1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PRANK - Manly signs Matt Orford (not)

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by IloveMattO, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IloveMattO

IloveMattO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PRANK

Manly Sea Eagles Sign Matt Orford
    By Des Toovey

The Manly Sea Eagles have today announced the signing of Matt Orford to a three-year contract.

Orford , 27, is an international class halfback who has been on the verge of selection for Australia and New South Wales since 2002. Orford has played three City/Country Origin matches for the bushies and has been a seasoned first grader, playing 110 First Grade games with the Storm since 2001 , scoring 48 tries and kicking 309 goals.

“Matt is a very talented footballer and is a group leader which is the type of player we want to attract to Manly,� Manly coach Des Hasler said today.

“He is a quality human being and will be taking a leadership role both on and off the field for the Sea Eagles Club over the next three seasons.

“He is a young man with a wealth of experience and a bright future in front of him and we are delighted he will be playing for the silvertails for the next three years.�

Despite the move to Sydney Orford is philosophical about his future rep career. "I guess I don't sleep with the right people to get selected" Orford said. " I mean look how Noddy's career took off after teaming up with Chris Anderson. Freddie and Gus , Fitzgibbon and Stuart , Gordie and Wayno , the list goes on. I have no plans on bending to be Beckham so to speak."

Orford is playing for match payments only , however the Delmege Group is building Orford his own 28 unit apartment complex on The Corso at Manly Beach. Named the Orford Towers , Matt's only other current neighbour at this stage appears to be Steven Bell , whom Manly also look like signing in the near future. Bell's name is on the deeds to 6 of the units.

Orford will be given a three month crash course on being a whinger over the off season in a bid to fit the traditional Manly halfback role. "I have allot to live up to in the whinging stakes , some great whingers of the game in Toovey , Hasler and Monoghan have all worn the number 7 at Manly." Orford said. "If I can turn out to be half the nagging bitch that Toovs was I will have settled in well."

2. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    YOU ****IN BEAUTY ,NO MORE MONAS WOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOO

3. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    SHOULD HAVE READ THE ARTICLE FIRST SHOULDNT I

4. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Funny- very much like the one posted on the Roosters site re. Anasta and him taking ownership of several pokies and a fleet of cars at the Roosters.
    You must have a bit of spare time on your hands IloveMattO!

5. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can't have that load back.

6. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Thats funny ****

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Des Toovey?

I didn't read beyond that.

8. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    soon as i posted i noticed des toovey and rolled my eyes that i suckered for it.

9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Could have sworn Geoff Hasler said yesterday evening that there was no room for orford under the cap here.

10. IloveMattO

IloveMattO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same author mate.

11. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Just out of curiousity (seing as you are anon. anyway) which club do you support IloveMattO?

12. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Clever stuff. We needed a good laugh. Kane and Matai tried there best to impersanate NRL players last Friday night, but this is funnier :)

13. gotsy

gotsy Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Look at IloveMattO... he is a new member with only 2 posts. There is no way i will beleive him just yet. I have looked at the NRL website and a few other ones, and none have showed mentioned orford signing with manly... This guy is a joke.

14. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    gotsy must be Sherlock - surely.

15. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    will be a shame if Michael Delmage loses the captaincy!

16. IloveMattO

IloveMattO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Roosters.

17. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Did you jump on the bandwagon in the last five years or are you more hardcore than that?

18. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I bet he wasn't arounfd in the transit lounge days

19. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I've never met a Rooster supporter that was.

20. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Theres no way we would have jumped on the Sea Eagles bandwagon with the last 5 years :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.