1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poms plotting T-Rex extinction

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Nov 19, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    ENGLAND coach Steve McNamara has admitted the home side need to over-power 118kg Kangaroo X-factor Tony Williams to have any hope of smashing a 41-year Australian hoodoo in the Four Nations final.

Read the full article

2. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    Put Heighington on him again! How funny was that!

3. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    No way, we've got his DNA. TRex is back.......... and we're cloning more.

4. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I gotta funny feeling they might do us tomorrow. Have had the same feeling before 08 world cup, last years 4 nations final.

But I hope I'm wrong

5. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
  6. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Well the old extinction trick failed. I do hope Tony gets used to putting some more shoulder into his tackles. These lazy loose arms are creeping up a little too much. I'm not talking about the big hits he pulls off, they're fine. I mean a little more Gallen style would great.

7. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Yes, I would like to see him put more shoulder into his tackles too but I think that the Poms ducked a lot into his tackles which I think could possibly be what they were talking about to make him extinct in that final i.e. get him sent off for a high shot.

8. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    AAHHH! I never thought of that Jethro. Clever little Poms!

9. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Well think about it, how many high shots did he appear to make in that game and how many did he make for the entire 2011 NRL season? The poor bugger has to already aim low with his tackles because he is taller than the others and in that game to stop doing high shots he would have had to bend down to their belly buttons to prevent himself from doing the high shots.