Postcards from home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan said:
globaleagle said:
^That's because few people venture outside the footy forum.

Tis a pity for sure.

Your creek looks brown, is it full of xxxx beer?

This is true, we should brainstorm on ways to change the forum behavior

Ban them all I say! But I admit, I have tried to think of ways to expand the forum-ites viewing habits. (rather than posting in footy forum and then asking jethro to move it.)

RiverEagle said:
globaleagle said:
^That's because few people venture outside the footy forum.

Tis a pity for sure.

Your creek looks brown, is it full of xxxx beer?

Lol. No global if it were beer it would be VB or Tooheys (maybe Carlton Draught) but definitely not XXXX mate.

And it's actually a river, thank you.

With so much rain we get the silt deposits stirred up, I'm assuming. It can go various colours (slate, for example).

I'll get some pics from a different vantage point soon, just to show the size of the RIVER better.

Lol.

hahaha....well I just meant xxxx as I assume it's made from dirty creek water! I should've said river, not creek. Oh go cry me a creek! lol

Good fishing to be had, especially in the Spring.
Not so good in winter, but cod, golden perch...the odd trout or catfish even. As well as crayfish if you're lucky old mate.

I've got a good mate, lives next door, that often has a pot in (for cray and yabbies). And quite a few of us have used bait or lures with varying success.

I haven't dropped a line in for some time now though.

EDIT: And I have removed the reference to Adolf there @Alan

Sensing my best mate is unimpressed with that moniker...?

Sorry old mate if that bothered you!

RiverEagle said:
Good fishing to be had, especially in the Spring.
Not so good in winter, but cod, golden perch...the odd trout or catfish even. As well as crayfish if you're lucky old mate.

I've got a good mate, lives next door, that often has a pot in (for cray and yabbies). And quite a few of us have used bait or lures with varying success.

I haven't dropped a line in for some time now though.

EDIT: And I have removed the reference to Adolf there @Alan

Sensing my best mate is unimpressed with that moniker...?

Sorry old mate if that bothered you!

No worries mate, as I told you before, I'm too old and too ugly to give a toss.

Well that makes two of us mate!

As for global's query on how to get more ppl over here...it's obvious.

Just as GE said, free beer (or chardy for the ladies that prefer!)

We just need to convince Dan, guys.

RiverEagle said:
Well that makes two of us mate!

As for global's query on how to get more ppl over here...it's obvious.

Just as GE said, free beer (or chardy for the ladies that prefer!)

We just need to convince Dan, guys.

Tell them there are nude moose photos.

Today I had to go to Amstel Station not something I do often, it's a small station but as I was on foot I thought I'd snap a typical amsterdam photo of a bike parking section. This is small in comparison to centraal or some of the others you see

Wow, imagine the centraal bike-racks then!

AND the ''fun'' at knock-off or peak-hour; both finding and departing on said bike...!

I'll walk up to centraal later in the week at lunch but there are two spots there, one is a multi level one with hoists as well. Utrecht has quite few as welll actually if I get a chance tomorrow I'll go up to muiderport station near my house it's only small bike wise but it has the hoist things there which are cool.

I've been here less than a year and I'm so used to bikes being everywhere that the ones above don't come across as "lots of bikes" to me.

Any given street has bikes lining the walls and curbs. The bike paths are wider than the gfootpaths, pedestrians are scum, second only to cars in the scum stakes.

Actually because I'm realistic about my actual chances of having time to walk up to centraal and the fact I avoid it like the plague (I have a train trip to Belgium later in the week,I'll get there 5 mins before my train get straight in and go. )

Here are some pictures from the internet of one section of the centraal station bike storage

Funny story, schipol airport has secure parking for bikes, you can lock them in these safe boxes and catch your flight, you often see people riding and dragging a suitcase behind

You'll also not that bikes are completely different to anything we would buy. You sit upright and they all look like something from the 1940's. I personally ride an omafiets or "old ladies bike" most ppl do I chose it so I wouldn't kick Matilda upside the head every time I got on it with her on the back. Cost me €100 second hand I wouldn't have paid $20 for it at home, pedal breaks,no gears but the thing flies and gets me where I need to be.

I had a pic of it once and some Aussie friends asked when I was getting a men's bike. All my amsterdam and Dutch friends were like "they just don't understand" haha

@Dan send that bike photo to the Sydney Lord Mayor, She would classify it as erotica.

Motto of the story is "don't get in an arse kicking contest" with a dutchman

Alan said:
@Dan send that bike photo to the Sydney Lord Mayor, She would classify it as erotica.

Motto of the story is "don't get in an arse kicking contest" with a dutchman

They are so bloody tall you would be flat out hitting their ass with your foot

Hey Guys
I heard about the Nude Women and free Beers......oh well, here is some pics of The Manning River at Taree where I live, with some of my Bikes that I design and get built......is that a sensational segue or what between the OP and Dans Bike city

Bugger,
does anybody know how to turn those photos right way up

hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
Hey Guys
I heard about the Nude Women and free Beers......oh well, here is some pics of The Manning River at Taree where I live, with some of my Bikes that I design and get built......is that a sensational segue or what between the OP and Dans Bike city

Bugger,

No but if you lie on the couch they're fine. @Dan will take a dozen.

By the way that was nude mooses.

Hey Guys

Bugger,

Not me mate, but sure looks like a nice spot!

As for the free beer etc., we are workin' on that.

But global can get those naked moose shots for ya, I'm sure!

nude mooses, I believe they are very Horny (oh my god I don't believe I just typed that)......as for Taree, mate it is a beautiful area, I moved up here from Sydney about 16 Years ago

Alan said:
Hey Guys

Bugger,

No but if you lie on the couch they're fine. @Dan will take a dozen.

By the way that was nude mooses.

HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!

And I believe my river (the Murrumbidgee) is bigger than yours (the Manning) HB...But what's a few mega-litres between friends!

Perhaps @Dan or @globaleagle can help with the pic problem.

RiverEagle said:
And I believe my river (the Murrumbidgee) is bigger than yours (the Manning) HB...But what's a few mega-litres between friends!

Perhaps @Dan or @globaleagle can help with the pic problem.

My banana is bigger than yours.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8