• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No I don't play it, nor will I. much better things to do with my time these days.

But just a comment, firstly, have you ever seen a "craze" take off like this, believe me I've seen a few and yes "planking" went off for a while (with a few) but this is millions and millions of people.

I happened to be at South Bank in Brisbane yesterday having lunch with some friends who were in town for the weekend and wanted to catch up, there were literally thousands of people walking around with their phone looking for these damn things.

But my real question is, planking lasted a few weeks, how long do you see this craze lasting?

13709922_1060543370665789_6084641891281623551_n.jpg

Not overly long but will be the first in a heap of new similar style games

Craze? I think you are a bit off the mark....Mark! (I'm so funny) Pokemon has been around for 15 years or so, so I doubt the 'franchise' will die.

It's been a world wide phenomenon. It only just got released in Canada but for the past week I've seen 100's of Canadians playing it (they start an 'american account' and go from there yadda yadda)

This thing has been huge. It was already the most downloaded app in history...and very very quickly. they'll add a heap of in game purchases and data mine the hell out of all who play.

whilst I don't expect you all to fall in love with the idea....and probably poo-poo it (as is your right) - it's been friggen huge.

For the record....I don't play it but I seem to be in the minority around here. (canada)

Gets people out of the house!

Have a look at this! In central park!

Last edited:
It hasn't taken off much here though I haven't been into the centre. Whilst I was running yesterday I saw a handful of kids and one grown man doing it. That is on an 8km circuit so a wide area covered.

However Matilda wanted to try it, so I took her and Archie for a walk yesterday and we saw a few kids walking around doing it. Mostly teenage or preteen boys.

I'm on with the idea of kids getting outside and walking around it is good for them. It's the grown men doing it that are a worry.

Matilda and Archie really enjoyed it so I promised to take them again tonight when she gets back from summer camp, I'm happy to walk around with Matilda as there are a lot of nice walking areas near me, as long as we avoid the gay cruising area at nieuwmeer.

No I don't play it, nor will I. much better things to do with my time these days.

But just a comment, firstly, have you ever seen a "craze" take off like this, believe me I've seen a few and yes "planking" went off for a while (with a few) but this is millions and millions of people.

I happened to be at South Bank in Brisbane yesterday having lunch with some friends who were in town for the weekend and wanted to catch up, there were literally thousands of people walking around with their phone looking for these damn things.

But my real question is, planking lasted a few weeks, how long do you see this craze lasting?
I'd like to change its name to PokaZorb and see if it had the same success or would kids find it too scary...

Just the next Bipolar and Depression demographic being groomed for the future, glad we can spot them much earlier now.

Seriously what is the Pokemon game in general about, i mean i know it has been around for years but have no idea what the craze is about.

Is it just Japanese cartoon figures people like collecting? i couldn't be arsed to Wiki it, Google it, or YouTube it to educate myself on this craze.

Kids enjoying the new game under the age of 10 is fine, but adults seriously.

Adults should be having one night stands and unplanned pregnancies that is adult entertainment to help sustain the population,tax base and provide future growth without the need to import it through immigration.

Wake up people......
Home Forums > General > General Discussion Forum >

Just the next Bipolar and Depression demographic being groomed for the future, glad we can spot them much earlier now.

Seriously what is the Pokemon game in general about, i mean i know it has been around for years but have no idea what the craze is about.

Is it just Japanese cartoon figures people like collecting? i couldn't be arsed to Wiki it, Google it, or YouTube it to educate myself on this craze.

Kids enjoying the new game under the age of 10 is fine, but adults seriously.

Adults should be having one night stands and unplanned pregnancies that is adult entertainment to help sustain the population,tax base and provide future growth without the need to import it through immigration.

Wake up people......
Home Forums > General > General Discussion Forum >

You know as I sit beside a creek in the bush somewhere, fishing line in waiting for a bite, open fire going, enjoying a nice coffee (or cold beer after 5pm), perhaps chatting with the caravanners who might be parked 100 metres away, and contemplating seeing the most beautiful display at sunset and then the chandelier of stars that follows, I also wonder WTF are these people doing with their lives.

I had lunch with some friends recently , who were minding their pre teen grandchildren, part from saying hello, the kids never uttered a word for the whole two hours and even had to be interrupted from whatever game or social media they were on to actually eat their hamburger.

I really do wonder where the world is headed.

You know as I sit beside a creek in the bush somewhere, fishing line in waiting for a bite, open fire going, enjoying a nice coffee (or cold beer after 5pm), perhaps chatting with the caravanners who might be parked 100 metres away, and contemplating seeing the most beautiful display at sunset and then the chandelier of stars that follows, I also wonder WTF are these people doing with their lives.

I had lunch with some friends recently , who were minding their pre teen grandchildren, part from saying hello, the kids never uttered a word for the whole two hours and even had to be interrupted from whatever game or social media they were on to actually eat their hamburger.

You know really, pokemon go isn't that different to fishing!

Im enjoying doing it with the kids of an evening, its a good way to get out and get them doing some exercise as well as having them see and explore the world around them. We live in a nice neighbourhood with plenty of places to explore so there is great merit in it in that regard

You know really, pokemon go isn't that different to fishing!

Im enjoying doing it with the kids of an evening, its a good way to get out and get them doing some exercise as well as having them see and explore the world around them. We live in a nice neighbourhood with plenty of places to explore so there is great merit in it in that regard

You probably already know this Dan as you're a computer guru but anyway.....

There's an app out there called 'pokevision' which is like google maps. It shows where pokemons are, what they are, and how long they re going to be there.

This may help you with the young'uns who may get bored if they don't find any. You'll be able to sneak a peek at the app...walk there and be in the running for dad of the year.

It's amazing isn't it? The way different people view the world. Some love technology and all the shiny gizmos that come along with it. Some simply must have the latest iphone, newest model car, smart tv, keep up with fashion and be right into all the latest pop culture trends.

I've never really fit in with this mob. I'm way too bushy I guess. I love the outdoors, the fresh air, the quiet, the ease of life at your own pace and the overall relaxation that only being self reliant can deliver. We were raised to be independant and asking for help or handouts was something to be looked down on. These days it seems to be the norm for people.

The city Australian.... I learned how to assimilate with them growing up...but always felt somewhat different to them. To me...they always struck me as, well....soft. Kind of like suburban sheep. One jumps in the air, most times for no real reason, and the rest automatically do the same. But it's not my place to judge them I suppose. Each to his own...

As for me, I've been working on an escape plan that kind of has me taking the best of both worlds. I've got my eye on 80 acres, not too far off the beaten track out west. Permanent water source from springs and mountain country. The plan...off grid living! Well, not totally off grid. I want the things we have these days...tv, internet, refrigeration, elcetric lighting, aircon etc.

So...I'm planning to buy this block and get to work living, not working my arse off to pay bills! I'm going with a 2 level straw bale house, 15m x 9m with the top level mostly open to catch the breezes and insect proof, with an observation type deck for an overall view of the place, and somewhere to kick back and enjoy the stars and the sounds of the night time bush. Unless the footy is on of course! lol. Solar and wind power with a bio diesel generator for back up. Huge fully fenced vege and eventually fruit gardens. Soil improvement will be through extensive diy biochar placement and mulching. I've spent years coming to arrangements with local tree loppers (source of mulch), cafes (source of old cooking oil for bio diesel) and all manner of other people that can help get this off the ground.

With a bit of luck and a fair breeze...I'll be taking a slice of country and turning it into a kind of paradise. Established trees, lawns, daybeds strategically placed around a large pool modelled on the pools built by Anthony Archer Wills.

I reckon the time is almost right to make a move. My boys are ready to fly the coop with one finishing year 12 this year (looks like he's going straight into acting with the Queensland Theatre Company already offering him work based on his school performances and interviews. They want him fulltime, but he already has his eye on the Australian movie scene. The other one is heading into year 11 next year and has no real idea what he wants to do. He takes after his mum LOL! That gives me a year or two. Despite comments I make on here in the interest of what I call comedy...I'm 46 years old and in pretty good shape again, so I'm looking forward to the challenge of becoming a high tech, bush loving, footy mad bloke...living truly on my own terms.

Last edited:
It's amazing isn't it? The way different people view the world. Some love technology and all the shiny gizmos that come along with it. Some simply must have the latest iphone, newest model car, smart tv, keep up with fashion and be right into all the latest pop culture trends.

I've never really fit in with this mob. I'm way too bushy I guess. I love the outdoors, the fresh air, the quiet, the ease of life at your own pace and the overall relaxation that only being self reliant can deliver. We were raised to be independant and asking for help or handouts was something to be looked down on. These days it seems to be the norm for people.

The city Australian.... I learned how to assimilate with them growing up...but always felt somewhat different to them. To me...they always struck me as, well....soft. Kind of like suburban sheep. One jumps in the air, most times for no real reason, and the rest automatically do the same. But it's not my place to judge them I suppose. Each to his own...

As for me, I've been working on an escape plan that kind of has me taking the best of both worlds. I've got my eye on 80 acres, not too far off the beaten track out west. Permanent water source from springs and mountain country. The plan...off grid living! Well, not totally off grid. I want the things we have these days...tv, internet, refrigeration, elcetric lighting, aircon etc.

So...I'm planning to buy this block and get to work living, not working my arse off to pay bills! I'm going with a 2 level straw bale house, 15m x 9m with the top level mostly open to catch the breezes and insect proof, with an observation type deck for an overall view of the place, and somewhere to kick back and enjoy the stars and the sounds of the night time bush. Unless the footy is on of course! lol. Solar and wind power with a bio diesel generator for back up. Huge fully fenced vege and eventually fruit gardens. Soil improvement will be through extensive diy biochar placement and mulching. I've spent years coming to arrangements with local tree loppers (source of mulch), cafes (source of old cooking oil for bio diesel) and all manner of other people that can help get this off the ground.

With a bit of luck and a fair breeze...I'll be taking a slice of country and turning it into a kind of paradise. Established trees, lawns, daybeds strategically placed around a large pool modelled on the pools built by Anthony Archer Wills.

I reckon the time is almost right to make a move. My boys are ready to fly the coop with one finishing year 12 this year (looks like he's going straight into acting with the Queensland Theatre Company already offering him work based on his school performances and interviews. They want him fulltime, but he already has his eye on the Australian movie scene. The other one is heading into year 11 next year and has no real idea what he wants to do. He takes after his mum LOL! That gives me a year or two. Despite comments I make on here in the interest of what I call comedy...I'm 46 years old and in pretty good shape again, so I'm looking forward to the challenge of becoming a high tech, bush loving, footy mad bloke...living truly on my own terms.

With modern technology ( and I’m not talking iphones) it’s certainly possible to do this.

I know some people who have done just what you have stated above.

All power is solar and stored in batteries for night time use, they have ceiling fans but no air conditioning.

If they got 2-3 days of cloudy weather they really need to conserve so it’s just lights only.

They have a combustion stove, which also heats their shower water.

They have a few head of cattle , about 40 sheep , a huge chook pen, 2 milk producing cows and a massive veggie patch.

They have a TV, stereo system but no internet and aren’t on social media.

They have a house phone and nothing else.

They have a 4wd Ute ( needed to transport hay etc, and this is their family car), they do use and need Diesel for this but it’s about the only power source they pay for.

They produce their own butter, live almost totally off the land and are as healthy as anything.

Gotta admit not my idea but they are happy, so yes it can be done!!

Last edited:

Sounds legen......wait for it.....dary!

You should keep us up to date how it goes....and so we know when to visit!

Pokemon Go grosses 3 billion dollars (US) over the past 4 years.

fyi

woot

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4