Pommy refs and commentators

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookie4eva

Bencher
I have just finished watching the game from this morning, and a few points I'd like to make.

Firstly, I have to say I didn't get into the game too much, didn't find it particularly exciting. Not sure yet if it really was a poor game, or cause I'm used to working my way into a game with a few beers beforehand, which I didn't do today.

But to keep with the thread topic, I didn't think much of the pommy refs and commentators.

The refs were so inconsistent in their rulings, especially when it game to holding the man down after the tackle, it was so frustrating.

And the commentators annoyed me, they obviously have learnt from Ch 9 that you have to love Billy and Benji.

My favourite line came shortly before the kiwis first try, when Benji was passing, "forward pass Brilliantly finds his man" ....WTF !!

The best part of the commentary was when it went mute during the 2nd last try. I learned far more about the game and the movement from the silence other than crowd noise and referee microphone. Channel 9 could do better than to put their team on mute too.

I liked the pommy ref, not as **** as Cockchin or Cummins, not as homoerotic as Suttor or as over bearing as Hayne or the other bloke

Now before the Luke hoopla starts here the reason as to why he didn't get placed on report or penalised for the 'cannonball' is this the RLIF (Rugby League International Federation) operate under a different set of rules and under the current guidelines Issac Luke didn't break a rule. So Sheens and whinge, bitch and moan until he's blue in the face the fact of the matter is it's play on (and yes I would still post this if one of our players got hurt). The NRL needs to learn that just because they make a rule don't expect every other comp to follow suite.

I liked the fact that there was only one referee, even if he was inconsistent. Reminded me how much I hate the two refs system. One idiot is always better than two.

I'll be going subtitles next week. F**ked if I know what the Irish dude was saying. Sounded like he'd had 20 pints of Guinness to me. The amount of hold down time in the ruck ruined any chance of the game looking like anything but a game of union.:s

Matabele said:
Issac Luke is a grub, regardless of what the rules say.

That is true Mata but what we have to understand here is that the NRL for far to long has changed the rules to suite themselves ie two refs and the RLIF has every right to over ride them.
A mate of mine who is involved with RL internationally for the has said that we are in danger of becoming the CART series to the worlds Formula 1. Because of the rule differences from the NRL to the International game.

I have to sit through an international game and have to explain to someone that watches NRL the differences between the two.
If any of you have foxtel watch the England vs Wales game tonight guarantee the ref will pull the winger up if he catches the ball to wait for him( the ref)at the 20, it's the other way around the ref has to rule play on and give the attacking team momentum in International rules

Super league rules make a messy game. It was true in the 90's and is true today.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6