1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Mark from Brisbane, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    No I don't play it, nor will I. much better things to do with my time these days.

But just a comment, firstly, have you ever seen a "craze" take off like this, believe me I've seen a few and yes "planking" went off for a while (with a few) but this is millions and millions of people.

I happened to be at South Bank in Brisbane yesterday having lunch with some friends who were in town for the weekend and wanted to catch up, there were literally thousands of people walking around with their phone looking for these damn things.

But my real question is, planking lasted a few weeks, how long do you see this craze lasting?

2. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,725 / 100
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Not overly long but will be the first in a heap of new similar style games

4. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    Craze? I think you are a bit off the mark....Mark! (I'm so funny) Pokemon has been around for 15 years or so, so I doubt the 'franchise' will die.

It's been a world wide phenomenon. It only just got released in Canada but for the past week I've seen 100's of Canadians playing it (they start an 'american account' and go from there yadda yadda)

This thing has been huge. It was already the most downloaded app in history...and very very quickly. they'll add a heap of in game purchases and data mine the hell out of all who play.

whilst I don't expect you all to fall in love with the idea....and probably poo-poo it (as is your right) - it's been friggen huge.

For the record....I don't play it but I seem to be in the minority around here. (canada)

Gets people out of the house!

Have a look at this! In central park!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  5. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    Don't worry @globaleagle , I'm well aware of the Nintendo game 15 years ago.

Interesting observation @Isz

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    Has it gone berserk in the Netherlands as well @Dan

7. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    It hasn't taken off much here though I haven't been into the centre. Whilst I was running yesterday I saw a handful of kids and one grown man doing it. That is on an 8km circuit so a wide area covered.

However Matilda wanted to try it, so I took her and Archie for a walk yesterday and we saw a few kids walking around doing it. Mostly teenage or preteen boys.

I'm on with the idea of kids getting outside and walking around it is good for them. It's the grown men doing it that are a worry.

Matilda and Archie really enjoyed it so I promised to take them again tonight when she gets back from summer camp, I'm happy to walk around with Matilda as there are a lot of nice walking areas near me, as long as we avoid the gay cruising area at nieuwmeer.

8. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    One month tops, then it will die down.

9. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    I'd like to change its name to PokaZorb and see if it had the same success or would kids find it too scary...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Technical Coach

Technical Coach Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    Just the next Bipolar and Depression demographic being groomed for the future, glad we can spot them much earlier now.

Seriously what is the Pokemon game in general about, i mean i know it has been around for years but have no idea what the craze is about.

Is it just Japanese cartoon figures people like collecting? i couldn't be arsed to Wiki it, Google it, or YouTube it to educate myself on this craze.

Kids enjoying the new game under the age of 10 is fine, but adults seriously.

Adults should be having one night stands and unplanned pregnancies that is adult entertainment to help sustain the population,tax base and provide future growth without the need to import it through immigration.

Wake up people......
    Home Forums > General > General Discussion Forum >

11. globaleagle

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    Nintendo shares up 120% since pokemon go's release!

12. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    You know as I sit beside a creek in the bush somewhere, fishing line in waiting for a bite, open fire going, enjoying a nice coffee (or cold beer after 5pm), perhaps chatting with the caravanners who might be parked 100 metres away, and contemplating seeing the most beautiful display at sunset and then the chandelier of stars that follows, I also wonder WTF are these people doing with their lives.

I had lunch with some friends recently , who were minding their pre teen grandchildren, part from saying hello, the kids never uttered a word for the whole two hours and even had to be interrupted from whatever game or social media they were on to actually eat their hamburger.

I really do wonder where the world is headed.

13. globaleagle

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    BACK IN MY DAY.....

rabble rabbble rabble rabble

lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Clever Clever x 1
  14. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    You know really, pokemon go isn't that different to fishing!

Im enjoying doing it with the kids of an evening, its a good way to get out and get them doing some exercise as well as having them see and explore the world around them. We live in a nice neighbourhood with plenty of places to explore so there is great merit in it in that regard

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. globaleagle

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    You probably already know this Dan as you're a computer guru but anyway.....

There's an app out there called 'pokevision' which is like google maps. It shows where pokemons are, what they are, and how long they re going to be there.

This may help you with the young'uns who may get bored if they don't find any. You'll be able to sneak a peek at the app...walk there and be in the running for dad of the year.