PM Abbott on Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully good news for Brookie. The new northern rugby franchise will play home games at Brookie. Support them & we may just get an upgrade.

Stevo said:
tookey said:
All he done is confirm and take the credit for the $10m that Gillard actually guaranteed us before the last election. In other words he has given us himself not one cent towards Brookie.

Now he wants Baird to match Gillard's $10m which the state govt has reiterated that they won't give money to suburban grounds. Sounds like SNAFU to me.

Why would Gillard do that though? Other than to make Abbot look bad?

The $10m was committed by labour in the May 2013 budget. No doubt a parting gesture by Gillard to ensure that Abbott is embarrassed for many years in the future whenever talk of funding Brookie oval comes up.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-20/berg-election-dance-of-the-travelling-salesmen/4899188

Stevo maybe if you rooted Gillard and Albanese we would have $30m by now. :D

Will someone start shagging Baird as the State Libs havn't even got around to promising anything for the premiers local area

If anyone is talking about shagging politicians for the money to upgrade Brookie.....its a pity neither Kate Ellis or Natasha Stott Despoja are the ones handing out the money.

That is all.

Ralphie said:
tookey said:
All he done is confirm and take the credit for the $10m that Gillard actually guaranteed us before the last election. In other words he has given us himself not one cent towards Brookie.

Now he wants Baird to match Gillard's $10m which the state govt has reiterated that they won't give money to suburban grounds. Sounds like SNAFU to me.

Gillard was in power and did nothing. I say again, she was in power, she controlled the money and she paid nothing. She made a promise to do so after the election knowing full well she wouldn't have had a chance if her party had let her stay on.

So far Tony Abbott has done nothing. He is in power and controls the money and he has paid nothing.

I will give credit to the person who PAYS the money.

One good thing the Libs did do when gaining power was knocking Souffs centre of excellence funding proposal on the head ;)

Mals said:
Ralphie said:
tookey said:

Gillard was in power and did nothing. I say again, she was in power, she controlled the money and she paid nothing. She made a promise to do so after the election knowing full well she wouldn't have had a chance if her party had let her stay on.

So far Tony Abbott has done nothing. He is in power and controls the money and he has paid nothing.

I will give credit to the person who PAYS the money.

One good thing the Libs did do when gaining power was knocking Souffs centre of excellence funding proposal on the head ;)

Pity Abbott fire up the souths bogans and transfer the money to brookie instead.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2