroach in my house I put it outside, same with spiders (little ones) however I do eat meat although I would never kill it (I don't fish).

BTW, nice try with mata's tacktic. If I can't answer then I'll as a completley irelivant question.

You tell me the difference between killing a child and a chicken?

the comparison is so far off it is is almost sickening. Sure we should legislate against something that 99.9% of the population agrees to being wrong. Abortionis more of a down the middle split, and on a completely different level to kiddy fiddlers.

So lets just say that a new fetus, even after its first division has a conscience. It can't be proven that it doesn't so lets throw a hypothetical out there.

Whats the difference between Murder and Rape?

No Dan - your argument was that people had NO right to make your decisions for you. Therefore you have NO right to declare that kiddy fiddling is wrong.

Unless of course we all agree that popular opinion becomes the yardstick by which our rights are measured.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8