Positives from last night.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Yes, the first half was an absolute write off for the Eagle boys, but the weather and the penalty count didn't help.
Second half: 12 all,with the Sea Eagles disallowed 2 tries.
The team did not throw in the towel.
Glenn Stewart played an awesome game despite a week of family hell.
Kite played well as usual.
LeStrange was highly effective off the bench.
There's a few things to work on but plenty positives in the eye of the storm.

Matai had a strong game, taking the ball back and making good metres.  Good to see him get through a game without grabbing at his neck - hopefully he can stay injury free.  No ill-discipline either!

I thought Lyon played fairly well too

About the only positive i can draw from that game is that footy is back. I know we will improve big time a least

I thought George Rose made some good runs and good tackles. Nice return after over a year out of first grade.

DD1986 link said:
I thought George Rose made some good runs and good tackles. Nice return after over a year out of first grade.
I am thrilled for him that he is back but every tackle he is involved in I look at his legs hoping they are alright. I can't get that horrible image out of my head.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=DD1986 link=topic=179650.msg212928#msg212928 date=1237157344]
I am thrilled for him that he is back but every tackle he is involved in I look at his legs hoping they are alright. I can't get that horrible image out of my head.
[/quote]

I hope he's taking lots of calcium supplements to strengthen his bones.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=179650.msg212940#msg212940 date=1237158709]
[quote author=DD1986 link=topic=179650.msg212928#msg212928 date=1237157344]
[/quote]

I hope he's taking lots of calcium supplements to strengthen his bones.
[/quote]

I am sure George has his fair share of Big M's

Yes but Choc was a little more MIA than most!!

His last two games (Grand Final and WCC) were sensational, last Saturday he just didn't turn up, hope he's back to his damaging form this week.

It was interesting about Choc.  I know his imput was lousy, but that backline of ours was so out of sorts all night, it wasn't even close.  What Choc needs is fast guys coming of that play of his when he runs out wide and holds up the pass for a quick guy to run through a gap.  That just didn't happen.  Maybe he misses Brett more than most?  Do we really like playing in the rain?  I've always thought we play much better on a firm track.   

The boys started off very well. Making good strong metres and keeping the Dogs pinned in their own half. After ten minutes though they lost focus and the first half turned out dreadful.

Poor discipline and extreme weather worked against them. While wet weather doesn't allow for superstar plays, if a team is in your half it does make it easier for them to barge their way over the tryline. Field position was vital and our discipline cost us.

Always good to see a team peg their way back after a poor first half but overall it was a poor performance.

Poor form from Matt Ballin. Kneeing a player is really looked down upon and he will miss a fair bit of time.

With our upcoming match scheduled for Sunday afternoon at home we will have a great chance to post a win this week. Weather should be fine and the Warriors will be a good test for our skill and power.

According to the NRL site Kite wasn't charged, Ballin was charged with grade one striking but will get off with an early guilty plea.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6