1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Positives from last night.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by niccipops, Mar 15, 2009.

1. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Yes, the first half was an absolute write off for the Eagle boys, but the weather and the penalty count didn't help.
    Second half: 12 all,with the Sea Eagles disallowed 2 tries.
    The team did not throw in the towel.
    Glenn Stewart played an awesome game despite a week of family hell.
    Kite played well as usual.
    LeStrange was highly effective off the bench.
    There's a few things to work on but plenty positives in the eye of the storm.

2. ants

ants Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Matai had a strong game, taking the ball back and making good metres.  Good to see him get through a game without grabbing at his neck - hopefully he can stay injury free.  No ill-discipline either!

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I thought Lyon played fairly well too

About the only positive i can draw from that game is that footy is back. I know we will improve big time a least

4. Pearso

Pearso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Was working so didn't get to see the game. Good to hear Glen played well.

5. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There were a few penalties that we shouldn't had got i thought but the dogs were the better side on the night.

6. DD1986

DD1986 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought George Rose made some good runs and good tackles. Nice return after over a year out of first grade.

7. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I am thrilled for him that he is back but every tackle he is involved in I look at his legs hoping they are alright. I can't get that horrible image out of my head.

8. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I am thrilled for him that he is back but every tackle he is involved in I look at his legs hoping they are alright. I can't get that horrible image out of my head.
    [/quote]

I hope he's taking lots of calcium supplements to strengthen his bones.

9. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 1
    [/quote]

I hope he's taking lots of calcium supplements to strengthen his bones.
    [/quote]

I am sure George has his fair share of Big M's

10. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    The Dogs were the better team on the night. I also thought that Watmough was MIA....

11. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Only positive was that nobody drowned.

Or got injured.

12. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Goldie, really everybody went MIA.

13. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,746 / 258
    Yes but Choc was a little more MIA than most!!

His last two games (Grand Final and WCC) were sensational, last Saturday he just didn't turn up, hope he's back to his damaging form this week.

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    It was interesting about Choc.  I know his imput was lousy, but that backline of ours was so out of sorts all night, it wasn't even close.  What Choc needs is fast guys coming of that play of his when he runs out wide and holds up the pass for a quick guy to run through a gap.  That just didn't happen.  Maybe he misses Brett more than most?  Do we really like playing in the rain?  I've always thought we play much better on a firm track.   

15. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Positive
    The Jumpers looked good

16. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The only positive was we are now one week closer to stewy coming back.

17. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    The boys started off very well. Making good strong metres and keeping the Dogs pinned in their own half. After ten minutes though they lost focus and the first half turned out dreadful.

Poor discipline and extreme weather worked against them. While wet weather doesn't allow for superstar plays, if a team is in your half it does make it easier for them to barge their way over the tryline. Field position was vital and our discipline cost us.

Always good to see a team peg their way back after a poor first half but overall it was a poor performance.

Poor form from Matt Ballin. Kneeing a player is really looked down upon and he will miss a fair bit of time.

With our upcoming match scheduled for Sunday afternoon at home we will have a great chance to post a win this week. Weather should be fine and the Warriors will be a good test for our skill and power.

18. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    According to the NRL site Kite wasn't charged, Ballin was charged with grade one striking but will get off with an early guilty plea.