Post 10,000 and thanks Dan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Meh!
@globaleagle???
He ain't funny. Maybe to look at ...but that's about it. :p
If he does say something funny it's usually one of my jokes being recycled :p

I instantly have respect for anyone willing to put up their mug as their avatar; you've got nothing to hide, you're just an honest and genuine Manly supporter.

Yep that's me mate, grey hair on the sides and limited in the top, just short of 60 and nothing to hide.

I enjoy almost everyone's posts as well, always have a laugh @niccipops , and in fact love all the ladies who post on here, @HappilyManly and @MissKate ( both were MWTS regulars ), and we have a relative newbie but going well in @JenEagle , all the girls tend to be a little less " harsh" and I think we could all take a leaf out of their books at times.

I usually post on my IPhone and unless I actually look I have no idea of my post count but I was using my wife's IPad this morning and saw I was on 9996, so thought I should write something prophetic for number 10,000.

I'm also passing DSM5 , who it seems hasn't posted for a number of years, sadly as he's such an important part of Silvertails.

I'll never forget his insights from the Brett Stewart trial, at the time we hung on to every word he typed.

He joined me on a few MWTS trips as well ( as did many other Silvertailers) , top guy, come back soon buddy!!

There's many on here I've met, many I'd like to, and a few rub me up the wrong way, especially that @globaleagle ....Lol, all good mate you are hilarious at times!!

I've posted a lot lately as we are in Moree minding the grandkids whilst the son in law has his cancer treatment , but we are having a big break soon and as I'll be way out west ( where the sun don't shine!!) there will be limited access to the internet so you'll just have to survive without my quality insights!!

AND, my absence usually coincides with Manly having a run of wins, so fingers crossed !

I joined ST in 2008, after our Grand Final win and 7 years later it's still mostly fun, although I do waste a lot of time on here ( so my wife reckons).

I would really like to say a big thanks to @Dan , I know he gets thanked often but not often enough. The time , money and angst that he has invested in this is just a huge effort , most of us would not have hung in there for as long and especially that he now lives on the other side of the world.

So thanks again Dan, and to everyone else that makes up this little community, have a great day.
I would consider that you now have tenure and can say whatever the hell you want hahaha.

Thank you for all of your input on the forum Mark and congrats on your 10,000th post, that is awesome.....!

Sorry to hear about your son in law Mark, that is tough, so young, I hope he pulls through ok. Best wishes to you and your family.

I usually post on my IPhone and unless I actually look I have no idea of my post count but I was using my wife's IPad this morning and saw I was on 9996, so thought I should write something prophetic for number 10,000.

I'm also passing DSM5 , who it seems hasn't posted for a number of years, sadly as he's such an important part of Silvertails.

I'll never forget his insights from the Brett Stewart trial, at the time we hung on to every word he typed.

He joined me on a few MWTS trips as well ( as did many other Silvertailers) , top guy, come back soon buddy!!

There's many on here I've met, many I'd like to, and a few rub me up the wrong way, especially that @globaleagle ....Lol, all good mate you are hilarious at times!!

I've posted a lot lately as we are in Moree minding the grandkids whilst the son in law has his cancer treatment , but we are having a big break soon and as I'll be way out west ( where the sun don't shine!!) there will be limited access to the internet so you'll just have to survive without my quality insights!!

AND, my absence usually coincides with Manly having a run of wins, so fingers crossed !

I joined ST in 2008, after our Grand Final win and 7 years later it's still mostly fun, although I do waste a lot of time on here ( so my wife reckons).

I would really like to say a big thanks to @Dan , I know he gets thanked often but not often enough. The time , money and angst that he has invested in this is just a huge effort , most of us would not have hung in there for as long and especially that he now lives on the other side of the world.

So thanks again Dan, and to everyone else that makes up this little community, have a great day.
Nice one Mark...I always enjoy our posts, especially when you let drop that you are sitting by a fire somewhere having a few cold brews from the eskie! Looking forward to the next 10,000 - posts that is not brews...although.....

Last edited:
Great post Mark! One of the great Manly supporters and it was a pleasure to meet you a few years ago when you were organising the travelling supporters group. Always value your posts.

It's all good fun mate, although at times some take it a tad too seriously.
:) heart on sleeve syndrome. We are all guilty at times. Myself especially. Then at other times its fun just to troll people humorously :giggle:

Always a pleasure reading/liking/debating/paying out on your posts mark. Keep it up!

PS I may catch you if I keep up the current rate of 500 a month lol. The missus got stuck into me last month though @:rolleyes:

PPS Good luck with your son in law and best wishes

Nothing quite like sitting out west somewhere, beside a river, line in, yabbie pot in, open fire crackling and a tinnie ( yep I use those when on the rough roads) in hand.

No internet, but this year I invested in a Sat TV set up, and bring along my second Foxtel box from home and away we go, State of Origin in the middle of nowhere!!

So I'm getting my post count up before I go into the wilderness ( leave Brissie 18th May), I'll be in and out of coverage though so missing in action on an occasional basis.

..I can only imagine how many trolls Mark has seen come and go.

I think you should do a top 5 mate and I'm gonna be very disappointed if Mr I doesn't get a jersey. Surely he was the Elvis of trolls. :rofl:

Enjoy the trip and here's to some positive news with you son in law. Don't be a stranger.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6