1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre game meeting place near Leichhardt Oval ?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Shaka1eye, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Shaka1eye

Shaka1eye Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +91 / 11
    Heading down to Sydney to watch my first live game of the year. Just wondering if there is a Manly friendly pub near the ground where like-minded Manly Supportahs hang out?

2. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    This was posted in another thread by "Brookie4Eva" who travels with "Jono", "Wolfpack", "Bones" and the rest of the "Push it up" crew.

"Woo Hoo, I just found Orange Grove Hotel on Balmain Rd, will likely be chockers but worth a look. "

So may be worth heading there - only about an 8 - 10 min walk from the ground?

3. Shaka1eye

Shaka1eye Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +91 / 11
    Thanks Vid. Hope to see you at the game.?

4. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    The Orange Peel is the nearest and just about the only pub nearby, it is a bit dodgy. It has a thai restaurant also

5. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    Not quite sure how Miss Kate would know anything about dodgy pubs...

Kate - is that the best bet d'you reckon for those travelling in looking for a catch-up close?

I know there are a few meeting in China Town and then getting the light rail in and will no doubt be aiming to head there.

I'm coming in on the supporters bus with a few mates...dependant upon what time we get there we'll be keen to catch up for a quick one or if we're a little later we'll head straight in and find everyone on the Hill.

6. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    ...a bit dodgy! That's being polite,
    Safety in numbers I spose.