Please Tooves don't cop it on the chin!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I cant cop the Brett Stewart no try decision. Barba and the Dogs have been running the exact same play all year and getting away with it, so if there was any kind of consistency it should have been a try fair and square.

I cant cop the Brett Stewart no try decision. Barba and the Dogs have been running the exact same play all year and getting away with it, so if there was any kind of consistency it should have been a try fair and square.

I don't agree with you often Mr i but i agree, i watched the Dogs game and the refs were terrible in that game aswell. They get it in their heads that one side needs to be penalized till the other team scores.

The worse part is the clear favoritism of some teams over others depending on the ref. Another example is how certain high profile Storm players can get away with all sorts of horrible tackles yet when a Manly player accidentally does the same thing it gets penalized.

I don't agree with you often Mr i but i agree, i watched the Dogs game and the refs were terrible in that game aswell. They get it in their heads that one side needs to be penalized till the other team scores.

The worse part is the clear favoritism of some teams over others depending on the ref. Another example is how certain high profile Storm players can get away with all sorts of horrible tackles yet when a Manly player accidentally does the same thing it gets penalized.

Have a look at Toove's press conference on Foxsports..,.,.,..,he made it clear what he thought of that performance by the ref's. Smart too, did it in a way where he won't cost the club $10 000. Also had a shot at Thurston's claim that Sydney team's are being favoured by saying "someone thinks the Sydney teams are being favoured......but I know we won't be playing at Brookvale if we make the yop 4". Love your work Tooves.

Have a look at Toove's press conference on Foxsports..,.,.,..,he made it clear what he thought of that performance by the ref's. Smart too, did it in a way where he won't cost the club $10 000. Also had a shot at Thurston's claim that Sydney team's are being favoured by saying "someone thinks the Sydney teams are being favoured......but I know we won't be playing at Brookvale if we make the yop 4". Love your work Tooves.

There are just not enough decent refs around. No point in having two refs out there if they are both crap. Judging on last nights effort you'd get more correct decisions by tossing a coin, which must be what the video ref is doing. If there's ever been a worse bunch of referees than the pretenders we've got at the moment I don't recall them.

There are just not enough decent refs around. No point in having two refs out there if they are both crap. Judging on last nights effort you'd get more correct decisions by tossing a coin, which must be what the video ref is doing. If there's ever been a worse bunch of referees than the pretenders we've got at the moment I don't recall them.

I have read Des's complaints he certainy didn't hold back. When he was Manly coach I admired that he was one of the few coaches who spoke his mind but the press nailed him for it.
One thing Dessie needs to realise though is that his side have been getting away with obstruction tries all year so he's had a good deal there.
Another thing that will be interesting is the reaction to Dessie's comments. When he spoke out at Manly he was a whinger. Speaking for the bulldogs will he be hailed a hero?
As for Tooves, great coaching despite poor refereeing.

I have read Des's complaints he certainy didn't hold back. When he was Manly coach I admired that he was one of the few coaches who spoke his mind but the press nailed him for it.
One thing Dessie needs to realise though is that his side have been getting away with obstruction tries all year so he's had a good deal there.
Another thing that will be interesting is the reaction to Dessie's comments. When he spoke out at Manly he was a whinger. Speaking for the bulldogs will he be hailed a hero?

niccipops said:
One thing Dessie needs to realise though is that his side have been getting away with obstrubtion tries all year so he's had a good deal there.

I agree. Last week when tooves said his piece the kennel was full of threads calling him a total donk and a whinger.

But when their coach does it....

hailed as a hero.

niccipops said:
One thing Dessie needs to realise though is that his side have been getting away with obstrubtion tries all year so he's had a good deal there.

I agree. Last week when tooves said his piece the kennel was full of threads calling him a total donk and a whinger.

But when their coach does it....

hailed as a hero.

MrInvisible said:
Well I watched both games tonight Dogs vs Knights and Manly vs Cowboys.

At times I had to do a double take because the standard of refereeing in both games was far beyond a joke.

Hasler let rip at the presser and made a VERY interesting comment. He stated that coaches can hear everything the refs say. The refs said 3 times "this game is going to change", before blowing 4 penalties in a row to get Knights over for a score of 24-4. He has pretty much asked for a please explain.

Lets hope Toovey can expand on such comments, because as fans we deserve better.

The Dogs vs Knights game was an absolute joke (anyone who watched it at one stage Tahu drops the ball and Barba looks like going the full 100 only to get called back and refs not play advantage). In the first half Inu kicks a ball and Cattius Boyd shoves him out of the way. Don't even get me started on the offside and the overlooked dodgy play the balls.

The Manly and Cowboys game though showed why the commission need to do something about this NOW. We are coming to the pointy end of the season and finals footy. Some teams are incredibly close and a poor call could be the difference between a top 4 or 8 spot, or missing out completely. It is NOT good enough.

In many ways I question gamblings role in the game and how mcuh damage it may be causing, in other ways the refs are just as bad.

So yes, I hope Toovey takes a peek at Haslers presser, and absolutely unloads as well. 2 men can ruin this great game of ours.

I don't know which I care less about - what Hasler said or what you think.

MrInvisible said:

At times I had to do a double take because the standard of refereeing in both games was far beyond a joke.

Hasler let rip at the presser and made a VERY interesting comment. He stated that coaches can hear everything the refs say. The refs said 3 times "this game is going to change", before blowing 4 penalties in a row to get Knights over for a score of 24-4. He has pretty much asked for a please explain.

Lets hope Toovey can expand on such comments, because as fans we deserve better.

The Dogs vs Knights game was an absolute joke (anyone who watched it at one stage Tahu drops the ball and Barba looks like going the full 100 only to get called back and refs not play advantage). In the first half Inu kicks a ball and Cattius Boyd shoves him out of the way. Don't even get me started on the offside and the overlooked dodgy play the balls.

The Manly and Cowboys game though showed why the commission need to do something about this NOW. We are coming to the pointy end of the season and finals footy. Some teams are incredibly close and a poor call could be the difference between a top 4 or 8 spot, or missing out completely. It is NOT good enough.

In many ways I question gamblings role in the game and how mcuh damage it may be causing, in other ways the refs are just as bad.

So yes, I hope Toovey takes a peek at Haslers presser, and absolutely unloads as well. 2 men can ruin this great game of ours.

Thought the T-Rex no try was a disgrace. Choc didn't touch Glenn Hall who takes a dive and the video ref falls for it. The same ref who didn't call shepherd in Origin 3. What a joke

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Thought the T-Rex no try was a disgrace. Choc didn't touch Glenn Hall who takes a dive and the video ref falls for it. The same ref who didn't call shepherd in Origin 3. What a joke

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

bones said:
MrInvisible said:

Good post Mr I-Come semi time someone is gonna get royally screwed by inept reffing.
Shot down by bones-you should take it as a compliment.

bones said:
MrInvisible said:

Good post Mr I-Come semi time someone is gonna get royally screwed by inept reffing.
Shot down by bones-you should take it as a compliment.

Top End Eagle said:
There is a fair dinkum directive from the refs to call 'milking' any time Manly deserved a penalty in the ruck.

And another thing that gives me the irrits, is that our trapping the ball in front of the lock's feet to gain a penalty for opposition offside at the scrum, has never once resulted in anything but the opposition getting four or five extra metres on us. We have been doing it for three years and I can't recall once getting a penalty for it and it is the kind of play that backfires if we don't!

Have the refs been instructed by their superiors to view this as 'milking' too?

The ball is considered out of the scrum once it is past the second row. Defence is entitled to move in the situation you described.

Top End Eagle said:
There is a fair dinkum directive from the refs to call 'milking' any time Manly deserved a penalty in the ruck.

And another thing that gives me the irrits, is that our trapping the ball in front of the lock's feet to gain a penalty for opposition offside at the scrum, has never once resulted in anything but the opposition getting four or five extra metres on us. We have been doing it for three years and I can't recall once getting a penalty for it and it is the kind of play that backfires if we don't!

Have the refs been instructed by their superiors to view this as 'milking' too?

The ball is considered out of the scrum once it is past the second row. Defence is entitled to move in the situation you described.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6