1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power of Attorney

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Jatz Crackers, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Just wondering (on the remote chance) if anyone here has operated in this capacity and specifically, if anyone has experienced trouble with siblings wanting to cause legal turmoil by making application for guardianship ?

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Guardianship yes. But power of attorney no. I have some basic experience in the area though.

Probably something I would prefer to discuss with you outside of the public eye pete. So send me a pm or give me a call tomorrow.

3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
  4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Just got off a flight home. Call you tomorrow.

5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    Jatz

I was POA for my mother when she contracted Dementia and before she passed away...it's not an easy thing, I have two brothers (both older) who didn't agree with some of the things I chose to do (such as moving her to a nursing home). In the end it was the right decision as none of us could have handled her...but I must say a tough job.

Feel free to e-mail me if you wish to get a view mark@ambassadorholidays.com.au