1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Position Vacant : Media Content & Social Media

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by vidmar, Feb 28, 2014.

1. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    The Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club is urgently searching for a volunteer who has experience in the development and management of media content and social media.
    If you have the following skills and experience:-

Website Content & Strategy:
    • Develop and execute digital content strategies
    • Write, edit and produce text-based content
    • Film, edit and produce video-based content
    • Maintain key website data

Social Media Fan Engagement & Strategy:
    • Develop and produce content.
    • Ensure social media strategy aligns with digital objectives
    • Actively seek to increase Facebook and twitter audience

Then please send a copy of your resume with your contact details asap to bob@manlyfootballclub.com.au

As this role needs to be filled urgently please feel free to forward to any of your friends or family that you think may be interested? Thanks

2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    IT People and altruism :p

Good luck - shout them free travel and entry into Games at least :idea:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eagle Rock

Eagle Rock Active Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Volunteer ???? A few Tight Arses at the club, this is a very involved roll with high qualifications.

4. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Seriously? When the club's toilets block up do they put out a call for a volunteer licensed plumber?

5. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    To be fair this is the football club not the NRL team

6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    That is right lsz, so far as I know the whole FC operates pretty much by volunteers. (Someone will tell us if I am wrong!)
    [hr]
    ps I have this idiosyncrasy whereby I sound out (usually silently in my own mind) words I read, and I;m always stumped when it comes to how to pronounce your user-name !

7. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Yuuummmm an involved roll.......I had an egg roll for lunch today, but thankfully it wasn't involved. Ha ha I roll over with self laughter.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eagle Rock

Eagle Rock Active Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I have been told the same run by Volunteers, its a joke as some of these volunteers are more highly qualified than some of the Executives at the club who are on good $$$$$. Have a look at the Manly Players profile Site for the Holden Cup and 1sts website, this needs to be organized by an Experienced Web / Data person. Its Poorly Done and just rushed with no attention to detail. My post on this is on the thread in lower grades, results and info. I am not sure if this is done by a volunteer ( I have a feeling it is ) but this area needs to be done professionally as its seen by the public and sponsors.

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    FYI Eagle Rock there are separate entities involved with our team, one of which is the FC. I think you may be confusing it with Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Ltd, which holds the NRL licence and runs the team. The FC is only a minority owner in MWSE Ltd.

10. Eagle Rock

Eagle Rock Active Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Hahaha, Which tight Arse did you get your roll from ! Lol

11. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I can help but can't do the full role plus I live approx 17,000kms away

12. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Manly should get an Intern from UTS Computing Faculty :idea: Together with an apprenticeship allowance, it would be cheap but not quite free .

13. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,746 / 258
    Yes the FOOTBALL CLUB not MWSE...and the FC is 100% Volunteers, most money raised goes to buying more shares in MWSE (and this also providing some financial input).....I don't know how much that is PA, Vidmar will know

14. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,486 / 42
    You lost me after the first paragraph Bob. Get back to me when you want the grass cut and the hedges done.:p

15. lsz

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    It is short for long suffering zuda - a call back to when I first used to post in the dark old days..

• Like Like x 1
  16. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    Thanks HM - that option was looked at but won't work in the short term due to a couple of other factors.

We've had some good responses which is great but still happy to hear from people - I wondered if people were getting the "rolls" confused with free sandwiches....?

We did have the parent get in contact as their son needed to do an internship as part of their course so that would be an ideal fit for someone - so if you or someone you know fits a similar scenario it may be worth passing my details on?

Cheers

17. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    @bones you could be good in the role (and roll)? Obviously some Manly fanatic would be ideal.
    Sounds like the FC is all systems go with some projects in mind

Goodness, I hope you haven't been suffering for all that time!

18. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,796 / 58
    My suffering has now ended, I too had no idea about lsz's username!

As the the position, good to hear vidmar that there are some likely prospects. Goes to show that the whole world isn't scared of the word volunteer.

19. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I think the FC should just purchase silvertails, ready made access to the fans and social media and interweb imprint

• Like Like x 3
  20. lsz

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    I think I started posting around 2002 or so...dark days indeed!