Postcards from home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nice shot. I had an unfair advantage. I live in Amsterdam.

Here are so snaps I took on my ride home with Matilda just now. I rode from the old south to my home in the east. I only thought to take a pic just around the corner from my house, despite crossing the Amstel... Sheesh

There are a few pics of the view from my office and the palace which is next door to our office.

Interesting story in the pics you will see De bijenkorf building, today there was a bomb threat and the entire dam square including our office was evacuated. I worked from home today because the 15 min cycle just felt too long haha.

I've got plenty more awesome photos.

Hope you like the one of our "car" or as Matilda calls it her "bike house" haha

Both of those posts (and pics) are wonderful !

It's wet, windy and occasionally wild here in Wagga Wagga.

But if we get some sun on the weekend I'll definitely take some snaps to post.

Lots of beauty in the Riverina to share; and I hope others from different regions share some too.

Outside....

modern-igloo_4278.jpg

Inside:

igloo_bar.jpg

edit: @Alan where'd the beach go? And "please" lolololol *cough*

thought I should be serious....once

gJKJG8w.jpg

DMIlxhI.jpg

@globaleagle The beach comes and goes, we call it the "tide" I'll take a couple of photos next time the ocean is angry and you'll see the contrast.

It is however the perfect beach for me to do patrols ... only a short walk to the water.

I was meant to be on a canal boat with some clients yesterday but had to come take care of Matilda so I couldn't take the photos I had hoped, was a great afternoon too. Shame

Lucky for you Dan....as it was actually c-anal and not canal!

posted before but GE playing possum whilst being sniffed by a great big polar bear!!!!!

WZ8f31I.jpg

Polar bear after taming....

RpNCjXs.jpg

Nightime at the local 'mall'

2gN2oIj.jpg

And a frozen friggen massive lake!!!! People have fires on these things! (And today it was full of boats, and canoes, etc)

Seasons are weird!

UenanrQ.jpg

This is literally over the road from where I live, and I'm still in the middle of the city.

Apologies for my phone-camera skills; and the lack of sunshine today.

Looking back from the Murrumbidgee to where I live.

And a few more very close to home.

Not sure how to resize these the best (from smart-phone to Google Chrome Book) but I hope they give a little insight into local living in Wagga Wagga.

I'm a five minute walk from the CBD too!

^ I'm not sure what the deal is, but when I enlarge your pics, they look like you've taken photos of little models!

globaleagle said:
^ I'm not sure what the deal is, but when I enlarge your pics, they look like you've taken photos of little models!

Just did it too...

Do you mean those weird links under the pics mate?

I get the same when enlarging @Dan's pics too.

I used the postimg.org app here to upload my pics...Am wondering if it's built in or something?

Bit odd and perhaps @Dan can explain?

Or do you just mean the scale of the pics mate?

Used my phone to take the pics so maybe the transfer isn't the best.

Please explain...lol!

Nah, not the links (I don't see any links actually), I just mean it's like there's a special effect on the pic so the one of the bridge looks like it's a little model bridge.

I don't think anything is wrong, maybe it's the air in wagga wagga! :):p

Midnight in Amsterdam....Dan will be beddy bye byes

Oh ok.

Those links are very weird if you haven't seen em mate.

When I enlarge on my phone they look pretty good. And same on my notebook, so not sure why that effect is occuring .

I would like some tips there to enhance the upload so to speak; plus some sunshine!

Alas not today again.

Cold damp squid day again for Wagga Wagga!

globaleagle said:

Yeah so on my GoogleChromeBook now mate...

Enlarging my pics they just look a tad blurry, but that's just the pixelation from my average I-Phone.

The links beneath the pics are for Asian, Russian, even Slavic dating agencies, no sh1t!

Plus body-building and modelling stuff.

Quite weird actually.

AND, as a serious side-note...As a Premium member, why are those links (which are basically ads) there at all???

I use posting.org to reduce the storage and bandwidth on the site.

There was a request for better image uploading capabilities a few months ago, the best balance I could find was postimg instead of using post attachments

Fair enough @Dan

What's the best resize to select for uploading with that app then mate?

Just for maximum clarity and minimum fuss for the site, I mean.

Once it goes to that sites it's irrelevant as it doesn't really effect the site

So it's wet and cold again this weekend, but we had a glorious day on Friday.

Some of these pics remind me of postcards or calender shots, from Kakadu or the likes.

Bit disappointed more people haven't posted pics here, but not to worry!

globaleagle said:
^That's because few people venture outside the footy forum.

Tis a pity for sure.

Your creek looks brown, is it full of xxxx beer?

This is true, we should brainstorm on ways to change the forum behavior

globaleagle said:
^That's because few people venture outside the footy forum.

Tis a pity for sure.

Your creek looks brown, is it full of xxxx beer?

Lol. No global if it were beer it would be VB or Tooheys (maybe Carlton Draught) but definitely not XXXX mate.

And it's actually a river, thank you.

With so much rain we get the silt deposits stirred up, I'm assuming. It can go various colours (slate, for example).

I'll get some pics from a different vantage point soon, just to show the size of the RIVER better.

Lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4