Ponderings and my opinion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
not the year we expected but this is where we are. Not going to get into staff and player turnover, the draw, injuries. Thats been done to death.

The coach
I have some doubts but im firmly in the camp of wait and see. He has had a bad run. Also ive seen some positives in team untity, the team playing as one, the progression on some junior and senior players. I think he has made some rookie mistakes but he is a rookie. As long as he is learning. Parra are the classic sack the coach model, even admitting they sacked BA and then got him back. But just when i think barrett is getting it right he leaves parcell on the bench and persists with api. But every tom dick and harry believes the seasons done so send george and tom to surgery, so why can barret use these games to experiment a few theories he has rolling around. Maybe he is , maybe he isnt but in many ways his season is like tom t, some awesome stuff, some ordinary stuff, and been hampered by injuries

Next year though we need to some some big improvement in our last tackle plays, and our attitude to getting off our line after a kick. Its poor and we need to be better drilled. These things will show if barret is learning and moving us forward.

Defence is improving big time, Siebold must stay. If rumours are true sort it out,they are all grown ups. Too many whiney bitches for too long. Sick of the childish ****

Api
Its been said before , great little player, with plenty of errors but is not a sustainable dummy half. Parsell is the man, api is back up and if our club can have a player like api as back up we are strong.

Kicking
Hand it all over to wright, including the touch finders. Cherry just has too many errors in this dept. cherry should still have some general kicking duties but he is the long range man, green or others must take the inside the 20m duties. Cherry is a sneaky bastard as well so close to the line he is a better chaser, he has the midas touch in this area

Cherry
He is an individualist, plain and simple , ben barber with a boot. He can not run this team. He may learn to , but it will be a long long journey. He is a great player but we must not ask him to be what he clearly isnt.. Our replacement for green must be in our system next year to work with them both. Cherry is a mighty defender though but i think the pressure of being the man got to him

Brett
Funny season, early season it was the team is nothing without brett at the back, later we seemed much more unified when he wasnt. I dont know whats going on, but there is a whiff of something.

Bench
Lewis brown should not make the back row as we have far better players available, and is not a centre so where does he play. He makes a great replacement but not if a hooker is on the bench. The bench can not carry brown and a number 9. If players are fit next year we should learn something about that selection early

Recruitment
We are linked to everyone, something is always going on. It will take about 2 more seasons to get the right squad. Thats just life. Until then its hard to judge the recruitment. But at least something happens. Tapau, walker, symonds, burgess , mateo, wright, winnerstein, cullen, green etc in a pretty short time fram after christmas

Ownership
Some interesting conundrums around this now. The clubs losing money so any pay out of stars and coaches will hit someones pocket. It will be interesting to see if finance dictates whats best for the club overall, or wether we just suck it up in the sake of finance. It should show us a little of how serious the penns are about getting this place right

Players
Darcy, tapau, parsall, jake, buhrer, tom, wright, killer, afb, vave , cherry, and even little api had a great dig. Bj and stevie it was brief but memorable
And the reds, Nice to see parker at the end, and sad to see tommy symonds go
The rest were a little underwhelming but thats footy, and im sure they try there guts out onand off the field. Have a big off season and love to see some improvement next year. Its a team game and hopefully they can carry the can a bit more in 2017

The feeder team.

Really good job. Much better

The forum
**** its funny after a loss, so many angry whiney bitches. But please i use that as a term of endearment. I really do find it funny. Its up there with bank bashing . Keep it up, some of you guys and gals always cheer me up after a loss with the sack em all and run em out of town approach. Burn them they are witches. You are priceless.

But we have a parramatta off season which is plenty of time to reinvent ourselves for next year, and maybe the team also. One more game against the riff, ill be hoping they go on with it . Love to see a raiders riff gf

My off season goal is to drop 12 kgs for the new season which means bad financial news for the leichhardt coffee shops.
MMMMMMAAAAAANNNNNLLLY

Peace

A good read. But did you say: The Feeder team "did a really good job"?
If you are referring to our Reserve grade and Under 20's then may I suggest you were looking at their positions on the ladder upside down.

Yeah good point. I was thinking toward the future going with blacktown or whoever it was. This year has been sad but it has been addressed well in my opinion for the future

not the year we expected but this is where we are. Not going to get into staff and player turnover, the draw, injuries. Thats been done to death.

The coach
I have some doubts but im firmly in the camp of wait and see. He has had a bad run. Also ive seen some positives in team untity, the team playing as one, the progression on some junior and senior players. I think he has made some rookie mistakes but he is a rookie. As long as he is learning. Parra are the classic sack the coach model, even admitting they sacked BA and then got him back. But just when i think barrett is getting it right he leaves parcell on the bench and persists with api. But every tom dick and harry believes the seasons done so send george and tom to surgery, so why can barret use these games to experiment a few theories he has rolling around. Maybe he is , maybe he isnt but in many ways his season is like tom t, some awesome stuff, some ordinary stuff, and been hampered by injuries

Next year though we need to some some big improvement in our last tackle plays, and our attitude to getting off our line after a kick. Its poor and we need to be better drilled. These things will show if barret is learning and moving us forward.

Defence is improving big time, Siebold must stay. If rumours are true sort it out,they are all grown ups. Too many whiney bitches for too long. Sick of the childish ****

Api
Its been said before , great little player, with plenty of errors but is not a sustainable dummy half. Parsell is the man, api is back up and if our club can have a player like api as back up we are strong.

Kicking
Hand it all over to wright, including the touch finders. Cherry just has too many errors in this dept. cherry should still have some general kicking duties but he is the long range man, green or others must take the inside the 20m duties. Cherry is a sneaky bastard as well so close to the line he is a better chaser, he has the midas touch in this area

Cherry
He is an individualist, plain and simple , ben barber with a boot. He can not run this team. He may learn to , but it will be a long long journey. He is a great player but we must not ask him to be what he clearly isnt.. Our replacement for green must be in our system next year to work with them both. Cherry is a mighty defender though but i think the pressure of being the man got to him

Brett
Funny season, early season it was the team is nothing without brett at the back, later we seemed much more unified when he wasnt. I dont know whats going on, but there is a whiff of something.

Bench
Lewis brown should not make the back row as we have far better players available, and is not a centre so where does he play. He makes a great replacement but not if a hooker is on the bench. The bench can not carry brown and a number 9. If players are fit next year we should learn something about that selection early

Recruitment
We are linked to everyone, something is always going on. It will take about 2 more seasons to get the right squad. Thats just life. Until then its hard to judge the recruitment. But at least something happens. Tapau, walker, symonds, burgess , mateo, wright, winnerstein, cullen, green etc in a pretty short time fram after christmas

Ownership
Some interesting conundrums around this now. The clubs losing money so any pay out of stars and coaches will hit someones pocket. It will be interesting to see if finance dictates whats best for the club overall, or wether we just suck it up in the sake of finance. It should show us a little of how serious the penns are about getting this place right

Players
Darcy, tapau, parsall, jake, buhrer, tom, wright, killer, afb, vave , cherry, and even little api had a great dig. Bj and stevie it was brief but memorable
And the reds, Nice to see parker at the end, and sad to see tommy symonds go
The rest were a little underwhelming but thats footy, and im sure they try there guts out onand off the field. Have a big off season and love to see some improvement next year. Its a team game and hopefully they can carry the can a bit more in 2017

The feeder team.

Really good job. Much better

The forum
**** its funny after a loss, so many angry whiney bitches. But please i use that as a term of endearment. I really do find it funny. Its up there with bank bashing . Keep it up, some of you guys and gals always cheer me up after a loss with the sack em all and run em out of town approach. Burn them they are witches. You are priceless.

But we have a parramatta off season which is plenty of time to reinvent ourselves for next year, and maybe the team also. One more game against the riff, ill be hoping they go on with it . Love to see a raiders riff gf

My off season goal is to drop 12 kgs for the new season which means bad financial news for the leichhardt coffee shops.
MMMMMMAAAAAANNNNNLLLY

Peace
Are you kidding that the defense is improving, what team are you watching?

Good summation James, can't disagree with much in there at all.

All the bashing should be given a break, let's see what the final makeup of the team is in January, then once we've been flogged in game 1 let's the bashing recommence.

Otherwise a good read .

Whilst I agree with most of your post @jbb/james the omission was that of sponsorship - or lack of a major one.
I've also noticed since the resolution of leasing Brookvale Oval and Manly acquiring the naming rights, there has been a distinct lack of a suitable sponsor...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6