Powderpuffs to intimidators....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
So much to anticipate leading into the 2016 season , but really can't wait to see the Manly pack step up & have teams worried in the trenches, winning back that tough middle reputation that has recently gone missing.
In 2015 opposition teams were just dominating & having a laugh in most games.
Really expect the old steely experience of Myles, mixed with the raw power of Kapow will already have teams booking a day off after their Manly clash this year, particularly adding the enforcer Lussick to rattle a few cages & the already powerful defender Trjobovic to step up again mixed with these boys.
There will always be a variation of expectation leading up to a new season, but there's no doubt with the recruitment - this side now has the potential to earn back respect in the trenches.

The day the tigers steam rolled our forwards was the lowest of days. We were not Manly that day. I expect attitude in defense to define our season.

We don't normally look to pre-season scores to gauge NRL form. Why? Firstly, because it's largely a story of our reserves playing their reserves.

This was also largely the story of last year's NRL season - except our reserves were playing their firsts.

Getting a firsts team on the field again will be a very welcome change. And our firsts this year appear (on paper) mouth-wateringly stronger than our firsts last year.

Let's not get too carried away, we'll be better than last year for sure, but I don't think we'll be quite in the "most feared" pack discussions just yet. If we can hold our own against the better forward packs then that will be a massive step up from last year, and given the quality of our backline holding our own is all we need to do in the middle, anything more is a bonus.

We don't normally look to pre-season scores to gauge NRL form. Why? Firstly, because it's largely a story of our reserves playing their reserves.

This was also largely the story of last year's NRL season - except our reserves were playing their firsts.

Getting a firsts team on the field again will be a very welcome change. And our firsts this year appear (on paper) mouth-wateringly stronger than our firsts last year.
Agreed. Thanks to Fozzy Bear for leaving so we could spend money on our pack :)

Don't forget the "powderpuffs" were a team ravaged by injury for 2/3 of the season & missed out by one game from getting into the finals..
Maybe...but from game 1 against the Eels the pack was monstered...even at "Full strength" it lacked any intimidation...I mean who was out injured that had the mongrel of these new boys anyway?? Starling or Lawrence- better options yes...intimidators - No

Hasson is in Maxta's full strength team over Buhrer and Starling

Maybe the goat photos have some fans in them as well

Hasson is in Maxta's full strength team over Buhrer and Starling

Maybe the goat photos have some fans in them as well
Hopefully a stitch up there Fluffy......Buhrer in truth would be in my 17 everyday & Starling , though not a massive fan...has Castrol Hasson covered all day.
Gotta see these goat photos... so I get what everyone is talking about...
If I was to leave Buhrer out it is purely injury related & Starling.....lucky to make my 17 , simple as that.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7