1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Has the Parra rivalry re-ignited?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyArmy, Feb 24, 2015.

Has the rivalry with Parra re-ignited?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Never died down

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  4. Who are Parra?

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    Big game in 10 days. Has the rivalry returned?

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Clearly, yes. Eels are having one of their periodic mini-revivals.

3. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,548 / 32
    They're not even a blip on the radar yet. They'd have to improve a hell of a lot to be looked at as a rival.

4. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    They are eternal enemy, always have been, always will be. They have beaten us in 2 grand finals out of 3 and they have never let us forget it.

Over history we have won 2 out of every 3 games , handed them their record home defeat as well, 64-12 in 1988, what a sweet day that was.

Now they buy and try to buy our established first grade players, we bought their cast offs and turned them into successful players.

I support 2 clubs, Manly and who ever plays the whinging worms!

• Like Like x 2
  5. WESTIE

WESTIE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +333 / 9
    Seeing they came into the comp at the same time as us, our success can only truly be measured against them...theyve done nothing since 86 apart from lose the unloseable GF against drugcastle and had a player on a hot streak in hayne for 8 or 9 weeks....so no....no revival to the rivalry IMO.

6. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    no different to me, except they have 1 hell of an ungrateful d!ckhead playing for them now.

7. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    When did the Manly vs Parra rivalry ever die down? It doesn't matter if they are on the bottom or top of the ladder, every win against Parra-doesn't-matta is cause for celebration.

8. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 57
    Will forever hate those westie scumbags.

9. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    I was tempted to say 'who are Parramatta' just to stir the pot haha. Bunch of nuffys. Plus if you still hate them regardless of how crap they are, then the rivalry is still there. Which in my opinion it still is

10. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Always hated them but extra spice now that Watnow, Will Hoppa & Fully Lussick play for them.

11. Dinga

Dinga Active Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 1
    G'day FELLAS first time poster and a passionate supporter of the mighty Sea eagles. The biggest rivalry for me is us versus Parra dont matta or the doggies. A close friend of mine who is a bulldog fanatic has a friend who is supposedly close mates with a reporter and says Kieran Foran has already signed with the eels its a done deal... If that is the case the rivalry between manly and parra will be even more intense..EITHER way i hate parra and will even more so if this is the case.. The impending decisions from both DCE & Foran next week is a critical moment in Manlys famous history.. LETS hope and pray they both stay faithfull to the mighty seaeagles and these rumors which are driving us all nuts are put to bed.

12. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,410 / 35
    Im saying No, but thats no to say ti wont start flaring up.

The rivarly on Rd1 is just the NRL and the Media trying to make something out or Choc going to parra.

Quite frankly im hoping we steamroll parra 40 nil and then this hype is put to bed.

13. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    Growing up I hated Parra with a passion but nowadays I just can't go past the mange ridden Dogs....I think it started with my loathing of that cheap shot merchant Terry Lamb, then came the defection to super league. Final nail in the coffin was Greenburg and his shady used car salesman persona....the thought of that sociopath worming his way to a position of power within the NRL makes me fearful for the future of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    I just want March the 6th to hurry up. Hope we have a fully fit team, smash Watmough, and the slimy Eels.